Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

06-09-2016, 07:44 PM   #23
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful
So you guys have no confirmation that you are in fact getting them?

Do you know the price if you do?
My sales manager is still trying to find the possibility of straight ordering it from factory with car. However my parts manager went ahead and ordered the rims which will be about 13k with discount
It won't be possible to have them fitted at the factory on a US car. FMVSS 110 only directs back to SAE Standards which only grant "Aftermarket" applications for non metallic wheels at this time. Ford is under a waiver and the development was subsidized by the Department of Energy. You can certainly order them as accessory parts, but BMW won't import it with them on. I'd suspect that the GTS is hand processed and inspected on importation with a physical paper package like the Alpina's rather than self-monitored bulk digital clearance. Canada is not an issue as CMVSS allows both SAE and ECE standards.
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2016, 11:26 PM   #24
Msmall143
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful View Post

I can now report that in my opinion this car is so far beyond a regular M4, it is shocking.....
Almost exactly 100k beyond the regular m4. When it's 100k more you should expect rather than be shocked by very major changes

I don't think anyone is cross shopping a m4 with a m4 gts
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 12:13 AM   #25
Bashful
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Some Germans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Almost exactly 100k beyond the regular m4. When it's 100k more you should expect rather than be shocked by very major changes

I don't think anyone is cross shopping a m4 with a m4 gts

I did expect it, the point was that it exceeded this expectation....by a shocking amount.

And I know people like to throw out the 100k number, but I saw a sticker on a m4 comp pack with DCT, Ceramics, MPE etc and the sticker was over 110k cdn....so when you option up the M4....it's really a 35-50k delta as the GTS is 153,900....but again all irrelevant, because you can option up a carrera S to the moon, still doesn't compare to GT3 RS.
Appreciate 4
      06-10-2016, 07:47 AM   #26
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2002cs View Post
Here's my current plan.

I have ordered a set of CF wheels. Will mount the stock Cup tires on those wheels for track purposes. Then, will mount PS2s on the stock Acid Orange wheels for occasional street driving, tours, etc. Have driven a Vette with Cup tires in the rain - not recommended!
Why such old tire tech?

You probably meant PSS

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2016, 12:10 AM   #27
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful
So you guys have no confirmation that you are in fact getting them?

Do you know the price if you do?
My sales manager is still trying to find the possibility of straight ordering it from factory with car. However my parts manager went ahead and ordered the rims which will be about 13k with discount
It won't be possible to have them fitted at the factory on a US car. FMVSS 110 only directs back to SAE Standards which only grant "Aftermarket" applications for non metallic wheels at this time. Ford is under a waiver and the development was subsidized by the Department of Energy. You can certainly order them as accessory parts, but BMW won't import it with them on. I'd suspect that the GTS is hand processed and inspected on importation with a physical paper package like the Alpina's rather than self-monitored bulk digital clearance. Canada is not an issue as CMVSS allows both SAE and ECE standards.
Thanks for the info and I guess that's a good and bad since I'll have two sets of rims instead one
Appreciate 0