BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Tailgate interior button problem x1(f48)

08-15-2021, 02:05 AM   #1
tsomle
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x1 f48

Exclamation Tailgate interior button problem x1(f48)

Hi,
I have a problem with the interior tailgate button. When the tailgate is open I push the button and it doesn't close. It closes normally with the exterior tailgate button, with the driver's door tailgate button and with the key tailgate button. I also want to refer that when the tailgate is opening and I push the interior button it stops. But when I push it again it doesn't close.
Does anybody had the same problem? Doew anybody know how to fix it?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 10:16 AM   #2
bimmerbenz65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 330xi

Garage List
2024 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
2022 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
You must press and hold the interior button until the door is completely closed. As soon as you lift off the button the door stops, for safety precautions.
Appreciate 2
      08-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
SPARTANVI
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive28i, 328i Msport

We thought ours was broken too for that exact reason, you have to push and hold the switch down until the tailgate is closed. It's a bit unintuitive when considering the vast majority of tailgates dont function this way, but I appreciate it now that I know.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 02:58 PM   #4
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsomle View Post
Hi,
I have a problem with the interior tailgate button. When the tailgate is open I push the button and it doesn't close. It closes normally with the exterior tailgate button, with the driver's door tailgate button and with the key tailgate button. I also want to refer that when the tailgate is opening and I push the interior button it stops. But when I push it again it doesn't close.
Does anybody had the same problem? Doew anybody know how to fix it?
Thanks.
It is a safety feature, the button has to be held otherwise the tailgate stops closing. The reason is that visibility is reduced from front seat position and therefore full closure with one touch is regarded as unsafe.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

An issue I have with mine is that when the tailgate is open, if doors (and occasionally windows) are open and I press the close button (on the tailgate) or use the vehicle key, alarmingly from my perspective, it ends to simply 'slam' into the closed position without activating the soft closure mechanism in the last moment of closure. With doors closed and windows partially open the issue doesn't seem to arise. I have mentioned this to the dealer service people, but they have simply brushed it aside. So I wonder if anyone else has come across this and if so how it was overcome.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 01:37 PM   #6
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Yeah it is a little "loud" on that last close.

I coded out the holding down the button I believe on bimmercode so it is a flick on and it'll go. Also it'll close with the key fob as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 03:35 PM   #7
locau
Rep
Drives: x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Yeah it is a little "loud" on that last close.

I coded out the holding down the button I believe on bimmercode so it is a flick on and it'll go. Also it'll close with the key fob as well.

Sorry, i have the same need for coding this and enable audio but when using the bimmercode app it doesn't show me options available/cars/f48/

What i was looking for are:
  • Close tailgate with button in the interior without long press
  • Close tailgate with the remote control without long press
  • Warning sound when closing the tailgate with remote control
  • Warning sound when closing the tailgate with the button in the interior

How did you change it?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 05:05 PM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by locau View Post
Sorry, i have the same need for coding this and enable audio but when using the bimmercode app it doesn't show me options available/cars/f48/

What i was looking for are:
  • Close tailgate with button in the interior without long press
  • Close tailgate with the remote control without long press
  • Warning sound when closing the tailgate with remote control
  • Warning sound when closing the tailgate with the button in the interior

How did you change it?
If you go to the link you posted…scroll down to TAILGATE (the list is alphabetical)…if you click on that heading it lists each one of the items you’re asking about. And it also tells you which module you need to open to make the coding changes.

BTW…you did purchase the app and communication tool to connect to your car, right? Only asking because I’ve read some threads where people thought they could download the “test” app and start coding for free. You can’t code anything until you actually pay for the app.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-14-2021 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 04:55 PM   #9
locau
Rep

Well i did go into that same options but for some reason i only get 3 options.

How can i acess the options? And yes, i have premium app

I can however enable expert mode and see some coding but nothing straight forward

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 08:35 AM   #10
Softit
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2020

Dears, I don’t have interior button for my tailgate?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 07:44 PM   #11
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by locau View Post
Well i did go into that same options but for some reason i only get 3 options.

How can i acess the options? And yes, i have premium app

I can however enable expert mode and see some coding but nothing straight forward

If the app is reading your modules…and the option doesn’t appear…then it means your BMW doesn’t have that particular capability. The support page on their website lists for all the possibilities…but when your modules are actually read…you are presented with what is capable.

If you want to code the 3 options that appear, then just follow through with the instructions on how to code (activate) what you want. Just select the option and see what selections are codeable…then choose what you want it to be (active or not active etc). There’s no need to go into EXPERT MODE for those 3 options.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 08:14 PM   #12
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softit View Post
Dears, I don’t have interior button for my tailgate?
You don’t have #1 (in the diagram below) just above the master window switch on your driver’s door?

When you decode your VIN does it list the option code for the automatic trunk lid mechanism S316A?

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 05:30 PM   #13
locau
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
If the app is reading your modules…and the option doesn’t appear…then it means your BMW doesn’t have that particular capability. The support page on their website lists for all the possibilities…but when your modules are actually read…you are presented with what is capable.

If you want to code the 3 options that appear, then just follow through with the instructions on how to code (activate) what you want. Just select the option and see what selections are codeable…then choose what you want it to be (active or not active etc). There’s no need to go into EXPERT MODE for those 3 options.

OK tks.

A bit weird really, i have all the buttons and i allways assume it's just programing that is missing. I have the buttons in the tailgate ( number 4 on your the post ) and in the interior button on drivers door.

But, it's just a matter of confort not a biggie
Appreciate 0