BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BMW E-sys coding for the f48 x1

02-29-2016, 09:48 PM   #45
Shubha29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

MOST invalid in F48

Hi All,

I was able to enable the Logic7 EQ on F48, but it seems this is not supported, because the Amplifier_Variant = MOST is not working for the Harmon Kardon Hifi System, which is essential for the Logic7 to work. Anyone if this can be retrofitted ? On some forums if there is enhanced bluetooth option, most probably there is MOST, I've enhanced bluetooth still, MOST option is not working....
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #46
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

So it seems the module that monitors speed limit signage (and/or via nav), while fitted, is inactive on Australian delivered F48 X1s (8TD DECODIERUNG SPEED LIMIT INFO).
Can anyone who is working on coding please advise whether it's possible to toggle this to active?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 03:08 PM   #47
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
So it seems the module that monitors speed limit signage (and/or via nav), while fitted, is inactive on Australian delivered F48 X1s (8TD DECODIERUNG SPEED LIMIT INFO).
Can anyone who is working on coding please advise whether it's possible to toggle this to active?
You could easily check by removing 8TD from your FA and then VO coding BDC_BODY, HU_NBT and KAFAS: the only downside is that this will reset any FDL coding you have done in those ECUs.

However, very likely there is a reason for the decoding: my guess is that either the Australian maps do not include the speed limit info or the recognition system in the camera has not been tested yet with the Australian speed limit signs.
      03-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #48
ttimbo
Major
Rep

Thanks for this. I'm still awaiting delivery of my X1, but other owners report it is deactivated for some odd reasons. Our signs are as standardised as most other locations, and apparently the deactivation is simply a risk averse decision (it doesn't read a sign correctly, someone gets a speeding ticket, and sues BMW!) . I prefer to take the risk, as Volvo allows its drivers to do, but neither BMW or M-B will...sigh...!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 04:46 PM   #49
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for this. I'm still awaiting delivery of my X1, but other owners report it is deactivated for some odd reasons. Our signs are as standardised as most other locations, and apparently the deactivation is simply a risk averse decision (it doesn't read a sign correctly, someone gets a speeding ticket, and sues BMW!) . I prefer to take the risk, as Volvo allows its drivers to do, but neither BMW or M-B will...sigh...!
BMW apparently introduced Speed Limit Information in Australia in 2010 and then withdrew it after six months due to "inconsistencies" in performance: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/aus...-1226050690657

It should be re-introduced later this year: http://www.bmw.co.nz/com/en/insights...on-system.html

As mentioned above, if you are willing to accept whatever "inconsistencies" might still be there, it is very easy to remove the decoding. In the US, many BMW owners remove the similar decoding for the adaptive headlights (which is in place to comply with outdated US regulations).
      03-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #50
ttimbo
Major
Rep

Cool! Thank you...so, how does one remove the decoding so it is enabled?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #51
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cool! Thank you...so, how does one remove the decoding so it is enabled?
The steps are similar to those described in the attached guide, with the following differences:
  • You will be removing 8TD from your FA (instead of 5AP and 8S4)
  • You will be VO coding BDC_BODY, HU_NBT and KAFAS
Attached Images
File Type: pdf VO Coding Step-by-Step Guide.pdf (3.37 MB, 1779 views)
      03-05-2016, 01:25 AM   #52
Andy203
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubha29 View Post
You were correct, X1 tailgate do not close with keyfob, it needs to be coded.
My tailgate opens and shuts with the use of the key fob, has done from day one. No coding involved.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 06:25 AM   #53
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy203 View Post
My tailgate opens and shuts with the use of the key fob, has done from day one. No coding involved.
That is because you are in the UK and Shubha29 is in the US. There are several regional differences in the default coding values: see for example post #44.

Last edited by dmnc02; 03-05-2016 at 06:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #54
manub
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 M Sport 20d

Would it be possible to receive a guide on how to do coding for beginners? I have a decent computer experience, although never coded. I also have a Mac.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #55
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manub View Post
Would it be possible to receive a guide on how to do coding for beginners? I have a decent computer experience, although never coded. I also have a Mac.
See for example this thread or this thread.

The info on neither of them is fully up-to-date, but coding F-series cars is really easy once you have the (free) software installed on your computer.

BTW, the appropriate connection target for the F48 X1 is F056.
      03-05-2016, 04:17 PM   #56
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep

My wife picked up a X1 a few days ago, and I have started coding it (which is why I have been checking this thread). Here are the things I found useful coding so far on her US-spec-car:
  • Adaptive headlights: The "LED headlights with extended features" on the X1 support what BMW calls Static adaptive headlights:
    At speeds between 45 km/h and 70 km/h the cornering light is used as a "static Adaptive Headlight". The LEDs, which are responsible for the cornering light, are activated in order to illuminate the cornering area. This function is called a static Adaptive Headlight because the headlight is not moved.
    This is disabled by default on US cars to comply with outdated US regulations. It is nowhere as useful as the no-dazzle high beams on my M4, but still worth enabling IMO. To be clear: this is different from the cornering lights functionality, since the cornering lights are activated even when the car is not cornering in order to provide a wider illumination of the road.
  • Brighter halos: The halos in the headlights are dimmed by default to 46% on both US and EU cars when used as position lights (i.e., when the low beams are on). They did not look as bright as on my M4, so I increased the intensity to 70%.
  • Allow fog lights on with high beams: This is standard on EU cars, but disabled on US cars.
  • Close trunk with keyfob: This is disabled on US cars and requires keeping the button on the remote pressed on EU cars. I coded it so that it opens with a single press of the remote button.
  • Unlock doors at ignition off: This is disabled on US cars and it only works on EU cars if the doors were automatically locked. I coded it so that the doors always unlock.
  • Change speed limit information in HUD and instrument cluster: I really dislike the US white square sign and changed it to EU display.
  • Standard stuff: Remove iDrive legal disclaimer, shorter seat belt reminder, etc.
      03-06-2016, 02:55 AM   #57
Shubha29
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
My wife picked up a X1 a few days ago, and I have started coding it (which is why I have been checking this thread). Here are the things I found useful coding so far on her US-spec-car:
  • Adaptive headlights: The "LED headlights with extended features" on the X1 support what BMW calls Static adaptive headlights:
    At speeds between 45 km/h and 70 km/h the cornering light is used as a "static Adaptive Headlight". The LEDs, which are responsible for the cornering light, are activated in order to illuminate the cornering area. This function is called a static Adaptive Headlight because the headlight is not moved.
    This is disabled by default on US cars to comply with outdated US regulations. It is nowhere as useful as the no-dazzle high beams on my M4, but still worth enabling IMO. To be clear: this is different from the cornering lights functionality, since the cornering lights are activated even when the car is not cornering in order to provide a wider illumination of the road.
  • Brighter halos: The halos in the headlights are dimmed by default to 46% on both US and EU cars when used as position lights (i.e., when the low beams are on). They did not look as bright as on my M4, so I increased the intensity to 70%.
  • Allow fog lights on with high beams: This is standard on EU cars, but disabled on US cars.
  • Close trunk with keyfob: This is disabled on US cars and requires keeping the button on the remote pressed on EU cars. I coded it so that it opens with a single press of the remote button.
  • Unlock doors at ignition off: This is disabled on US cars and it only works on EU cars if the doors were automatically locked. I coded it so that the doors always unlock.
  • Change speed limit information in HUD and instrument cluster: I really dislike the US white square sign and changed it to EU display.
  • Standard stuff: Remove iDrive legal disclaimer, shorter seat belt reminder, etc.
I tried the door unlock too, but doesn't work. Which options did u code for door unlock with engine off ?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 05:25 AM   #58
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I tried the door unlock too, but doesn't work. Which options did u code for door unlock with engine off ?
Did you see post #44?
      03-07-2016, 12:05 AM   #59
Shubha29
Private
Rep

Quote:
Did you see post #44?
Yes that's Aktiv now , but still it doesn't work when I turn engine off.

Moreover, did anyone succeed to play video from USB ? I've added all the coding options, but it seems USB still doesn't play the files.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 06:51 PM   #60
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes that's Aktiv now , but still it doesn't work when I turn engine off.
I am not sure what to tell you: it has been confirmed working on my wife's car and of that of at least another US F48 owner (see this thread).
      04-05-2016, 11:28 PM   #61
Shubha29
Private
Rep

Did anyone try anything new in coding ? Any other cheat sheets available for F48 ?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #62
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

Quote:
Nice. I did all of the same with the addition of having the mirrors auto fold and unfold.

Question: on the fogs on with high beams, does your cornering lights still come when high beams are activated? Mine won't come on when high beams are active.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #63
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Awesome thread! I successfully coded my f80 last month. While researching which module to use for our upcoming X1 I came across a website that states that F025 psdzdata file covers f48.

http://codingf10.com/getting-started/

Any comments?
Attached Images

04-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #64
DG20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

So just to confirm, i can use the F30 cheat sheet on my X1? And does anyone have any instructions for making the led headlights fully adaptive? Thanks!
      04-13-2016, 07:27 PM   #65
PF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i M Sport

Hi guys, I've had my first attempt at coding my X1, or any BMW for that matter. Have been successful at doing a few things using the F056 cheat sheet. However I have a few questions for the experts!

1. Which line and setting to change to shut the car down completely after opening a door?
2. I found some lines are close but don't exactly match as written on F056 cheat sheet, e.g. turning on tail lights with DLRs - which line should I be editing instead?
3. I had no success with the KOMBI module - doesn't bring up anything to change for that particular module. eg. no BC_DIGITAL or BMW_LOGO items to be found. Has anyone changed their KOMBI settings for the X1?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #66
PF1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i M Sport

Can anyone pls help me with coding the following? Been trying all different things but doesn't seem to work.

- Rear lights on with DRLs
- Front fog lights on with welcome lights

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0