BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Post pic of cell phone holder

06-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #23
GX
Rep
Drives: 2021 X1 2022 X2 2023X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Considering the amount of custom work you see in this forum, folks have no issue deciding what is best for them.

However the component I'm discussing is a simple plastic or metal part that you pull the console power tray, unscrew the 2 screws in teh old bracket and put the new part in, there is no wiring, and I'm sure from a technical standpoint you would void the warranty on that charger.

When someone says "it would void the warranty" it's important to realize that you are voiding the warranty only for items that are directly related to or dependent on the item you modified, modifying the phone carrier does not void the warranty on the engine, the driveline, or the vehicle itself.

The issue is if you do something like modify an engine component, that can be far reaching, increasing boost can bring forth many components touched by that change.

Swapping a small 2.5" long piece of plastic does not void a warranty on more than the charging tray itself.
Thanks. Great advice....now to look for the part I need
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 01:45 PM   #24
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 orange x2 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Thanks. Great advice....now to look for the part I need
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3819314
That's what I used after tracking it down backwards through the various forum threads.

I do wish someone would make a CNC aluminum version, but the plastic one has worked ok over the past 2 years.
Appreciate 1
chowser512025.00
      06-09-2021, 08:41 PM   #25
X1604M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018, F48 28i

Garage List
2018 BMW X1 F48  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1604M View Post
iottie wireless charger. It fits my iPhone 12 pro Max.
I have the same but with the suction mount. How did you install it, my dash has the brushed metal trim and the suction wont work.
I bought the one with dash mount. But the iottie dash mount is not as good as the other dash mount I have used. I just tried to find the mount as u see in one of the attached photos and swap the mount with iottie . They are easy to find on Amazon or local stores. They never came off the vent you put onto. Another reason I like dash mount is the air flow keeps the charger and phone cool. Hope this helps you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0