BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

03-17-2021, 11:23 PM   #8427
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Dude no he did not say that at all

How is asking if someone has Spotify being demanding I don't understand maybe I missed something glancing over the last few pages. Just give them your phone and tell them to take care of it making a playlist shouldn't trouble anyone this much.
Ah - such a cute millennial Pickle - I don't have Spotify. I do not have my phone connected to the home entertainment system other than having the Savant app to control it. There is no fast forward on the Jukebox, nor on the TuneIn app on Savant we used to listen to the radio. There is no "pick a song nor playlist" app on the audio system. The sources are fixed and hard wired to the back of the receiver.

But that isn't and wasn't my point. I don't go to someone's house and say "oh - I don't like this music - change it". "Turn that light off - it's too bright". "Can you shut your dog in your room - he barks too much". And if you ever came to visit me I hope you wouldn't behave that way either. I have respect for other people and their choices and preferences. If you choose to smoke inside your house, I'd respect that until the point where I have to excuse myself to go outside and breathe - I won't tell you "don't smoke inside - I hate smoke". I might ask "hey - could we go outside while you smoke as I'm allergic to it" but I won't make demands. There's a line between being respectful and "can we turn the music down a bit - it's hurting my ears" and "We need a new source of music as your choices don't suit me".

Quote:
He may have worded it better, sure, but... he kinda has a point. Especially with relationships you get out what you put in. I'm going to sound bipolar after my last post but I had a good few days to think that through. Now that I'm back in IL and she's in CA and it's been barely a day apart I realize how small of an annoyance it was. She's definitely been putting in more than I have and as much as it'd hurt I'd fully understand if I was forced to be alone again.
No - he doesn't have a point. My friends treat me like that because they feel completely free around me, which sadly means they feel they get to be too demanding in my view, but I overlook it because one is recovering from a brain tumor, and one is still recovering from a car accident that saw her get CRPS (look it up), and right now has 4 herniated disks in her back, as well as vertigo, endometriosis, and tinnitus. My detailer suffers from narcolepsy, cataplexy, and insomnia to boot. That can fuck people up royally, which is why I give them a lot of leeway.

Quote:
Same goes for your career - you work(ed?) your ass off, and now are living the good life. But I'm sure you know without doing so you wouldn't have a Countach (among many other cars I don't even remember lol). So why shouldn't the same principle apply in dating?
Because my career I had confidence in what I was doing and knew I could succeed. I do not have the same personal confidence, but I'm also burned out. I'm tired and run down. I see how demanding my friends are and wonder "why bother work hard on me to be stuck with someone like that". For all I know all women are like that in the US. But because I brought up how these 2 friends treated me, I get told I don't deserve any better.

What do you think Pickle? Even if I don't go work out, lose 100 lbs, and dress better - do you think I "don't deserve any better" or was it just an asshole thing to say?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 11:48 PM   #8428
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post

Because my career I had confidence in what I was doing and knew I could succeed. I do not have the same personal confidence, but I'm also burned out. I'm tired and run down. I see how demanding my friends are and wonder "why bother work hard on me to be stuck with someone like that". For all I know all women are like that in the US. But because I brought up how these 2 friends treated me, I get told I don't deserve any better.

What do you think Pickle? Even if I don't go work out, lose 100 lbs, and dress better - do you think I "don't deserve any better" or was it just an asshole thing to say?
You're totally taking it out of context and putting more into it than what he meant. He(JP10, I saw his whole post also) was saying you don't deserve better IF you are not putting in the work. It all hinged on the IF... IF you're not putting in the work on yourself personally, through a healthy lifestyle and whatever else and by the way you present yourself(in your own words you haven't done much upkeep on your appearance or worked on improving it(yet as you have said) then you're not going to get/obtain out of it what you are seeking.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2021, 12:01 AM   #8429
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
You're totally taking it out of context and putting more into it than what he meant. He(JP10, I saw his whole post also) was saying you don't deserve better IF you are not putting in the work. It all hinged on the IF... IF you're not putting in the work on yourself personally, through a healthy lifestyle and whatever else and by the way you present yourself(in your own words you haven't done much upkeep on your appearance or worked on improving it(yet as you have said) then you're not going to get/obtain out of it what you are seeking.
You have a very kind way of reading his post. His first words were:

Quote:
I saw MK say you deserve better, but I highly doubt that.
No if there. No ifs buts nor maybes. He straight out said he doesn't think I deserve better. He continues...

Quote:
Those that don't want to put effort into relationships, or even physical appearance to better chances, don't deserve better.
Remember, I was commenting on how my friends treated me, not potential relationship material. Wasn't trying to date them, don't want to date either despite them wanting to date me. Was just my reflecting how friends behaved around me, and expressing that I didn't want to date if that's what women are like.

How did that become me not deserving better?

Funny thing is there's probably 2 groups of people out there looking at each other. Those who work on their appearance and score the hot chick look at those with money and think "you lucky bastard". And those with money look at those with the hot chick and think "you lucky bastard" and neither realizes the sacrifice made to achieve that.

And then there's the other group with money and the hot chick, and she's no doubt looking at the happy women thinking "you lucky bitch".
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 03:57 AM   #8430
lydia381
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1

Oh my worst date immediately ended when he said he didnt like BMW!! dealbreaker #1
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61000.50
      03-18-2021, 06:09 AM   #8431
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Whoa, what the heck happened in here.....
Appreciate 4
vreihen1615482.50
MKSixer34190.50
M5Rick61000.50
      03-18-2021, 07:14 AM   #8432
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

One word - Thunderdome.

But as a spectator, it made for excellent viewing. I diverted a few minutes here and there between COD games last night to check the latest salvo, because I figured it would all be deleted by morning and didn't want to miss out.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 07:32 AM   #8433
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
All I can say is I hope I never meet you, because you're a fucking piece of shit.

What you're basically saying is that because I don't dress nicely I deserve to be treated poorly in my own home.

Fuck you. Fuck you and everything you stand for.
lmao
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2021, 07:37 AM   #8434
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      03-18-2021, 07:58 AM   #8435
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
No one deserves to be treated poorly.

No one deserves to be used.

No one should be ridiculed for their outward appearance.

Life is hard enough on a day-to-day basis without any of the above. Piling onto people is just bad form. Offer constructive criticism or just stay out of it.

If people want to fight, come on over to the racing threads and we can all have a go about Verstappen vs. Sir Lewis!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 10
Tommy-G4500.50
Buug95917866.50
cmyx6go15803.50
King Rudi13157.00
paquet629.50
Sara5812.00
      03-18-2021, 07:59 AM   #8436
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Whoa, what the heck happened in here.....
It's a day that ends in Y. Normal BP shenanigans. That is all.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 08:32 AM   #8437
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
No one deserves to be treated poorly.

No one deserves to be used.

No one should be ridiculed for their outward appearance.

Life is hard enough on a day-to-day basis without any of the above. Piling onto people is just bad form. Offer constructive criticism or just stay out of it.

If people want to fight, come on over to the racing threads and we can all have a go about Verstappen vs. Sir Lewis!!
Oh we will have pleasure in doing battle with you friend as concerns RB vs Merc but difference there is we do watch our P's and Q's
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34190.50
      03-18-2021, 10:46 AM   #8438
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Wait, was anyone DQd?

Make the chili
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #8439
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I don't log in for one day and look what happens.....JuSt LoOk At It!!!

Wow....I don't think I've ever seen the likes of an online bar fight before. I'm almost scared to post anything out of fear of receiving an online punch in the mouth.

Dino, I've got nothing but love for you my man. Seems like most in here are the same. I'm not sure what to say beyond that.

I feel like the light has been cast in a different direction here. Someone should just turn the light off.
Appreciate 5
cmyx6go15803.50
Sara5812.00
MKSixer34190.50
M5Rick61000.50
      03-18-2021, 12:46 PM   #8440
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, was anyone DQd?

Make the chili
No, but I retired early when I remembered not to try fixing people...
Appreciate 2
Lady Jane71702.00
      03-18-2021, 05:54 PM   #8441
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Back on topic..in the Off Topic,.... I have a date, this weekend!

He better not fuck this up.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34190.50
M5Rick61000.50
      03-18-2021, 07:34 PM   #8442
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Ah - such a cute millennial Pickle - I don't have Spotify. I do not have my phone connected to the home entertainment system other than having the Savant app to control it. There is no fast forward on the Jukebox, nor on the TuneIn app on Savant we used to listen to the radio. There is no "pick a song nor playlist" app on the audio system. The sources are fixed and hard wired to the back of the receiver.

But that isn't and wasn't my point. I don't go to someone's house and say "oh - I don't like this music - change it". "Turn that light off - it's too bright". "Can you shut your dog in your room - he barks too much". And if you ever came to visit me I hope you wouldn't behave that way either. I have respect for other people and their choices and preferences. If you choose to smoke inside your house, I'd respect that until the point where I have to excuse myself to go outside and breathe - I won't tell you "don't smoke inside - I hate smoke". I might ask "hey - could we go outside while you smoke as I'm allergic to it" but I won't make demands. There's a line between being respectful and "can we turn the music down a bit - it's hurting my ears" and "We need a new source of music as your choices don't suit me".

No - he doesn't have a point. My friends treat me like that because they feel completely free around me, which sadly means they feel they get to be too demanding in my view, but I overlook it because one is recovering from a brain tumor, and one is still recovering from a car accident that saw her get CRPS (look it up), and right now has 4 herniated disks in her back, as well as vertigo, endometriosis, and tinnitus. My detailer suffers from narcolepsy, cataplexy, and insomnia to boot. That can fuck people up royally, which is why I give them a lot of leeway.

Okay I see what you mean - I wouldn't make a fuss about the lights or the music. I wouldn't explicitly say lock your dog in the room but if your dog is annoying we'll only meet up without him/her (I just don't like dogs that much)

And right there's a way to say/do all the things you've said it's all about the tone. None of us were there so it's hard to comment. Your first post came off as if they were demanding rather than requesting.

There are lots of women who are stuck up and self-absorbed, there's a very solid reason I've "outsourced" my girlfriend from another state. But in terms of demanding friends I'm going to have to disagree with you solely on the basis of there are people who can be good friends who aren't demanding whatsoever. I also don't think it's really "right" to generalize in that way, just because Kraft mac and cheese is shit doesn't mean all mac and cheese are shit. I love it when it's baked in the oven.

Lastly: Deserve isn't the right word imo. But I understand his point to an extent. None of us here obviously can know the depth of your friendship with the persons recovering from a brain tumor or a horrible car accident. I personally wouldn't take care of anyone except my 3 closest friends, the guys who are basically family to me. One time I remember my dad needed something and I asked him to go help him out - for him anything goes. For most anyone other than that? I probably wouldn't go to the depths you've gone. I doubt many others would, either.

I want to be an optimist and assume that's kind of where he was coming from. Without knowing you guys' friendship it comes off as a wealthy dude being taken advantage of. So when you combine all of your external things (not working out, 100lb, dressing up etc), throw in the mix that it comes off as you're being taken for a ride, it's not hard to make the link and make a judgement on the things we 1- know (only through a forum), 2- can judge.

tldr: I don't think you don't "deserve any better". I understand you're tired and burnt out, I'm in a similar way with my career. I've decided to suck up my current job for a year or so before I start jumping around even though during my internship I had made my mind up I was done with the company. But I also know the more I don't do anything about it and talk about how much it sucks I'd understand if those not close to me could see me just complain with no efforts being made towards bettering my career.
Appreciate 3
JP102465.00
      03-18-2021, 07:36 PM   #8443
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Back on topic..in the Off Topic,.... I have a date, this weekend!

He better not fuck this up.
Is he planning it or you? Do you need an escape plan?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 07:44 PM   #8444
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Is he planning it or you? Do you need an escape plan?
I don’t plan shit *insert queen emoji* first dates are for men to plan

And yes, if he’s anything like FB, I will just leave
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34190.50
M5Rick61000.50
      03-20-2021, 10:34 AM   #8445
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Where the heck did everyone go? I have a date and suddenly everyone disappears for days...

I guess we do have actual lives to live.

Side note: Does anyone have a Dyson? I'm at a loss. I have a 3 yr old Dyson Ball Animal. It just lost the sucking power today barely 2 minutes into vacuuming my living room. I just had cleaned it out thoroughly and started vacuuming. Google says it's either full (not my case) or overheating, again not applicable to me since I just started vacuuming when it lost power. The brushes at the bottom still spin though. I don't want to spend X amount of minutes on the phone with customer service and I doubt they will speak with me if it's out of warranty.

Advice anyone? I am NOT a handywoman and obviously can't figure this out. Instead of just buying a new one tomorrow, I'd rather try to save money and see if anyone here knows a fix.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34190.50
M5Rick61000.50
      03-20-2021, 10:38 AM   #8446
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
I don't have a Dyson - how was the date last night?
Or is it tonight; do you know what you guys will be up to? Give us deets!!
Appreciate 1
Sara5812.00
      03-20-2021, 10:44 AM   #8447
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Where the heck did everyone go? I have a date and suddenly everyone disappears for days...

I guess we do have actual lives to live.

Side note: Does anyone have a Dyson? I'm at a loss. I have a 3 yr old Dyson Ball Animal. It just lost the sucking power today barely 2 minutes into vacuuming my living room. I just had cleaned it out thoroughly and started vacuuming. Google says it's either full (not my case) or overheating, again not applicable to me since I just started vacuuming when it lost power. The brushes at the bottom still spin though. I don't want to spend X amount of minutes on the phone with customer service and I doubt they will speak with me if it's out of warranty.

Advice anyone? I am NOT a handywoman and obviously can't figure this out. Instead of just buying a new one tomorrow, I'd rather try to save money and see if anyone here knows a fix.
Sorry about the Dyson. Customer Service or YouTube videos.

Quote:
This. We want the details!!!
Appreciate 1
Sara5812.00
      03-20-2021, 10:55 AM   #8448
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It's tonight! For once, I'm nervous and that doesn't happen with me.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34190.50
Lady Jane71702.00
M5Rick61000.50