BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Contact free for electric tailgate

05-03-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 xDrive 20d

Contact free for electric tailgate

Hello guys,

I think to make a new retrofit for my X1 F48 18d sDrive, 2016.
So, after successfully completed the electric tailgate retrofit, I think to go further for the contact-free tailgate opening by balancing the foot under the rear bumper.

The question is the following: could it work only this option without the keyless entry?
I'm asking this because I found on newTIS that the S322A comfort access include the keyless entry and the contract free opening of the tailgate (and all the internal and external antennas).

Looking for your answers / suggestions,
Stay safe!

Regards,
Stefan
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #2
lilstevie
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanJ View Post
The question is the following: could it work only this option without the keyless entry?
I don't believe so. Kick access uses the comfort access system to authenticate your key and open the tailgate
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 11:33 PM   #3
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie View Post
I don't believe so. Kick access uses the comfort access system to authenticate your key and open the tailgate
I'm a little bit confused, because there is not a dedicated electronic module for the Comfort Access (at least for my car).
I also read the functional description of the comfort access and I didn't identified one.
It is the BDC who receive all the connections from all the parts of the comfort access (door handles, antennas, sensors).

A separate "system" of the car should have a "brain" (a part who analyze the data and take the decisions) .
In your opinion, who is this, for the "comfort access system" (as you say) ?

Regards,
Stefan
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 12:29 AM   #4
lilstevie
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanJ View Post
I'm a little bit confused, because there is not a dedicated electronic module for the Comfort Access (at least for my car).
I also read the functional description of the comfort access and I didn't identified one.
It is the BDC who receive all the connections from all the parts of the comfort access (door handles, antennas, sensors).

A separate "system" of the car should have a "brain" (a part who analyze the data and take the decisions) .
In your opinion, who is this, for the "comfort access system" (as you say) ?

Regards,
Stefan
It is more about the antennas. I'm not sure if the system would throw an error if it cant connect to the handles, or side antennas, but without the rear antenna it definitely won't work.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 12:40 AM   #5
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie View Post
It is more about the antennas. I'm not sure if the system would throw an error if it cant connect to the handles, or side antennas, but without the rear antenna it definitely won't work.
Yes, I'm mostly sure about that.
What I was thinking about when asked about this retrofit was to add the control unit for smart opener, the upper and lower sensors and the back external antenna, leaving away the front door handles and the side external antennas.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 10:51 AM   #6
victormro
Rep
Drives: F20, G01

Hello StefanJ,

Did you manage to retrofit the contact-free tailgate without having the Comfort Access?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0