BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) 2018 BMW X2 xDrive 28i with M sport package 20K miles

10-04-2021, 12:22 PM   #1
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Thumbs up 2018 BMW X2 xDrive 28i with M sport package 20K miles

Alpine white with black leather interior

Comes with cold weather package, M Sport package, driver assistance package, navigation system, 19" Wheels etc.

In excellent condition with only 20K miles on the odometer

have owned it for almost 3 years now and no issues thus far

Body is clean, wheels has tires are more of less clean with minor rash on one wheel, original tires but they have around 6/32 left on all 4 tires

I will have pictures up in a couple of days

have a cash offer from KBB from local dealers for 31,500.

Would like to sell for $33000 if anyone here is interested.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 10:51 PM   #2
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Try carmax or carvana? I got way more than local dealers were offering for my M35i.
      10-07-2021, 11:22 PM   #3
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Dang, my area must suck. I have a '19 M35i and carmax said $27k.

I only have 18k miles.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 08:33 AM   #4
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
Keep in mind if this is a lease, BMW has closed the loophole and you have to actually buy out the lease to sell it to a third party. In NY that means sales tax which pretty much wipes out the gains.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 11:31 AM   #5
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounderman View Post
Keep in mind if this is a lease, BMW has closed the loophole and you have to actually buy out the lease to sell it to a third party. In NY that means sales tax which pretty much wipes out the gains.
Why do I have to buy out the lease? if I get a payoff, the dealer pays it off and its done ....how is it different? why would I be responsible for sales tax?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 12:33 PM   #6
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW2015M3 View Post
Why do I have to buy out the lease? if I get a payoff, the dealer pays it off and its done ....how is it different? why would I be responsible for sales tax?
You can't just sell your car to Carvana, CarMax, etc. directly anymore. If you search around there was a period where you could just got to one of those companys and they would handle the paperwork, payoff the car and give you the difference. Only a BMW dealer can do that now, BMWFS has closed that loophole since your lease documents say you can buy the car for the payoff amount or turn it into the dealer.
I have a friend in in the LA area who had a Mazda CX-5 lease that came due in August. On the day he was going to turn it in he ended up at CarMax, effectively sold them the car and walked out with 4K in cash and was done with the car. For a time Volvo and Toyota were to manufacturers who did not allow those kinds if transactions. If you are going to buy the car for yourself then you are correct you pay BMWFS and drive away. With used car prices so high and vehicles so scarce BMW is protecting the dealers and getting them inventory of used cars since they aren't making that many new ones right now. The sales tax thing depends on your state. In NY I buy the car I pay sales tax on the purchase price. As an aside dealers aren't allowed to sell you the car for anything significantly different that the stated buyout. Another trick when the actual residual value of the car was way below the buyout, you could negotiate the sale to you of the coming off lease car, that trick was eliminated a few years ago as well

Good luck , I hope you get your desired outcome
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 03:50 PM   #7
BMWNAWATCHDOG
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
You can't just sell your car to Carvana, CarMax, etc. directly anymore. If you search around there was a period where you could just got to one of those companys and they would handle the paperwork, payoff the car and give you the difference. Only a BMW dealer can do that now, BMWFS has closed that loophole since your lease documents say you can buy the car for the payoff amount or turn it into the dealer.
I have a friend in in the LA area who had a Mazda CX-5 lease that came due in August. On the day he was going to turn it in he ended up at CarMax, effectively sold them the car and walked out with 4K in cash and was done with the car. For a time Volvo and Toyota were to manufacturers who did not allow those kinds if transactions. If you are going to buy the car for yourself then you are correct you pay BMWFS and drive away. With used car prices so high and vehicles so scarce BMW is protecting the dealers and getting them inventory of used cars since they aren't making that many new ones right now. The sales tax thing depends on your state. In NY I buy the car I pay sales tax on the purchase price. As an aside dealers aren't allowed to sell you the car for anything significantly different that the stated buyout. Another trick when the actual residual value of the car was way below the buyout, you could negotiate the sale to you of the coming off lease car, that trick was eliminated a few years ago as well

You are correct, OP check your lease pay off document

you will have to pay the sales tax and buy the car first to turn around and sell it..... sucks but that is what Mama bear BMW is doing these days!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:03 AM   #8
BMWNAWATCHDOG
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:

do people have any idea on if people are seeing any discounts on the X5?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 03:54 AM   #9
rich4life611
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3

Hi! I can buy your car out of lease, my price would be closer to 30k. I'm right in Philadelphia. I buy out leases everyday. In order to buy this vehicle and you not pay sales tax a bmw dealer needs to issue the payoff. Carmax/carvana/vroom and your local dealer offers are no good for leases cars unless YOU buy out the car and pay taxes then sell it to them.
Appreciate 0