BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-22-2008, 08:09 AM   #23
mattm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Maybe Larry will lend his car to us as the sacrificial lamb. :smile:

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #24
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Thanks Beth, and mucho congrats on the jacket!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #25
RedTRex
Digital Cerebrum
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 330ci ZHP

Garage List
2005 BMW 330ci  [0.00]
Congrats Beth! I love the Hotchkis bar on mine ..... although as I discussed with Erik I think their customer service sucks.

..... how come Erik didn't run the 135 also?

Matt,
Curious about your setup.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #26
mattm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTRex View Post
Matt, Curious about your setup.
Ask Beth and Erik. It is their car. I was the hired gun (they should ask for their money back :biggrin.

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #27
Rx7cat
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Congrats Beth! I love the Hotchkis bar on mine ..... although as I discussed with Erik I think their customer service sucks.

..... how come Erik didn't run the 135 also?
Yeah, their CS could be better, at the last minute Bob Tunnell was trying to set up Vic Michaels 135 and Hotchkiss refused to sell them a bar because they didn't have the packaging for it

Erik didn't run the 135 because the Rx7 is more fun:wink:, I had planned on driving my car,(Rx7), for the Solo 2 as well, but I had not driven it since it broke in June, and it's a real handful on a slick site like HPT. I ran both cars at the test and tune and was way off my normal pace in the SM2 car, I was just not trusting it, so I opted to run the 135.

Quote:
Matt,
Curious about your setup.
See page one, all info on the current set up is there.
:smile:
Big thanks to all who have congratulated me.
05 AMG SLK 350
87 Honda CRX Si..prepared class project
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #28
RedTRex
Digital Cerebrum
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 330ci ZHP

Garage List
2005 BMW 330ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
Ask Beth and Erik. It is their car. I was the hired gun (they should ask for their money back :biggrin.
Oh, guess I didn't pay attention ........ thought you ran your own.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #29
Spec Volcanic
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx7cat View Post
Hi Dave:smile:
To Spec Volcano, no I don't mind sharing, just keep in mind this is what we have now. I would give the car an overall rating of 8 out of 10, it's fairly good, but it's just not quite right. In another few months we should have better data.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 06:21 PM   #30
gotcone.com
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

Next year DS will be a lot different, lots of changes in the class, no more Type R (gone to BS) and a lot of other cars moving out of DS. The 1 should be very very competitive next year in DS, it will also be eligible for STU and I think it could be competitive there if set up properly...

I took some photos at Nationals...

Full gallery: http://gotcone.com/pgallery/?level=collection&id=12

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #31
Rx7cat
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotcone.com View Post
Next year DS will be a lot different, lots of changes in the class, no more Type R (gone to BS) and a lot of other cars moving out of DS. The 1 should be very very competitive next year in DS, it will also be eligible for STU and I think it could be competitive there if set up properly...
Don't get too excited yet.. The proposal to move the ITR to BS and that to move a bunch of DS cars down to GS, (Cobalt, etc), was not supposed to be sent to the BOD for approval as the SEB is not yet finished deliberating on it. The SEB is continuing to work on this proposal, and already published a retraction on a few forums.
Based on Nationals results DS looks pretty healthy right now with several good cars for the class. (including ITR, Cobalt and 135).
The 135 does look like a really good candidate for STU:biggrin:, wish I didn't love my Hoosiers so much.
05 AMG SLK 350
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #32
gotcone.com
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

From what I understood it was official: http://scca.org/documents/Fastrack/0...strack-oct.pdf
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #33
Rx7cat
Rep
Drives:

From SCCA Forums, posted 9/23
"Before everyone's blood pressure spikes and we've got a bunch of heart attacks, I'll state there are a few (maybe more than a few) mistakes in what got passed to the BOD for approval. Certainly, if you previously saw in the Solo section of the FT that something was being passed to the BOD for approval, than it is probably correct. A few things (items 8 & 9 jump out at me) were not yet SEB approved and got mistakenly passed on for BOD approval.
This is not to say those items won't ultimately get passed on for approval, but we were waiting until after Nationals to get more data and make some final decisions. There are a bunch of teleconferences this week to discuss these things. All I can say at this point is those, and perhaps a few other things were not approved. So, please hang tight and watch for some sort of correction on what should have been passed to the BOD for approval. The SEB and committeess will be working hard to get the correct information out there ASAP.
Sorry for the panic!
-Steve Wynveen SCCA SEB"

From SCCA Forums posted 9/23

"I'll type slowly so everyone can read it...
Items 8 and 9 in the stock portion of the Oct FT were erroneous. I don't know if we accidentally sent them, or if they accidentally got in the briefing book, or if they just accidentally got in the board minutes. Expect some type of retraction/change/update shortly. I'm not sure of the details of how that will happen, but it is silly to think that if the BoD got something by accident and passed it, they would just let it stand.
I repeat, items 8 and 9 are in error. Period.
MaS makes some good points about stock in general, and I'm sure they will be considered as the SEB and SAC looks towards the future in stock classing.
DaveW
Midiv SEB"

I also have an SEB member living in my house, (Erik Strelnieks, SW Div), so I can tell you for sure that those items were posted in error at this time. (I cannot tell you if they will pass in the future, but at this point it is an error).
:smile:
05 AMG SLK 350
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #34
SumAznGuy
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Here are some video's that I took from the east course.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=75824545407

Appreciate 0