BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions Increasing Private Messages Quota

01-25-2020, 04:58 PM   #1
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Increasing Private Messages Quota

I am about to run out of my 220 private messages quota and I don't want to delete any of the prior ones as they contain valuable context and information from the past.

How does one get additional messages quota on this site?

I am happy to pay membership fee to do so. I've tried contacting the site admins through "Contact Us" several times with zero responses -- it should be uncommon for people to not respond someone stating "I'll pay you money for more message quota", yet here we are.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I am about to run out of my 220 private messages quota and I don't want to delete any of the prior ones as they contain valuable context and information from the past.

How does one get additional messages quota on this site?

I am happy to pay membership fee to do so. I've tried contacting the site admins through "Contact Us" several times with zero responses -- it should be uncommon for people to not respond someone stating "I'll pay you money for more message quota", yet here we are.

Any ideas?
Can you cut and past the important information/messages into another format/location so you can save them? The other thing is, if they are important do you want to rely on this forum to save them?
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2020, 05:09 PM   #3
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Can you cut and past the important information/messages into another format/location so you can save them? The other thing is, if they are important do you want to rely on this forum to save them?
Thanks for the quick comments. I am not going to sit and copy/paste/thread-organize 200 messages, life's too short. If there was a facility to download them all in threads in bulk, I'd use that, but I don't believe there is such a facility, happy to be told otherwise. They've not important enough in the sense that I have what I need for myself offline and my life won't be severely impacted by their loss, but in the context of interacting and helping people on the forum, with their specific forum names and context, I want my forum PMs on the forum.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2020, 06:16 PM   #4
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

On the private messages page, go to the bottom right corner on desktop web site and download all messages in your preferred format. Problem solved.
Appreciate 4
SD ///M42992.00
LexxM31697.50
VMRWheels2037.00
      01-26-2020, 06:30 PM   #5
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
On the private messages page, go to the bottom right corner on desktop web site and download all messages in your preferred format. Problem solved.
Awesome! I've never noticed that option before! I find myself having to delete older messages periodically, now I can download everything and get back to zero!

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 07:14 PM   #6
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
That's very helpful, thank you, sincerely! I now have a backup of my emails and even in multiple searchable forms, awesome!

However, it doesn't solve "the problem" since the problem posed in this thread is rather "How to get more message quota?". Admins aren't responding to anything around here, even when being offered money -- not to posts, not to Contact Us, not to direct PMs (my PM to Jason is still unread according to read receipts).
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 09:16 PM   #7
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
That's very helpful, thank you, sincerely! I now have a backup of my emails and even in multiple searchable forms, awesome!

However, it doesn't solve "the problem" since the problem posed in this thread is rather "How to get more message quota?". Admins aren't responding to anything around here, even when being offered money -- not to posts, not to Contact Us, not to direct PMs (my PM to Jason is still unread according to read receipts).
I also wish they had a paid subscription system where you get, say, 5000 PMs. Charge me $5 a month and I'd be happy to pay
Appreciate 0