BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Decisions, decisions...

04-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #111
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Just went in and paid my deposit and signed all the finance papers ready for collection Saturday AM. Absolutely bursting with excitement now! I resisted asking to view the car so that we can all see it as a family for the first time on Saturday, not sure how I managed that

You on track to get yours tomorrow?
Yes, all on track for tomorrow (Friday) at 10 am. Just done my Insurance and loaded up my debit card ready
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #112
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_P View Post
Yes, all on track for tomorrow (Friday) at 10 am. Just done my Insurance and loaded up my debit card ready
Good man!

A few pointers just in case you haven't looked at this yet;

I decided against BMW GAP insurance and went with GAPinsurance.co.uk, a better policy for £270 v £400 for a four year policy. BMW finally price matched but I stuck with the other supplier

I got them to discount wheel and tyre insurance down to £380, which is good as I couldn't find an independent willing to insure diamond cut wheels

Good luck and post up some pictures
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #113
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Good man!

A few pointers just in case you haven't looked at this yet;

I decided against BMW GAP insurance and went with GAPinsurance.co.uk, a better policy for £270 v £400 for a four year policy. BMW finally price matched but I stuck with the other supplier

I got them to discount wheel and tyre insurance down to £380, which is good as I couldn't find an independent willing to insure diamond cut wheels

Good luck and post up some pictures
Picked up Car this morning - applied some protection this afternoon in between showers. Only a few miles done but very impressed so far. Good luck for tomorrow - hope the sun shines on you
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #114
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I've been shopping in preparation for tomorrow.... His and hers
Attached Images

Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 04:59 AM   #115
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Quote:
Picked up Car this morning - applied some protection this afternoon in between showers. Only a few miles done but very impressed so far.
Congrats: looking forward to some photos from the Deep South...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 06:14 AM   #116
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Is that Mocha and Saddle Brown? Are they the only two colours for F48? I was intending to do the same as we need to be able to tell the two keys apart
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 07:56 AM   #117
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Is that Mocha and Saddle Brown? Are they the only two colours for F48? I was intending to do the same as we need to be able to tell the two keys apart
Yep sure is and got them for the same reason

I think you can get black as well, but we have mocha interior and these match nicely...

There is a severe shortage of these and no date as to when they will be available again. My dealer kindly located two in Chesterfield and I mail ordered the the other day
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 05:44 AM   #118
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I just received my second key case - Mocha - been waiting over two weeks for it to come in. Disappointed to find that it was different to the black one I got ten days ago. The black one had an allen key for the securing bolt - was fine. The Mocha one has a Torx bolt and the key is rubbish - I can see the Torx key on your saddle brown photo now that I know.

I have managed to get it done up without too many slips but I think I was lucky and not sure how tight it is. The leather quality is also nowhere near as nice as the Black one.

Little bit of feedback to BMW on this one I think
Attached Images

Last edited by Bill_P; 05-21-2016 at 05:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #119
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I just received my second key case - Mocha - been waiting over two weeks for it to come in. Disappointed to find that it was different to the black one I got ten days ago. The black one had an allen key for the securing bolt - was fine. The Mocha one has a Torx bolt and the key is rubbish - I can see the Torx key on your saddle brown photo now that I know.

I have managed to get it done up without too many slips but I think I was lucky and not sure how tight it is. The leather quality is also nowhere near as nice as the Black one.

Little bit of feedback to BMW on this one I think
My torx keys were fine, I quite like the leather as it's the same as the seats i.e. Dakota with a hard backer behind it to keep it rigid
Appreciate 1