BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Canadians, How long is the wait from Halifax to Toronto?

04-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #67
Mr.Raj
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 28i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsnermms View Post
Reading everyone's posts, I can't even begin to express my disappointment with BMW dealerships. The level of service doesn't appear to be any better than a KIA dealership. Perhaps even worse.
I totally agree with you. My first buying experience was really good and thats why i went back to buy from them but they are really not upto the mark. The sales guys are uneducated about cars and just want to make sale and done with it. I had to write email to sales manager in order to get updates on car. I am so done with them. They are not better than toyota and kia.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #68
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derox View Post
Mines been in Halifax since Feb 16, we had to call the dealer 3 times to get updates. Finally they emailed a few days ago and said estimated between April 15-20..... not sure if i believe them as they promised delivery 3rd week of march lol
I would be so mad if my nice new car was sitting in a compound for so long! Make sure you check the bodywork and paintwork closely for any signs of damage or damage repair. Most storage facilities in the UK are near to industrial areas with factories spewing out all sorts of crap into the air...
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #69
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Is it not an issue for BMW Canada, rather than the dealer? Usually, the dealer has every incentive to get a car delivered, because that's when they get paid by the buyer. Personally, I'd be checking with the Dealer Principal to understand what is happening, why, and where responsibility lies. Possibly, they're just one link up the chain from the buyer, and might appreciate some strong words from buyers to kick BMW Canada up the backside.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 10:21 PM   #70
ifletch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
Is it not an issue for BMW Canada, rather than the dealer? Usually, the dealer has every incentive to get a car delivered, because that's when they get paid by the buyer. Personally, I'd be checking with the Dealer Principal to understand what is happening, why, and where responsibility lies. Possibly, they're just one link up the chain from the buyer, and might appreciate some strong words from buyers to kick BMW Canada up the backside.
Unfortunately the problem is with CN Rail and the Port of Halifax not being able to get the cars on trains fast enough. There was an article linked at the beginning of the thread that explained the situation. According to the article CN Rail added an extra shift to load cars. I don't think it was just BMW vehicles backlogged.

I do think there is a communication issue with dealers communicating with customers. I think they just pass the buck and blame the rail company and the Port. BMW Canada hasn't made it easy for the buyer to track their cars either. I was one of the lucky ones to get mine. But when I was waiting I just wanted to know where it was and when its estimated arrival was. They can't even tell you that much.

BMW Canada should be identifying these cars stuck in Halifax and sending someone their to find out their position in the backlog to at least update their customers with some expectation.

Last edited by ifletch; 04-15-2016 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2016, 10:32 PM   #71
delsnermms
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifletch View Post
Unfortunately the problem is with CN Rail and the Port of Halifax not being able to get the cars on trains fast enough. There was an article linked at the beginning of the thread that explained the situation. According to the article CN Rail added an extra shift to load cars. I don't think it was just BMW vehicles backlogged.

I do think there is a communication issue with dealers communicating with customers. I think they just pass the buck and blame the rail company and the Port. BMW Canada hasn't made it easy for the buyer to track their cars either. I was one of the lucky ones to get mine. But when I was waiting I just wanted to know where it was and when its estimated arrival was. They can't even tell you that much.

BMW Canada should be identifying these cars stuck in Halifax and sending someone their to find out their position in the backlog to at least update their customers with some expectation.
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 10:52 PM   #72
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Aha! Then perhaps send a testy email to Bill Gates! He, as the largest single shareholder AND a champion of the information economy, ought to know there's a problem...and have some ideas how to fix it!

(I must say that ordinarily, it's more productive to argue with a pile of rocks than a train company, but in this case, given Gates's stake, perhaps there's a remote possibility....
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #73
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2020 X5 40i

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
2020 Bmw X5 40i  [0.00]
do any Canadians here know how much the Blacked out kidney grills are and the M performance side skirts?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #74
Derox
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
I would be so mad if my nice new car was sitting in a compound for so long! Make sure you check the bodywork and paintwork closely for any signs of damage or damage repair. Most storage facilities in the UK are near to industrial areas with factories spewing out all sorts of crap into the air...
Yeah I'm going to do a good thorough inspection luckily tonight I finally got a call that the car has arrived!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:16 AM   #75
Jing2016
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2016 M SPORT

Quote:
Yeah I'm going to do a good thorough inspection luckily tonight I finally got a call that the car has arrived!
Congrats!

I am still waiting waiting and waiting.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:17 AM   #76
Jing2016
Private
Rep

Quote:
Any word from Maranello? Since the salesman called 2 weeks ago I've heard nothing.
Did you call your dealer again? any updates?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 10:37 PM   #77
delsnermms
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jing2016 View Post
Did you call your dealer again? any updates?
I haven't called and I haven't received any updates.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 07:27 AM   #78
Derox
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
I haven't called and I haven't received any updates.
If it makes you feel any better, from what the General Manager of Endras told me last night is that because of the delay they are starting to truck them to the dealerships rather than waiting on CN Rail to load them on rail cars. No sure if true but he said thats how they were able to get mine..... Hope you get yours soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #79
Mr.Raj
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, from what the General Manager of Endras told me last night is that because of the delay they are starting to truck them to the dealerships rather than waiting on CN Rail to load them on rail cars. No sure if true but he said thats how they were able to get mine..... Hope you get yours soon.
I got update from my dealer as well. Picking up on Friday. FINALLY. Hopefully backlog is getting cleared.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #80
delsnermms
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Raj View Post
I got update from my dealer as well. Picking up on Friday. FINALLY. Hopefully backlog is getting cleared.
Congrats. I'll be across the street from the dealer today so I think I'll stop in to see what the latest is. Hopefully you're right about the backlog.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 09:59 AM   #81
Jing2016
Private
Rep

Quote:
congrats!

When did your car arrive in Halifax?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #82
Jing2016
Private
Rep

Quote:
Congrats. I'll be across the street from the dealer today so I think I'll stop in to see what the latest is. Hopefully you're right about the backlog.
I still can find nothing on Hansen's trucking. duno where my car currently is.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 10:02 AM   #83
Mr.Raj
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
congrats!

When did your car arrive in Halifax?
Arrived Halifax on march 1
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 10:04 AM   #84
Mr.Raj
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I still can find nothing on Hansen's trucking. duno where my car currently is.
I could never find my car until now on Hansen's trucking site. Call BMW ca they will provide correct information if not dealer. For me they provided exact information that car is dropped at destination where dealer needs to take it. So just call them with your VIN.

Last edited by Mr.Raj; 04-19-2016 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #85
Jing2016
Private
Rep

Quote:
Arrived Halifax on march 1
wow, ours were at the same boat actually.

My car arrived at Halifax on March 1 and was discharged on 3rd of march.

I'll call BMW Canada right now.

Which dealer were you dealing with?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 11:14 AM   #86
Jing2016
Private
Rep

Quote:
I could never find my car until now on Hansen's trucking site. Call BMW ca they will provide correct information if not dealer. For me they provided exact information that car is dropped at destination where dealer needs to take it. So just call them with your VIN.
I can't believe BMW Canada knows nothing about my vehicle.

I just called and a representative told me that the only info they got was: The car had left the port of exit (Germany), they could not tell things after this.

It's hilarious. Last time when I called, they were able to tell me the car arrived at Halifax. This time, it is "turning back". hahaha.

The tracking system of BMW Canada was not informative.

I'll try to contact my dealer by Friday to get updated info.

Last edited by Jing2016; 04-19-2016 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #87
Mr.Raj
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
wow, ours were at the same boat actually.

My car arrived at Halifax on March 1 and was discharged on 3rd of march.

I'll call BMW Canada right now.

Which dealer were you dealing with?
My dealer is Parview BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #88
Mr.Raj
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I can't believe BMW Canada knows nothing about my vehicle.

I just called and a representative told me that the only info they got was: The car had left the port of exit (Germany), they could not tell things after this.

It's hilarious. Last time when I called, they were able to tell me the car arrived at Halifax. This time, it is "turning back". hahaha.

The tracking system of BMW Canada was not informative.

I'll try to contact my dealer by Friday to get updated info.
You are right. This is so weird. For me they told me exactly where the vehicle is.( Make use of that survey form you are going to fill later.) Is is really disappointing American My BMW has direct link to track vehicles while Canadian doesnt.
Appreciate 0