BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Upgrade from ENTRYNAV

10-31-2021, 08:58 AM   #1
kevvxm
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

Upgrade from ENTRYNAV

Hi!

I currently have ENTRYNAV with the small screen and I am looking for an option with Carplay.

I can swap with an EVO ID6 unit, but I don't know if I need anything extra besides the screen, unit and the joystick. Do I need to re-wire something? I saw that the ENTRYNAV wire colors are different from the EVO unit.

Also, my car has the TCB, not the ATM unit so the ConnectedDrive will be lost.

Can you point me in the right direction with a list or a tutorial from ENTRYNAV to EVO? I have searched the F30 forum also, but did not found an exact answer.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 06:56 AM   #2
SilverArrowF48
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F48,F30, C Class Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevvxm View Post
Hi!

I currently have ENTRYNAV with the small screen and I am looking for an option with Carplay.

I can swap with an EVO ID6 unit, but I don't know if I need anything extra besides the screen, unit and the joystick. Do I need to re-wire something? I saw that the ENTRYNAV wire colors are different from the EVO unit.

Can you point me in the right direction with a list or a tutorial from ENTRYNAV to EVO? I have searched the F30 forum also, but did not found an exact answer.
Hi
I'm in the middle of doing the same thing, I've it installed nbt evo ver 4.1 with id6 enable, this is what I should have done ages ago instead of wasting my time with Entrynav, connected drive is not working but that's expected as I can still use my BMW app to locate lock door , ventilation. But don't delete the app for any reason as you will not be able to enable it, I have to contact BMW uk i who add the car for me.
also need the date and time set but it currently not allowing me , I've read somewhere in the forum that you need to code Kim I cic or something like that, I got a guy to remote to my and code it as I got no signal error when I tried to do it myself, there are capable people on here that will guide you
Forgot to add that I got a unit without gps port and send it away to be retrofitted fitted with a gps port
Which still works out cheaper than buying a unit with gps port

Does anyone know how to code the unit to get time
from the GPS
Appreciate 1
kevvxm4.00
      11-03-2021, 12:20 PM   #3
kevvxm
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverArrowF48 View Post
Quote:
Hi!

Hi
I'm in the middle of doing the same thing, I've it installed nbt evo ver 4.1 with id6 enable, this is what I should have done ages ago instead of wasting my time with Entrynav, connected drive is not working but that's expected as I can still use my BMW app to locate lock door , ventilation. But don't delete the app for any reason as you will not be able to enable it, I have to contact BMW uk i who add the car for me.
also need the date and time set but it currently not allowing me , I've read somewhere in the forum that you need to code Kim I cic or something like that, I got a guy to remote to my and code it as I got no signal error when I tried to do it myself, there are capable people on here that will guide you
Forgot to add that I got a unit without gps port and send it away to be retrofitted fitted with a gps port

from the GPS
Thank you very much for your reply!

How do you find the head unit version as you said yours is 4.1? Also, you can't receive those activation codes anymore into the car's head unit?

I found the unit and the guy retrofitted it with the GPS port already. I am not worried about ConnectedDrive anymore, I am not using it too much anyway, but I will keep the app on my phone with the car registered. Thank you for your advice!

Hopefully everything will go smoothly and the retrofit will be a success!

I will ask about the time setting and let you know
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2021, 06:54 AM   #4
SilverArrowF48
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F48,F30, C Class Mercedes

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverArrowF48 View Post
Quote:
Hi!

Hi

from the GPS
Thank you very much for your reply!

How do you find the head unit version as you said yours is 4.1? Also, you can't receive those activation codes anymore into the car's head unit?

I found the unit and the guy retrofitted it with the GPS port already. I am not worried about ConnectedDrive anymore, I am not using it too much anyway, but I will keep the app on my phone with the car registered. Thank you for your advice!

Hopefully everything will go smoothly and the retrofit will be a success!

I will ask about the time setting and let you know
I got it working, I got the guy that did the gps port retrofit to code basis_kombi to low as it keeps giving me no signal error every time I try to code basis_kombi,
it is working as it should now
Appreciate 1
kevvxm4.00
      11-28-2021, 03:59 PM   #5
kevvxm
Rep

UPDATE: Did the upgrade!

Old components: Magneti Pirreli basic with navi unit and gps port, 6.5 screen and the classic joystick.

New: EVO Head Unit High 2, 8.8 screen with touch and the touch joystick. The unit was modified to add a GPS port.

It was hard to get the unit out because of the wires that were stuck. I had to get the cup holders out to make the wires a little bit more loose.

Out with the old and in with the new, the green and blue wires should remain disconnected as they are for the TCB module and the snap in adapter I guess. You need a new wire for the display and a wifi antenna. Also, it would be nice to add a plug&play quadlock adapter to be able to connect to the OABR through ENET. (I don't have it yet)

The white one needs to be shaved a little to fit and the others just go in.

Code it and you are good to go
Make sure to code the kombi you have because most of the EVO units are coded to communicate with the black panel kombi.

If you have any questions I am happy to
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 11:54 PM   #6
neilr_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue

Did you happen to take any photos of the parts/process? Those would be interesting to see.
Appreciate 0