BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

08-23-2021, 08:35 AM   #10803
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I get cracked up when seeing people making references about personalities. People tend to think that Alpha type personalities are the end all-be all personality to have or to be. Personalities change with the seasons in a persons life. Regardless of whether a person is an Alpha, Beta, Delta, Omega, Sigma, whatever...it depends on how two personalities mesh...not one individuals personality. Case in point, Sara's helicopter pilot my come across as a certain way to Sara, not based off Sara's personality, but how he perceives Sara's personality to be, then he adapts his persona accordingly. Pretty strange all the way around, but I've seen this happen and have been guilty of it myself.

While on the topic, I highly recommend everyone to take a personality test. It's fun to learn a little about yourself and it also makes it easier for you understand everyone else's personality. Spoiler, there's much more to it than Alpha's and Beta's. Learn who you are and learn who you mesh with, then learn how to tell the difference in personalities. It may save some of you from making terrible mistakes. Have some fun with it and report back. I'm an INFJ-A.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Do you even need to ask this question? Sara's dating life is a 3 Doors Down album; 15 tracks of the same fucking song.
A less popular, but still acceptable answer by the judges would also be ANY AC/DC album.
Appreciate 3
Sara5806.00
M5Rick60842.00
      08-23-2021, 08:57 AM   #10804
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I get cracked up when seeing people making references about personalities. People tend to think that Alpha type personalities are the end all-be all personality to have or to be. Personalities change with the seasons in a persons life. Regardless of whether a person is an Alpha, Beta, Delta, Omega, Sigma, whatever...it depends on how two personalities mesh...not one individuals personality. Case in point, Sara's helicopter pilot my come across as a certain way to Sara, not based off Sara's personality, but how he perceives Sara's personality to be, then he adapts his persona accordingly. Pretty strange all the way around, but I've seen this happen and have been guilty of it myself.

While on the topic, I highly recommend everyone to take a personality test. It's fun to learn a little about yourself and it also makes it easier for you understand everyone else's personality. Spoiler, there's much more to it than Alpha's and Beta's. Learn who you are and learn who you mesh with, then learn how to tell the difference in personalities. It may save some of you from making terrible mistakes. Have some fun with it and report back. I'm an INFJ-A.

A less popular, but still acceptable answer by the judges would also be ANY AC/DC album.
ISTJ-A. Logistician.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      08-23-2021, 08:58 AM   #10805
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Remix is dropping tomorrow night!!

Super busy today. Saints game tonight! Will take the King’s personality test later on this week. Wish me luck (fun and no drama) tomorrow! Will share soon, obviously for those who want the entertainment, those who don’t, just keep scrolling

And someone get Laura a new coffee! I won’t cry over spilt milk, but coffee
You are a good sport Sara. Much as I may disagree with certain things you do...I give you credit for that at least!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      08-23-2021, 08:59 AM   #10806
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Do you even need to ask this question? Sara's dating life is a 3 Doors Down album; 15 tracks of the same fucking song.
This is hilarious, and true. It hasn't changed in literally years.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25168.00
      08-23-2021, 09:02 AM   #10807
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
ISTJ-A. Logistician.
Not at all surprised by this. Spot on from what I know of you.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7939.00
      08-23-2021, 09:28 AM   #10808
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1905
Size:  92.9 KB

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      08-23-2021, 09:31 AM   #10809
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
It's all black and white with you huh? Not a bad way to be.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 09:43 AM   #10810
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

The only thing the Myers-Briggs is good at is determining if someone is gullible enough to think the Myers-Briggs matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 09:47 AM   #10811
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
It's all black and white with you huh? Not a bad way to be.
Is that what this represents? I suppose that makes sense.... I'm not a very emotional person

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      08-23-2021, 10:04 AM   #10812
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:

ISTJ-A. Logistician.
I'm the same as you.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      08-23-2021, 10:10 AM   #10813
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

ISFP-T. Some of the traits seem alien to me, so maybe I got a few questions wrong
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 10:38 AM   #10814
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
The only thing the Myers-Briggs is good at is determining if someone is gullible enough to think the Myers-Briggs matters.
Snuggies exist. Any argument based on gullibility in 2021 in not valid. I avoided discussing COVID.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25168.00
      08-23-2021, 10:48 AM   #10815
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Forgot to click male at the end but whatever.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 10:50 AM   #10816
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
ISFP-T. Some of the traits seem alien to me, so maybe I got a few questions wrong
I interviewed with a company who used the myers briggs in the hiring process and I straight up just asked them, "what do you want it to say?"

Its so easily gamed, I really don't get how anyone would take it seriously enough to include it in talent acquisition.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #10817
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I would love to see what the MMPI-2 says about some of you. All of us in law enforcement are subjected to the MMPI-2 and another personality test to see if we are the right fit for the type of work.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 11:30 AM   #10818
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Does an online version exist? (Is that even possible?)
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25168.00
      08-23-2021, 11:33 AM   #10819
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Does an online version exist? (Is that even possible?)
I doubt it. It's about 1600 questions and takes FOREVER!!!! ….and then you meet with a psychologist afterwards who interprets the data. There's also a numerical value associated with a personality type on an MMPI-2. Let's take the CHP for example. They may be looking for candidates that fall between 600-750. If your numerical score is a 520, they may not choose to take you because that 520 may mean you're a bit too aggressive for their tastes………however, a Police Department or Sheriff's Department might favor the 520 because that person is better suited to the demands of the job as a Police Officer or Sheriff's Deputy. Having worked for both the CHP and now a Sheriff's Department, I can tell you unequivocally that the jobs - while both sworn positions - are very different. I am subjected to, and faced with, FAR MORE SHIT as a Deputy than I ever was as an officer with the CHP.

Note: The numerical example was arbitrary and not to scale, but rather a loose example.

….but back to dating and Sara's latest 3 Doors Down, AC/DC remixed remix of her last remix.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13157.00
      08-23-2021, 11:49 AM   #10820
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:

ISFJ-A/ISFJ-T. Assertive/Turbulent. Didn't spend too much time thinking about it.
Personality type is Defender ISFJ-A.

Last edited by M5Rick; 08-24-2021 at 03:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      08-23-2021, 12:07 PM   #10821
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I would love to see what the MMPI-2 says about some of you. All of us in law enforcement are subjected to the MMPI-2 and another personality test to see if we are the right fit for the type of work.
Is that something that is only issued when entering the police force or is it a continuous evaluation?

Because if its not continuous given the issue with the police force it seems like we should be keeping tabs on it long-term.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25168.00
      08-23-2021, 12:11 PM   #10822
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Is that something that is only issued when entering the police force or is it a continuous evaluation?

Because if its not continuous given the issue with the police force it seems like we should be keeping tabs on it long-term.
It's only during the initial hiring process unless the person is involved in a shooting. I'm not sure which "issue" you're referring to, but people like to blame us for everything while rarely holding the criminal party accountable for their actions that prompted the contact in the first place. That's another topic of discussion best suited for my cop thread however.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15782.00
      08-23-2021, 12:17 PM   #10823
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
It's only during the initial hiring process unless the person is involved in a shooting. I'm not sure which "issue" you're referring to, but people like to blame us for everything while rarely holding the criminal party accountable for their actions that prompted the contact in the first place. That's another topic of discussion best suited for my cop thread however.
The exceedingly high rates of domestic violence, alcohol and drug abuse, and the like the permeates the profession. It seems like an initial profile might not be enough to track the toll the job may take on people.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 12:36 PM   #10824
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
He exceedingly high rates of domestic violence, alcohol and drug abuse, and the like the permeates the profession. It seems like an initial profile might not be enough to track the toll the job may take on people.
I think "exceedingly high" is a bit of excessive rhetoric as it pertains to DV, but alcohol/prescription drug abuse happens due to the stress of the job. For what it's worth…..and generally speaking…..those who take to alcohol to address emotional stress were drinkers before they became cops. Someone who doesn't drink isn't going to start miraculously downing alcohol. The prescription drug abuse is partly the fault of doctors and the pharmaceutical industry for pushing narcotics every time we get injured. It's very easy to get addicted to opiate analgesics.
Appreciate 0