BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Drive Train BMW F48 X1 sDrive 1 8i SE B38 1.5i

02-16-2024, 12:13 PM   #1
GrannyG
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 18i SE B38 1.5i

Drive Train BMW F48 X1 sDrive 1 8i SE B38 1.5i

Hi, I would very much appreciate some advice. My car is showing 'Drive Train Check. You may continue to drive but have it checked soon'. I have done 26,000 miles and the car is driving perfectly. My car had a full(very expensive) service in December at my local garage but they could not get rid of the notice and suggested that I need a transmission oil change. I didn't fee confident about this so went to the BMW dealership/service center where I bought the car. They took it in to check in January (another £200) and came back to tell me that I need a transmission oil change but they were out of stock of the oil! I was given a written estimate of £384 to do this when the oil came into stock. I received a call this week to take the car in next week as the oil now in stock. When booking it in, the young man on the phone said 'hopefully the oil change will solve the problem but if not the car will need a new transmission! I really can't believe this as the car is running perfectly and only done 26,000 miles. Actually, when I said to one of these mechanics 'but it's only done 26k miles' they said maybe that is the problem I don't do enough miles! Maybe everything I've been told is right but I have a very uneasy feeling about the way things are going. I'm happy to pay up for the oil change if that's really needed , but a new transmission?? Any and all advice will be gratefully received. I should mention that I am a slightly aged female and don't necessarily understand anything too technical!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 10:15 AM   #2
F482016
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 x1 xdrive28i

I had a Drive Train Check just last week. For me it was the spark plugs misfiring. Maybe look at getting them replaced.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 01:37 PM   #3
GrannyG
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 18i SE B38 1.5i

Thanks, I'll check that out
Appreciate 0