BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) SOLVED: What are the fuses for the climate control panel?

11-17-2021, 04:38 PM   #1
marcjjohn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive28i

SOLVED: What are the fuses for the climate control panel?

I was installing after market display and somehow disabled my climate control panel. I am going to check the 20ish fuses that might be the issues, but after searching several forums I have been unable to get any clarity of which specific one it could be.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by marcjjohn; 11-22-2021 at 06:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
marcjjohn
Registered
Rep

I have a feeling, based on what I am reading, that the unit connects to the headunit and I maybe having a connection issue there.

However, I cannot find where the connection goes to on the headunit.

The control panel only has a 4pin/3 wire connection to it with red, brown/black, and blue/white wires going to it (also bundled with the cup holder light connector)

Can anyone help identify where this might connect to the headunit?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 06:41 PM   #3
marcjjohn
Registered
Rep

Obvious is, well obvious...

I decided since my radio cables were pinched anyway I would remove the center console and make sure there weren't any crimped or broken wires. Center console removal was actually fairly straight forward.

Any way, in the process I noticed the cables running to the faceplate matched the wires running to the hvac faceplate and I had a bent pin on the radio faceplate connection. Straightened the pin and voila everything was good.

My mistake besided not being careful was assuming the connector ran to the rear of the headunit and not the faceplate, honestly it doesn't make since but that was the issue all along.
Appreciate 0