BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) General software / firmware update (Europe)

03-13-2023, 11:36 AM   #1
Joe F Smith
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

General software / firmware update (Europe)

Hello,

I recently purchase a F48 (manufacture date Oct 2015) and I was wondering if BMW provides software / firmware updates for the car.

I am asking because since it's a very early model of the F48, there are good chances that a few bugs have been fixed over the years.

I am seeing two problems right now that are frustrating:
  • The "ConnectDrive" will just reset randomly while driving... This happened to me twice yesterday on a long drive (6+ hours) through France).
  • The cruise control somewhat randomly throws an error message that I am driving too close to the car ahead of me and just turn the whole cruise control off. I usually have to wait a minute of so before I can restart it.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

JFS
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 12:07 PM   #2
TheRiddle
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 X1 18i + '00 323Cic

technically when you go to the dealer for service they sholud update the entire car, the problem is that these updates will take a lot of time as most of the updates takes from 20 to 1hr to be completed.

obvi if you bring the car for a simple inspection or oil change, has no sense for them to do this as they then must charge you this addiotal costs.

you can update yourself via ISTA or Esys, but is always risky if you don't know how to do this,

bricked modules are common at dealer too (an other reason why they didn't code the full car as standard)
Appreciate 0