BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

03-02-2020, 09:48 AM   #5941
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
There are a lot of self absorbed people out there. It doesn't even have to be anything race specific, but I've met a lot of people who didn't give a shit about anyone else. From treating waiters like servants to just walking around like they own the place making other people move out of the way.
Yeah, an entitled attitude would be a big turn-off for me. Or self-centered or narcissistic personality traits. These people don't form partnerships; they just suck as much energy out of everyone they can.
      03-02-2020, 09:51 AM   #5942
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
It's important to me to spend some time around someone to watch how they react to different situations, to see how they handle themselves. And to hear what they have to say about it afterwards. People can make claims and declarations about themselves, but how they act and how they treat people - including me - is what's real. I pay special attention to how someone treats people of lower perceived status than them, and people who they have nothing to gain from. My date the other day was really warm and friendly with the young man of color behind the counter at the deli we had lunch at. I was impressed. That speaks to their character. When someone claims to be kind and generous, and then treats the wait staff at a restaurant like shit, doesn't make eye contact with the server...yeah, we're done here.

Sounds like you got some good information there. Nice catch!
Thanks, my friend. She appears to be a good catch, thus far.

My mom waited tables when she was a young lady and my daughter did, as well. Like you, I always pay particularly close attention to these interactions. If someone treats the staff like crap, it's at least a talk and can go as high as a walk out for me. Non-negotiable.

I'm glad you're having success on your end! Great job!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
nyalpine907425.00
Rmtt8208.00
      03-02-2020, 10:05 AM   #5943
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
You'd be surprised, there are still people who will treat others like garbage based on that.
No, I wouldn't be. I'm well aware. Skin should have been left out of this particular story IMO. Maybe you just didn't post some back story?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #5944
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
No, I wouldn't be. I'm well aware. Skin should have been left out of this particular story IMO. Maybe you just didn't post some back story?
I included it in the story because I thought it relevant. And it is, after all, my story.
      03-02-2020, 10:08 AM   #5945
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Not necessarily. You don't know what experiences he's had in the past. I know it's your opinion but perhaps it is still relevant to him.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #5946
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Not necessarily. You don't know what experiences he's had in the past. I know it's your opinion but perhaps it is still relevant to him.
I've been witness to white people treating POC differently. Not badly, but differently. It made me aware that skin color was something significant to them and which governed how they interacted with people. That's disappointing. Not someone I could develop a lot of respect for.
      03-02-2020, 01:04 PM   #5947
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear this. I've worked with this organization professionally and they have good tools. Have you tried to get her into any clinical trials?

https://migraineresearchfoundation.org
Will definitely look into it. Only problem is what I mentioned early about the reaction. For some reason, her immune system is really crazy now.
      03-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #5948
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's why I then said maybe we're missing some backstory
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      03-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #5949
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
But she is a contributing member of society is the point. That's my whole issue.

I also don't understand how a person can have little to no drive or ambition.
No shots at you with anything I posted.

My only opinion is that most Chronic Migraine Sufferers are always dealing with pain. Some days it's worse than others, but living with it and your tolerance to it plays a big part. So you have a lot of people that push through and do what they have to.

When my wife has a bad one, she can't function at all. Even trying to think is hard. And if someone is legitimately having those 10+ times a month, they can't contribute much.

As bad as it sounds...I wouldn't be able to employee my wife as I wouldn't be able to depend on her in a facility like ours.

But others like the one you posted about who are working a side job "under the table" in my opinion aren't true Chronic sufferers.....and are taking advantage of the condition.
      03-02-2020, 01:13 PM   #5950
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
No shots at you with anything I posted.

My only opinion is that most Chronic Migraine Sufferers are always dealing with pain. Some days it's worse than others, but living with it and your tolerance to it plays a big part. So you have a lot of people that push through and do what they have to.

When my wife has a bad one, she can't function at all. Even trying to think is hard. And if someone is legitimately having those 10+ times a month, they can't contribute much.

As bad as it sounds...I wouldn't be able to employee my wife as I wouldn't be able to depend on her in a facility like ours.

But others like the one you posted about who are working a side job "under the table" in my opinion aren't true Chronic sufferers.....and are taking advantage of the condition.
I didn't think you were taking shots at me. I agree that she seems to be abusing the system.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8208.00
      03-02-2020, 10:56 PM   #5951
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
I had a fun meet-and-greet with a gal I met on Zoosk. She's pretty accomplished (has a PharmD, the PhD of pharmacy) and works for a pharmaceutical company, serving as a consultant to medical professionals. Somewhat funny, very smart, very fit, and I'd call her a strong 7.5. We have plans for dinner next weekend. I'll keep you posted.
Ayeeee very nice!!! Found a good catch I see! Keep us informed about second date. What y'all thinking, just dinner again? 7.5 with a good personality, good job, funny fit and smart..... sounds like a winner brother!
Appreciate 2
      03-03-2020, 08:02 AM   #5952
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Two more gems from last night. Not sure why the POF one decided to be such an ahole.

After I said the last "Amazing" to the Bumble one, I immediately unmatched her.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Dang3r12508.50
      03-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #5953
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Two more gems from last night. Not sure why the POF one decided to be such an ahole.

After I said the last "Amazing" to the Bumble one, I immediately unmatched her.
The second one.

The first one I think you were a bit harsh. I understand where you are coming from, but you had that one won over from the start with the snarky intro. Shes doing nothing, AKA waiting for you to come over and show her a good time. I also find most people (including myself) have very little "material" to say to someone they've never met, since they have zero knowledge about their personality. Most who know me in person would say I'm funny, but that's because I develop a deeper understanding of what they like and what makes them laugh. The first thing I say to someone I know nothing about is usually just garbage.

There's a lady at one of the buildings I frequent for work who is a receptionist. Our first meeting she probably thought I was quiet, polite, etc. I got to know her a bit, and now I literally make her laugh every time I come in with witty one liners.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34173.50
      03-03-2020, 08:12 AM   #5954
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The second one.

The first one I think you were a bit harsh. I understand where you are coming from, but you had that one won over from the start with the snarky intro. Shes doing nothing, AKA waiting for you to come over and show her a good time. I also find most people (including myself) have very little "material" to say to someone they've never met, since they have zero knowledge about their personality. Most who know me in person would say I'm funny, but that's because I develop a deeper understanding of what they like and what makes them laugh. The first thing I say to someone I know nothing about is usually just garbage.

There's a lady at one of the buildings I frequent for work who is a receptionist. Our first meeting she probably thought I was quiet, polite, etc. I got to know her a bit, and now I literally make her laugh every time I come in with witty one liners.
Intro was not snarky. Same one I send to everyone. She talked shit about my age, not my intro. I guess I'm dead b/c I'm 38?
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 08:23 AM   #5955
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Intro was not snarky. Same one I send to everyone. She talked shit about my age, not my intro. I guess I'm dead b/c I'm 38?
first one, you replied twice with amazing lol
douchebag status, like u got interesting life

2nd one deserves a donkey punch
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
      03-03-2020, 08:27 AM   #5956
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
first one, you replied twice with amazing lol
douchebag status, like u got interesting life

2nd one deserves a donkey punch
More interesting than that boring cunt
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:27 AM   #5957
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Whats baffling me...the nearly identical intro with the time outside of meeting?
Has this platform pre-modulated speeches to use as intro for a chat?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:28 AM   #5958
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
More interesting than that boring cunt

first chick was DTF on 1st date, i bet!
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34173.50
King Rudi13154.00
      03-03-2020, 08:31 AM   #5959
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The second one.

I use humor a lot too. Helps both people relax into the date and not be so guarded. I usually break the ice with my joke about how you make a dog stop humping your leg, and go from there.
      03-03-2020, 08:33 AM   #5960
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post

first chick was DTF on 1st date, i bet!
Well, if you saw her, you'd understand why. She was not a looker. Pass!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:34 AM   #5961
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Whats baffling me...the nearly identical intro with the time outside of meeting?
Has this platform pre-modulated speeches to use as intro for a chat?
That's just my go to intro created by yours truly. It works well. Nothing will work 100% of the time, obviously.
Appreciate 2
Dang3r12508.50
      03-03-2020, 08:38 AM   #5962
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:
break the ice with my joke about how you make a dog stop humping your leg,

Am I the only one that wants to hear the joke????
Appreciate 2