BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Custom BMW add-on blind spot mirrors

04-22-2020, 10:54 AM   #23
Beagler
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sept 2019 Facelift X1 MSPORT

How do they cope with heated mirrors.
      06-02-2020, 05:34 AM   #24
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
I am a bit late to the party, has anyone got experience on this and can supply an answer?
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 12:13 PM   #25
ventjock
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Haven’t had too many cold days since I put them on (live in the northeast) but they’re holding up good so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 12:31 PM   #26
VWAudi2BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: drei BMWs

Mine are going on 5 months and look like new, working great still!
Sedan
Lots of burbles and POPS
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 10:24 PM   #27
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Tinted Blind spot mirror

Hi Everyone,

I have these on my sports car that has blind spot monitoring because in winter these gadgets don't always work well and I can see my blind spot without doing the shoulder check and check my blind spot with a quick glance. Name:  BMW X1 Driver side.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  527.5 KB

You will have to save the picture and zoom in the picture to see it, I can take a close up tomorrow but this picture works because it also shows you how discreet it is.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 06:54 PM   #28
grumpyguy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
Resurrecting this thread since I'm a new forum member (2021 X1) and wondering if anyone has had any issues with the blind spot mirrors from NxTGEN and the heated side mirrors. I've already ordered mine, hoping there's no problem. Thanks.
      12-29-2020, 10:03 AM   #29
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Not shilling for OP but just wanted to say I've had these for 6 months now and can't imagine the car w/o them.

Coming from a 2017 RAV4, it's still egregious to me this car offered no BSM option - digital or physical...

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #30
Skyline2.0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyguy View Post
Resurrecting this thread since I'm a new forum member (2021 X1) and wondering if anyone has had any issues with the blind spot mirrors from NxTGEN and the heated side mirrors. I've already ordered mine, hoping there's no problem. Thanks.
Welcome to the forums. 10 months and counting and no issues at all. Glass is still crystal clear. Never fell off even with multiple car washes. Mounted on my heated side mirrors on a cold night and had no problems with installation.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #31
grumpyguy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline2.0 View Post
Quote:
Welcome to the forums. 10 months and counting and no issues at all. Glass is still crystal clear. Never fell off even with multiple car washes. Mounted on my heated side mirrors on a cold night and had no problems with installation.
Excellent. Thanks for the feedback.
      12-29-2020, 11:08 AM   #32
grumpyguy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme View Post
Not shilling for OP but just wanted to say I've had these for 6 months now and can't imagine the car w/o them.

Coming from a 2017 RAV4, it's still egregious to me this car offered no BSM option - digital or physical...

Good to hear, thanks.
      12-31-2020, 01:13 AM   #33
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

I bought a cool blue tinted round one at Canadian Tire in Canada. They work great.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 10:35 AM   #34
pfdaxe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAudi2BMW View Post
Hi all,

I originally posted this over in the F30 forums as a 3 series owner. It has gotten a lot of interest and I figured I would post here, as it might be interesting to X1 owners. I posted this in X2 forum and figured I'd share here too. I recently had ax X2 as a loaner during service and I found myself having a bit tougher than average time seeing out of it. I do not have experience with the X1 but these will fit both.

Here is the link to my original post: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1690558

Here is my original post:
Can you PM the website as it doesn't show in thread?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 10:43 AM   #35
grumpyguy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdaxe View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

I originally posted this over in the F30 forums as a 3 series owner. It has gotten a lot of interest and I figured I would post here, as it might be interesting to X1 owners. I posted this in X2 forum and figured I'd share here too. I recently had ax X2 as a loaner during service and I found myself having a bit tougher than average time seeing out of it. I do not have experience with the X1 but these will fit both.

Here is the link to my original post: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1690558

Cheers
This is the website but you can also order them through Amazon. I'm happy with mine.

Edit: looks like I can't include the link. Google nxtgenautomotive.
      02-14-2021, 04:56 PM   #36
tamon77
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdaxe View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers
This is the website but you can also order them through Amazon. I'm happy with mine.

Edit: looks like I can't include the link. Google nxtgenautomotive.
Nice. Glad I found this post. Definitely something to add to the X1 I am planning to purchase
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2021, 05:12 PM   #37
VWAudi2BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: drei BMWs

Sorry everyone, I have not been in here as much and did not respond to a few questions, because our X2 turned into an X5 last summer, as the family grew. The X2 was mostly my wife's car but the blind spot mirrors were awesome and remained perfect the 3 years we had it. I liked them so much I put them on my 4 series convertible, which also had no monitoring. We would love to have them on the X5, so I contacted the company and they are actually finishing up their next version for the X3-X7 SUVs, which we are excited about. You can buy them direct, but I have Amazon prime so I buy as much on there as possible since it's fast shipping at a discount. I believe the X1 and X2 share components like mirrors, so they should be cross compatible between the two. You can always check with the company, but I bought here:

X1: https://www.amazon.com/Blind-Spot-Mi...ef_=ast_sto_dp

X2: https://www.amazon.com/Blind-Spot-Mi...ef_=ast_sto_dp

My other 2 favorite mods, since ours was prior to car-play was the andream unit found here: https://www.android-car-dvd.com/coll...ew-bmcp-nbt01a

I also started with the JB stage 1 piggyback (ours was the 28i), but eventually just went for the full stage 1 tune from BM3 and it was night and day vs stock and a notable boost over the piggyback in the low-mid range, as well as smoothness.

I'll keep lurking if there are any other questions! The 40i tuned in the X5 is very quick, but it is a tank vs the X2... Looking to put a stealth hitch on the X5 and start towing this fall.

- Steve
Sedan
Lots of burbles and POPS
Appreciate 1