BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Is jb4 worth it?

10-15-2021, 02:48 AM   #1
adamsmog
Rep
Drives: Bmw x2 m35

Is jb4 worth it?

Hi all

Been reading the jb4 thread but can anyone actually say the cost is worth it ?

2-4 psi on map 1-2 and maxing out it’s capability doesn’t really seem like it is…

Looking for some feedback from you guys on driving impressions

Is it worth it ?

Car goes in next week for Ac schnitzer springs, gloss black wing mirrors, resonator delete and billet shift paddles… full Maxton kit coming in November
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Vervain396.50
      10-15-2021, 03:56 PM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

I think if you don't care about the couple of tenths of seconds of increase of acceleration, and maybe 30-40 hp.. then it isn't worth it at all. I've always liked more go than show, so my priority has been for power. It is also very likely with the resonator removed you could be gaining some extra PSI so it would be a close call. My thinking was: 1) I liked JB4 stuff and was hoping for more than a few psi increase. 2) I really do want to log my car to make sure everything is safe.

So now I know for me that the car is running the max it seems to like, and my car never runs into any failsafe mode. If I ever get a chance at a dyno day I will certainly put it on and see a stock map vs map2 difference..
Appreciate 1
Vervain396.50
      10-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #3
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

I have also mad scientist the JB4, TDI, both vs stock factory.

And currently JB4 removed after a year because stock tune is best and smooth and fastest once going.

TDI sold because lack of logging and lack of failsafe but I do say still was smoother in RPM get up and go due to the RPM sensor tap. Customer service was excellent as well!

Pedal tuner a must though in all situations.

I added AEM gauge tapped directly for monitoring boost as well for experiments and my statements above are reflected with proof in doing so.
Appreciate 1
Vervain396.50