BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Bimmercode Adventure

08-08-2020, 05:49 AM   #243
Takabo
Private
Japan
Rep
Drives: G21 320d xDrive Touring MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808X1 View Post
Cool find. Which one did you get and why?
I experienced an error with the "Vgate iCar Pro BLE 4.0" Bluetooth adapter and was worried about the wireless connection. Therefore, we considered using the "ENET cable" used in E-Sys. Just connect the "Lightning to RJ45 Adapter" to your iOS device. I recommend it.

https://bimmercode.app/manual/

BMW 320d xDrive Touring M Sport(G21)
Production Plant: Munich, Production Date: 2021-02-25
Appreciate 2
808X179.50
      08-15-2020, 07:40 PM   #244
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

With a little coding help from ejw2011 in this thread ( https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1628029 ), I was able to transform the useless (USA only!) rear fogs into additional brake lights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 08:25 AM   #245
mycutout
Registered
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i 2019 LCI

Has anyone been able to code the follow me home lights on a F48 2019 LCI so that the lights stay on automatically for x seconds when the car is turned off?

If I pull the high beam lever the lights stay on for x seconds, but I thought it was possible to code so that it happens automatically.

From memory with an older BMW it was something to do with 'heimleuchten' (home glow) but I cannot locate that in my Bimmercode app on the phone in Expert mode.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #246
BillyCuth
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X1

Is this the go-to thread for coding? I'm new to BMWs with modern tech (my only BMW was a 1997 328i) but I heard about all the cool things you can adjust on the modern cars using bimmercode, so naturally I need to do it.

I purchased an enet cable with an adaptor for my iphone... But now I need some guidance on which features to change the most.

Getting rid of the nag screen and auto-folding mirrors are two I definitely want to do.

I'd also like to know if it's possible to code in locking doors when you walk away (my honda Civic had this and it is an extremely handy feature that you kind of miss when it's gone)...
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 02:10 PM   #247
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

*.*

Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 10-16-2020 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2021, 03:45 PM   #248
pfdaxe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Instrument Panel Color

I didn't see it mentioned, but is there a code to keep instrument panel lights white instead of changing to orange/amber when lights turn on? I saw in some markets (outside of US) illuminate white at night.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 02:43 AM   #249
SDriver18i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 s18i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdaxe View Post
I didn't see it mentioned, but is there a code to keep instrument panel lights white instead of changing to orange/amber when lights turn on? I saw in some markets (outside of US) illuminate white at night.
I tried this and it didn't work, reverted back to orange on its own. Give it a go.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1138945
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #250
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCuth View Post
Is this the go-to thread for coding? I'm new to BMWs with modern tech (my only BMW was a 1997 328i) but I heard about all the cool things you can adjust on the modern cars using bimmercode, so naturally I need to do it.

I purchased an enet cable with an adaptor for my iphone... But now I need some guidance on which features to change the most.

Getting rid of the nag screen and auto-folding mirrors are two I definitely want to do.

I'd also like to know if it's possible to code in locking doors when you walk away (my honda Civic had this and it is an extremely handy feature that you kind of miss when it's gone)...
Welcome to the forum, here are a few fun/popular suggestions on what you can code.
- you can change tyre/tire pressure readings to include temperature also, (US & European cars with metal tire valve stems only),
- change stop/start button to remember last setting, so if you switch off it will stay off.
- you can change indicator, to give 1, 3 or 5 blinks, setting increases iDrive menu options (depends on which software release you have),
-if you have top bmw hifi, you can change amp in trunk and enable Harman Kardon, you can now buy HK front window tweeter trims cheap via alib*** and tweeters from fleabay to give cabin an upgraded look,
- finally I suggest you read through this thread, it will have loads of ideas, tips and suggestions.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-05-2021 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 05:59 AM   #251
charliii
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 25d

Radio station covers

Hello everybody, I would like to know if there is any way to watch the covers of FM stations on the iDrive screen of our F48. Like we watch the covers of mp3 music or Spotify on Carplay.
Does anybody know any way to activate it? Any code needed?
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:43 AM   #252
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliii View Post
Hello everybody, I would like to know if there is any way to watch the covers of FM stations on the iDrive screen of our F48. Like we watch the covers of mp3 music or Spotify on Carplay.
Does anybody know any way to activate it? Any code needed?
Thanks in advance.
Broadcast information including album art will appear automatically for dab radio if the broadcaster transmits the content. For FM radio it is my understanding that the data/information is not broadcast so it cannot be received and displayed. I believe the only additional content transmitted by FM radio is a “local traffic information” signal so it will switch station on/off automatically if you choose this function.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:51 AM   #253
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
On f48, via Idrive you should be able to choose white or amber/orange colour for ambient lighting. No other colours are possible on 2019 model as it does not have the led, so coding different colours is not possible.. Once you choose ambient colour (white or orange) via iDrive it should not change (maybe you changed the colour on idrive by accident?).
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 09:36 PM   #254
pfdaxe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
On f48, via Idrive you should be able to choose white or amber/orange colour for ambient lighting. No other colours are possible on 2019 model as it does not have the led, so coding different colours is not possible.. Once you choose ambient colour (white or orange) via iDrive it should not change (maybe you changed the colour on idrive by accident?).
Thanks, but I was talking about the instrument panel lighting, not the ambient lights

Cheers anyway mate (Ex-Pat)

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 06:34 AM   #255
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, but I was talking about the instrument panel lighting, not the ambient lights

Cheers anyway mate (Ex-Pat)

Sorry, again if you open the cluster (instrument panel) you will only see limited led, so coding is not an option.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 01:49 AM   #256
charliii
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 25d

Good morning everybody, hope you all will be fine.
I wonder if there is any way to watch the whole name of songs on iDrive screen, using a code or a setting. Anybody knows?
Here you are a picture of my car, the name of the singer is complete but not the name of the song. I know other cars have a dynamic text showing it all.
Helping will be very much appreciated!!![IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 06:18 AM   #257
Glen e
Retired from BMWNA
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X2 m35i

I just used BimmerCode this past weekend to code my x2m35, it went fine with no problems, I like using the Enet cable and my iPad so I don’t have to worry about data transmission over the air like Bluetooth. Here’s the changes that I finally ended up doing:

- [ ] Auto start stop remember last position from shutdown
- [ ] Restart volume on the audio to 30%
- [ ] Unlock the doors when the car shuts off
- [ ] Automatically fold the mirrors as soon as I lock the car
- [ ] Cancel seatbelt indicator and the gong for the driver seat
- [ ] Completely kill the seatbelt gong on start up
- [ ] M display on I drive on start
- [ ] Kill startup warning on I-drive
- [ ] Display full text messages
- [ ] Ringtone iPhone
- [ ] Rear Daytime running lights outer part
- [ ] Brake force display-weak/30km/hr
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 06:58 AM   #258
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I just used BimmerCode this past weekend to code my x2m35, it went fine with no problems, I like using the Enet cable and my iPad so I don’t have to worry about data transmission over the air like Bluetooth. Here’s the changes that I finally ended up doing:

- [ ] Auto start stop remember last position from shutdown
- [ ] Restart volume on the audio to 30%
- [ ] Unlock the doors when the car shuts off
- [ ] Automatically fold the mirrors as soon as I lock the car
- [ ] Cancel seatbelt indicator and the gong for the driver seat
- [ ] Completely kill the seatbelt gong on start up
- [ ] M display on I drive on start
- [ ] Kill startup warning on I-drive
- [ ] Display full text messages
- [ ] Ringtone iPhone
- [ ] Rear Daytime running lights outer part
- [ ] Brake force display-weak/30km/hr
Nice,
I suggest including temperature as well as pressure on tire display and for anyone living in a cold climate, disabling the alarm/horn when locking car with engine running [it really is a pain disturbing neighbours when trying to pre-heat the car at 5:30 a.m - not a problem for Texans I know].
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 11:08 AM   #259
Fra-x1
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1 f48

guys is it possible to activate screen mirroring on f48 with professional 8.8 touch system of 2017 with entrynav2 headunit and wlan port? thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 05:47 AM   #260
Alain78
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 F39 sDrive 18i

Upgrade BMW X2 from 6.5" to 8.8" display

Quote:
Hi, snap. I recently got Vgate pro and Bimmercode. I have 2017 F48 xdrive and picked up a 8.8 display off fleabay. My vehicle was purchased in the UK as a stock car so pretty much std xline spec. I modded the basic sound system by buying Harman Kardon tweeters and front door speakers, highest cost was new window surround trim to fit tweeters. Huge improvement in high end sound quality. After I changed first side I tested the system and it sounded like I had shifted the balance to the new speakers (well worth doing).

Anyhow, this got me started on upgrading things I was not so happy with, namely 6.5” touch display that came with basic nav package. In the U.K. they did have a nav plus option (2017) which I think was same Head Unit (HU) and nav software but bigger display and a touch controller. I bought correct 8.8” touch screen for my build date (08/2017) -part 8797400. After numerous YouTube views on removing dash trim (none on F48 but got general idea) I replaced screen and then recoded using Bimmercode. Interesting point is that my car has NBT and the coding categories were not exactly the same as examples online. I had to use expert coding for screen res and size , also found I had to go into nav module and change screen resolution setting there also. If anyone else is thinking of doing, it worked! ��
I also changed a few other irritating things, so reverse parking display now goes after I drive 10 meters rather than 50, I changed the stop start function so it remembers last setting rather than reverts to on each start-up. Changed setting so horn will not sound If door locked from outside with fob if engine running (not cool at 5.00 in the morning). I also changed rdc tyre display to give temp as well as pressure. Some of my changes were in basic mode but most were in expert and took some searching to find.
The screen upgrade worked well (screen only came to life after coding) - Only niggle is that on the idrive home screen it initially shows three icons (eg entertainment, navigation, my vehicle ) but then after about 5 seconds reverts to only two icons with a space where third should be. Looking at online videos it would appear that this space can have have couple of uses (almost like split Screen) so for example —> nav arrows. I think there must be additional code changes needed (or possibly bug in idrive software not picking up screenresolution change in all modules). I say this because I had to change screenresolution in nav module section (so three code changes so far) whereas some older online threads just refer to changing screen resolution and display variante settings. Anyhow I could not find display variants in F48 expert coding section instead we have size and resolution. I suspect there is another screen size or resolution change needed somewhere else to get full upgrade. benefits. Changing the screen resolution in nav module gave benefit of full map display which on 8.8” screen looks great. Sadly my hope for split screen functionality has not been fully met. The wider screen does give more functionality with additional info in some areas but not split screen in nav ( Thanks to Sticky posting tech docs, I know split screen function (assistance window) works in Nav plus SA6UP but whether idrive software change is needed or there are more fdl parameters need coding I cannot yet answer.) Anyhow if I can help anyone just ask and if anyone does know the answer to getting idrive home screen niggle to permanently show more icons (I.e where additional code changes need to be made, I will happily donate some $ in their direction.
In summary, Bimmercode works on F48, but coding requires full version, secondly basic coding options are limited and there are few cheat sheets for expert mode, and none for F48 (that I could Find but references to using F56 mini) I am compiling my own list slowly and will share in due course.
Finally, this is my first post as a newbie to the forum, so hello everyone. Mark (mje60)
Hello MJE60,
Congratulation and thanks a lot for your post, I did it on my X2 F39 few months ago, it works very fine with the help of your post and it was fairly easy, it tooks me about half a day to do the hardware and software thru Bimmercode
I fully agree with you the bigger screen is much nicer to use than the 6.5" of the used car I bought
Best regards
Alain from France
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      03-09-2022, 06:33 AM   #261
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Update, found final coding change needed to upgrade 6.5” display to 8.8” for f48 with NBT
Using Bimmercode in expert mode HU NBT 3005 display_pip_config section
Change CID_Display_res from 800x480 to 1280x480
Change CID_Display_ size from 6.5 to 8.8
Now go out and enter 3001 section and find
Display_Variante and change from schmal (German for narrow) to breites (wide)
Now go into Nav section
Find Display_Resolution and change from 800x480 to 1280x480
In brief 4 coding changes in 3 separate section of NBT HU ecu
All changes require expert mode.
Screen works after first two code changes, nav will work also but you need to change res in nav section to get full screen effect in map view and finally section 3005 change is needed otherwise idrive home screen will only show two menu icons (like in 6.5 display) rather than 3.
I checked all other differences between option SA6UN nav and SA6UP Nav plus
It would appear than to get final full Nav plus functionality (excluding hud and touch controller) for CID , you may need to disable arrow view, it appears twice in lists in HU_NBT 3000 HMI once in English as arrow view and also Pfeil ansicht. Looking at functionality differences between the two; SA6UP has assistance window and SA6UN has arrow view (both show route arrows as pop up window on side of map) both views have same info but different layout. And my ENTRYNAV2 (NBT evo ID6 skin) menu has option to turn arrow view on or off I have left this for the moment. I may play and see if changing arrow view code to not activate then gives me assistance window as a menu option but I am happy so far. The 6.5 to 8.8 screen upgrade really has made a huge difference. Anyone who is considering doing then I am happy to walk you through. Trickiest part of physical switch was having to slightly widen the fascia tray where the screen slots in ). We are talking a few mm (I used hot air gun to soften corner and push slightly wider screen in), otherwise torx screwdriver and a bit of patience unplugging connector cable.
Please note these coding changes are for F48 with ENTRYNAV2 head units and cannot be guaranteed to work using Bimmercode on cars with earlier Entrynav head units. The change date from one HU to another was approx July 2019. You can check which HU you have by looking and your navigation maps, if your maps include word “way” the. You have Entrynav 2 but if your map version include word “route” the. You have Entrynav (1).

For owners with Entrynav (1) , users have found that Bimmercode coding sometimes works and sometimes does not, the problem being that resolution changes are not being fully implemented and successful coding change has to be done with Esys rather than Bimmercode. So it is possible with Entrynav but may require Esys.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 10:12 AM   #262
Wadadli Cooler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive25d Msport F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takabo View Post
Hi everybody,

Does anyone use BimmerCode with an ENET cable?

https://bimmercode.app/adapters/
Yes. I'm using a generic ENET cable with a USB-C to ethernet adapter. My phones is a Samsung S21. I have to enable ethernet mode in settings whenever I code. Also I enable flight mode. I think ENET cable is a lot safer, as well as being much cheaper. Disasters can occur using Bluetooth dongles if the signal is interrupted during a write.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 07:24 AM   #263
AlexRSmith95
Registered
Rep
Drives: (Future) BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadadli Cooler View Post
Yes. I'm using a generic ENET cable with a USB-C to ethernet adapter. My phones is a Samsung S21. I have to enable ethernet mode in settings whenever I code. Also I enable flight mode. I think ENET cable is a lot safer, as well as being much cheaper. Disasters can occur using Bluetooth dongles if the signal is interrupted during a write.
Agreed, however I have always coded my cars with Bimmercode and the ICar Pro adapter and the compatibility is spot on! (For those who don't want a cable).
Appreciate 0