BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

02-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #7745
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

By far the most interesting thread in the OT section in quite some time.

I have a friend who is pretty. Her clothing style is not horrible but she ages herself in her choices. She lacks some self confidence but has been working on it. I took her shopping at some of the boutiques I go to and I introduced her to self tanner. This weekend she had such a smile on her face in her new outfit and tan. I always loved watching those makeover shows because it shocks me how some people just let themselves go or don't even make an effort.

After checking out the what kicks are you rocking thread, there are a few people on here who could use a shoe makeover. I'm curious to see what in the hell they pair these shoe choices with as far as clothing. :
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      02-02-2021, 12:19 PM   #7746
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Translation:

He stalked you throughout the store and hoped to use the kid as a prop to meet you.

My work here is done...
Yeah that's super creepy. I noticed you around the store = I've been watching you from my safe hiding space.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-02-2021, 12:21 PM   #7747
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I've been hit on a few times in grocery stores, but I'm actually very oblivious to it and not good at reading obvious signs. One time I went somewhere with a friend (this was 3 years ago) and after we left he goes "that cashier was really hitting on you". I thought no she wasn't. He goes "she looked at me wondering why you weren't catching on".

Oops.

Now I just get hit on by cougars and older moms working in the schools I'm at for work.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #7748
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I've been hit on a few times in grocery stores, but I'm actually very oblivious to it and not good at reading obvious signs. One time I went somewhere with a friend (this was 3 years ago) and after we left he goes "that cashier was really hitting on you". I thought no she wasn't. He goes "she looked at me wondering why you weren't catching on".

Oops.

Now I just get hit on by cougars and older moms working in the schools I'm at for work.
Think you meant to put an exclamation after that sentence and not a period right? Thats hype!! lol
Appreciate 3
Sara5791.00
King Rudi13154.00
      02-02-2021, 12:27 PM   #7749
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah that's super creepy. I noticed you around the store = I've been watching you from my safe hiding space.
Exactly!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 12:39 PM   #7750
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Two quick stories, a bad and a good. Apologies in advance - the bad story is long but trust me - it's all true.

The bad:
When I was in college in Florida, I started a math class and sat next to the prettiest girl I could find; she could have been a model. By the third class, I asked her out. I picked her up at her very nice condo and saw a Mercedes in the driveway (did not know she was well off). Started the night at TGI Fridays and it was Happy Hour. She immediately ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and got two since it was HH. Since I was driving, I took it easy on the hootch...

We bar hopped, and this girl was pounding the hard stuff. She must have weighed all of 100 lbs. so she was getting lit up pretty good. Finally around 1:30 a.m., she's trashed and told me to take her home. We're on A1A which runs along the ocean, when she suddenly tells me to pull over. I find an empty lot of a patio bar right on the ocean (it was a weekday and it was already closed).

She gets out of my car and starts running towards the ocean - remember it's near 2 a.m. and now a severe thunderstorm is rolling in: driving rain, thunder, lightning, etc. At first it's almost comical because she's running through the sand all drunk so she's really wobbly, but in the next few seconds there wasn't anything funny about what was about to happen at all.

She never stopped and ran straight into the crashing waves, and because of the storm they're very large. I can barely see because of the darkness and rain. She goes under, and I panic. I charge into the surf, desperately looking for her. Finally I see her about 15 feet down from where I was, and she was struggling.

I quickly pull her up onto the beach, where she immediately started to try and punch me, and yelling "Leave me alone - let me die!" I'm completely taken aback - like "What the hell is going on here???" She then starts telling me her father abused her and she just can't go on. I finally calm her down and take her back to my car.

But I went head first into the water earlier and got completely soaked, so I find out my remote won't work to unlock the car and turn off the alarm...I open the door and of course the siren starts wailing. I crouch down to try and find the fuse to undo the alarm when I hear her yelling at someone: "What the F do you want - don't you have anything better to do?" Great, I think to myself - I'm about to get my ass kicked by a biker gang or something, as I look up....

No such luck. It was two police patrol cars. Naturally they ask me to step away from my car. They brought us up to the patio to get out of the storm and separated us, and asked us questions about what was going on. Then at one point, - the officer that was questioning her came over to me and called me an asshole. I'm like "What do you mean?" He says he knows what I was trying to do - she was underage and I was there to take advantage of her. WHAT?!!?? I explained she produced a driver's license for all her drinks that night and I had no idea she was underage! After another round of questioning, they settle on my version of the truth.

Then they tell me she is suicidal and can't release her into my custody, so they call an ambulance and whisk her away. I then go home, all wet and covered in sand, around 4 a.m.

Next day, I'm cleaning out my car...my phone rings. It's her. First thing she says to me: "Hey can you believe those asshole cops? They took me to the hospital." So I ask her out on a second date....KIDDING. I tell her she tried to kill herself and that she needed serious help. I never saw her in class again.

The good story (much shorter):
I met a girl at work who so captivated me that I married her 2.5 years later. She's 100% Italian and keeps me in line, believe me. We've been married for 25 years now, going strong.

Since we're talking about pictures of ourselves, here are a couple of us. I'm the clean cut kind of guy - these were taken about 2 years ago. Edit: photos removed

Last edited by BMWGUYinCO; 02-02-2021 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 5
Sara5791.00
Lady Jane70873.00
rebekahb3132.50
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:39 PM   #7751
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Think you meant to put an exclamation after that sentence and not a period right? Thats hype!! lol
Some of them are quite attractive, but relationships with clients are a huge no-no from my company's perspective for obvious reasons, so I'd rather not get fired.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
JP102465.00
      02-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #7752
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:

Oops.

Why you gotta throw the word "mom" in there like it's a bad thing!
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:43 PM   #7753
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Why you gotta throw the word "mom" in there like it's a bad thing!
Haha the fact that they are moms doesn't bother me, it's more about the significant age gap and the risk of getting fired for banging clients.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:44 PM   #7754
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
Two quick stories, a bad and a good. Apologies in advance - the bad story is long but trust me - it's all true.

The bad:
When I was in college in Florida, I started a math class and sat next to the prettiest girl I could find; she could have been a model. By the third class, I asked her out. I picked her up at her very nice condo and saw a Mercedes in the driveway (did not know she was well off). Started the night at TGI Fridays and it was Happy Hour. She immediately ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and got two since it was HH. Since I was driving, I took it easy on the hootch...

We bar hopped, and this girl was pounding the hard stuff. She must have weighed all of 100 lbs. so she was getting lit up pretty good. Finally around 1:30 a.m., she's trashed and told me to take her home. We're on A1A which runs along the ocean, when she suddenly tells me to pull over. I find an empty lot of a patio bar right on the ocean (it was a weekday and it was already closed).

She gets out of my car and starts running towards the ocean - remember it's near 2 a.m. and now a severe thunderstorm is rolling in: driving rain, thunder, lightning, etc. At first it's almost comical because she's running through the sand all drunk so she's really wobbly, but in the next few seconds there wasn't anything funny about what was about to happen at all.

She never stopped and ran straight into the crashing waves, and because of the storm they're very large. I can barely see because of the darkness and rain. She goes under, and I panic. I charge into the surf, desperately looking for her. Finally I see her about 15 feet down from where I was, and she was struggling.

I quickly pull her up onto the beach, where she immediately started to try and punch me, and yelling "Leave me alone - let me die!" I'm completely taken aback - like "What the hell is going on here???" She then starts telling me her father abused her and she just can't go on. I finally calm her down and take her back to my car.

But I went head first into the water earlier and got completely soaked, so I find out my remote won't work to unlock the car and turn off the alarm...I open the door and of course the siren starts wailing. I crouch down to try and find the fuse to undo the alarm when I hear her yelling at someone: "What the F do you want - don't you have anything better to do?" Great, I think to myself - I'm about to get my ass kicked by a biker gang or something, as I look up....

No such luck. It was two police patrol cars. Naturally they ask me to step away from my car. They brought us up to the patio to get out of the storm and separated us, and asked us questions about what was going on. Then at one point, - the officer that was questioning her came over to me and called me an asshole. I'm like "What do you mean?" He says he knows what I was trying to do - she was underage and I was there to take advantage of her. WHAT?!!?? I explained she produced a driver's license for all her drinks that night and I had no idea she was underage! After another round of questioning, they settle on my version of the truth.

Then they tell me she is suicidal and can't release her into my custody, so they call an ambulance and whisk her away. I then go home, all wet and covered in sand, around 4 a.m.

Next day, I'm cleaning out my car...my phone rings. It's her. First thing she says to me: "Hey can you believe those asshole cops? They took me to the hospital." So I ask her out on a second date....KIDDING. I tell her she tried to kill herself and that she needed serious help. I never saw her in class again.

I met a girl at work who so captivated me that I married her 2.5 years later. She's 100% Italian and keeps me in line, believe me. We've been married for 25 years now, going strong.

Since we're talking about pictures of ourselves, here are a couple of us. I'm the clean cut kind of guy - these were taken about 2 years ago.

Thats a HELL of a story. Damn.

Congratulations on 25 years! That's amazing. You both look great together! She is BEAUTIFUL. Here's to another 25!
Appreciate 2
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:46 PM   #7755
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Haha the fact that they are moms doesn't bother me, it's more about the significant age gap and the risk of getting fired for banging clients.
What's too old for you? I'm generally curious.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:49 PM   #7756
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

The bad:

Since we're talking about pictures of ourselves, here are a couple of us. I'm the clean cut kind of guy - these were taken about 2 years ago.
Terrifying initial story.
Awesome ending!! You and your bride are a very attractive couple. (No Ghey)
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
      02-02-2021, 12:51 PM   #7757
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Some of them are quite attractive, but relationships with clients are a huge no-no from my company's perspective for obvious reasons, so I'd rather not get fired.
Same in pharma/biotech.

When I was a field manager I stopped riding with all reps and just followed them in my car from place to place to completely de-risk my interactions. There were a few incidents in other companies were reps claimed sexual harassment and I wanted nothing to do with it!!

Last edited by MKSixer; 02-02-2021 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 2
      02-02-2021, 12:52 PM   #7758
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What's too old for you? I'm generally curious.
I'm 30, so when a woman as old as my mom is hitting on me it's a bit uncomfortable.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:53 PM   #7759
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Same in pharma/biotech.

When I was a field manager I stopped riding with all reps and just followed them in my car from place to place to completely de-risk my interactions. There were a few incidents in other companies were reps claimed sexual harassment in those companies and I wanted nothing to do with it!!
Yep, this is exactly why. There were a few people in my company fired for "things not looking right" even though it was questionable if anything actually happened. Don't want to even get close to that kind of situation, it's just not worth it.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #7760
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I'm 30, so when a woman as old as my mom is hitting on me it's a bit uncomfortable.
Hahaha, I know the feeling. I used to hang out with my plastic surgeon, who is hot as shit, but I just cant get past the age gap mentally. He's one year younger than my mom. So a 22 year age gap. I just can't do it. Which sucks because he's such an awesome, successful, good looking, sweet, guy.
Appreciate 3
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:58 PM   #7761
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Hahaha, I know the feeling. I used to hang out with my plastic surgeon, who is hot as shit, but I just cant get past the age gap mentally. He's one year younger than my mom. So a 22 year age gap. I just can't do it. Which sucks because he's such an awesome, successful, good looking, sweet, guy.
I guess I should mention my wife is 8 years younger than me, but mentally she's WAY more mature than I am! So it balances out.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      02-02-2021, 12:58 PM   #7762
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
There is a 16 year gap between myself and my gf. The youngest I ever went out with was a 21 year age gap. I couldn't handle it as she was closer to my daughter's age than mine. I broke it off after the 3rd date.

We loved hitting the rooftop bars in NOLA. Good times.
Appreciate 1
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
      02-02-2021, 01:02 PM   #7763
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I guess I should mention my wife is 8 years younger than me, but mentally she's WAY more mature than I am! So it balances out.
Guy I'm talking to right now is 8.5 years older than me. I'd say that's a normal age range. 10 years older or 6 months younger than me, I would date.

Last edited by Sara; 02-02-2021 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34184.50
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
Lady Jane70873.00
      02-02-2021, 01:09 PM   #7764
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Non-smoker. No hair style done by Dairy Queen®. Well attired but no skinny jeans if you're over 40. Able to carry-out an intelligent conversation. Can look me in the eyes instead of my boobs. Bonus point if you have a motorcycle.

And yes I pay my own way. No strings attached. Unless I say so.
Interesting. I'm a smoker, we are a dying breed though. It's more of a rarity to see people smoking these days. I am a smoker's smoker though. Cigars, cigarettes, pipes, etc. I'd say we are pretty much on point with everything else aside from the motorcycle. I'm a danger to myself as it is, I'd prefer not to be danger to everyone around me as well. I just know how much I like speed; owning a motorcycle would only accentuate this....and lessen my life span.

Good list though. Not disappointed that I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Crunch View Post
I would be interested to see how other people chat it up out of pure curiosity. My way is working out well enough for me, but I know there is more than one way to do things and, to be honest, I have zero idea how other people do it, so maybe there are things that I like that I could incorporate.
This thread is a great start to see how others do things. Start at page 1. Lots of good stuff contained herein.
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2021, 01:35 PM   #7765
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Interesting. I'm a smoker, we are a dying breed though. It's more of a rarity to see people smoking these days. I am a smoker's smoker though. Cigars, cigarettes, pipes, etc. I'd say we are pretty much on point with everything else aside from the motorcycle. I'm a danger to myself as it is, I'd prefer not to be danger to everyone around me as well. I just know how much I like speed; owning a motorcycle would only accentuate this....and lessen my life span.

Good list though. Not disappointed that I asked.

This thread is a great start to see how others do things. Start at page 1. Lots of good stuff contained herein.
Yeah... I give myself 3 days before someone is scraping me from the asphalt.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-02-2021, 01:47 PM   #7766
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Really? Would you show me a photo of you with and without? I find guys so much more attractive clean shaven.
Terrible photos, including one berated mirror selfie as defined as a no no in this thread. Trust it went to the audience of ONE prior to posting here...

First photo is wedding party last summer, lighting not the greatest but middle is me.

Second, mirror terror.

Third, with a group at a work trip in Hawaii.

Last edited by fiveohwblow; 02-02-2021 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34184.50
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
Lady Jane70873.00