BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Issues with Match Up 7DSP/7BMW Amp

04-25-2023, 11:46 AM   #1
Maxpa0wer
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Issues with Match Up 7DSP/7BMW Amp

**Moving to proper forum with tweaks**

Hi All,

Just copped a ‘19 X2 M35i with a Hi-Fi system and knew I wanted to swap the amp out asap. The Hi-Fi is ok, but lacks depth and bass. Previously had an ‘18 X3 M40i that was recently totaled, and I had the Bimmertech Plug-N-Play installed. Super easy, amazing sound, etc. After doing plenty of research, the AudioTech Fischer Match Up 7 BMW was supposed to be even better due to higher output and noticeable differences in the under-seat woofers.

Fast forward to the X2 M35i. After bringing her home, I purchased the Match Up 7BMW, but was told by the shop I purchased from online didn’t have anymore in stock and would send me the Match Up 7DSP with the BMW mount and harness, as it was in essence the same setup according to the shop. Received everything today, installed… and it sounds like crap. Sounds completely muddy, turning the Gain up was the only way to affect the volume, and I tried 3-4 different tunes/sound profiles to no avail. It was so bad that I tried re-installing the stock Hi-Fi amp, but now I can’t get any sound from it?!

For the record, both the amp and harness were sealed and in original factory packaging, so I don’t think it’s a case of quality i.e. being sold a used, faulty amp. Any ideas on what else could be going wrong given the old amp is no longer operational for some reason? Checked the fuse under the glove box and it isn’t blown… Additionally, it was correctly pointed out that the input sensitivity is slightly different between amps, but not sure that would make such a drastic difference.

Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0