BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW CCA MX1 Enthusiast Weekend!

04-01-2021, 11:27 AM   #23
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

A week from today, we'll be headed to MX1! Can't wait and wishing for good weather!

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2021, 06:54 AM   #24
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

At the moment the weather doesn't look good for Saturday, but it's far too early to make that call for sure. I do know that the CCA HQ grass field is a nightmare in the wet as the 50th O'fest 2019 final night event it rained, and I was fortunate that I live 20min away and I had brought the E91 that night with all-season (PSAS3+) tires on it. It was still a harrowing ordeal to get out of the muck without being towed...really glad I made the decision to drive the beater that night (the huge grass field slopes down to a lake).

One drive I really enjoy locally is highway 276 up to Cesar's Head from the Greenville side (from highway 11). It goes from 1165ft elevation at highway 11 to 3159ft at Cesars Head State Park at the top over ~5-6 miles of road. It has short sections of two upbound lanes to allow you to get around slow traffic in many areas, and the very tight uphill switchbacks are a blast. I just drove it Friday in fact (about 25 min from here in north Greenville county).

None of the mountain drives are much fun on crowded weekend days, especially now when everyone seems to be getting out.

I hope the weather holds and Saturday turns out nice. It would great to meet up with everyone.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 3
shadowfax1289.00
pseto800.00
      04-04-2021, 07:03 AM   #25
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

I'm like to sign to sign up and come down of the weather is nice. Is there something wrong with the BMWCCA registration site? I've tried to join for the past two weeks and when I submit my information I get the following:

The requested URL /bmwssa/censsacustmast.confirm_save was not found.
Appreciate 1
pseto800.00
      04-04-2021, 11:15 PM   #26
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
At the moment the weather doesn't look good for Saturday, but it's far too early to make that call for sure. I do know that the CCA HQ grass field is a nightmare in the wet as the 50th O'fest 2019 final night event it rained, and I was fortunate that I live 20min away and I had brought the E91 that night with all-season (PSAS3+) tires on it. It was still a harrowing ordeal to get out of the muck without being towed...really glad I made the decision to drive the beater that night (the huge grass field slopes down to a lake).

One drive I really enjoy locally is highway 276 up to Cesar's Head from the Greenville side (from highway 11). It goes from 1165ft elevation at highway 11 to 3159ft at Cesars Head State Park at the top over ~5-6 miles of road. It has short sections of two upbound lanes to allow you to get around slow traffic in many areas, and the very tight uphill switchbacks are a blast. I just drove it Friday in fact (about 25 min from here in north Greenville county).

None of the mountain drives are much fun on crowded weekend days, especially now when everyone seems to be getting out.

I hope the weather holds and Saturday turns out nice. It would great to meet up with everyone.
I hope the weather holds as well!!

Thanks for the advice on the drive CSBM5, I've taken 276 on that route (then went up through the Pisgah Forest and on to Waynesville on the way back from PCD back in 2015. I drove some of it last August, again after PCD. It was a fun drive both times.

I was hoping the Blue Ridge Parkway would be open, but it looks like it's still mostly closed (at least it was the other day when I looked...)
      04-05-2021, 09:08 AM   #27
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunalot View Post
I'm like to sign to sign up and come down of the weather is nice. Is there something wrong with the BMWCCA registration site? I've tried to join for the past two weeks and when I submit my information I get the following:

The requested URL /bmwssa/censsacustmast.confirm_save was not found.
I just tried and it seemed fine:
https://mx1.bmwcca.org/

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 09:25 AM   #28
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Thank you, I will try again.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 06:34 AM   #29
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Keep hoping this front that's going to hang around late week through Saturday gets swept along somehow faster: https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/sc/greer

Last Saturday was perfect here - 60F, dew points in the low 20s!, 100% sun. Similarly this week we're having perfect weather and then next week looks great too. We've still got time though for Saturday's forecast to change, but that door is closing.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 1
pseto800.00
      04-15-2021, 07:52 AM   #30
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

The rain held off for Saturday's C&C and so glad it did! It was an incredible weekend as there were some awesome cars on field. BMWNA brought over several vehicles to display like the pre-production prototypes of the 1M and Lime Rock E92 M3, Neiman Marcus X5, Signal Green (?) M8C, G80/G82 M3/M4, and a few others. All cars were parked by chassis which was pretty cool to see the E30 M3s and a few other nicely modded cars.

There's plenty of pics/videos floating out there, so post your favorites here if you like.

My highlight of the weekend was driving the BMWNA cars back to the 'secret warehouse'... We weren't allowed to take any pics and they tried to push us out of there pretty quickly, but the eye candy was stunning. So many prototypes, historic race cars, pre-war motorcycles, first/last builds, it was absolutely ridiculous! This downlow collection at the 'secret warehouse' could easily make it the best BMW museum in the world. Hopefully I'll get to see it again in my lifetime

Last edited by pseto; 04-15-2021 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 4
CSBM52695.50
ToddinTN504.00
      04-15-2021, 04:07 PM   #31
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
The rain held off for Saturday's C&C and so glad it did! It was an incredible weekend as there were some awesome cars on field. BMWNA brought over several vehicles to display like the pre-production prototypes of the 1M and Lime Rock E92 M3, Neiman Marcus X5, Signal Green (?) M8C, G80/G82 M3/M4, and a few others. All cars were parked by chassis which was pretty cool to see the E30 M3s and a few other nicely modded cars.

There's plenty of pics/videos floating out there, so post your favorites here if you like.

My highlight of the weekend was driving the BMWNA cars back to the 'secret warehouse'... We weren't allowed to take any pics and they tried to push us out of there pretty quickly, but the eye candy was stunning. So many prototypes, historic race cars, pre-war motorcycles, first/last builds, it was absolutely ridiculous! This downlow collection at the 'secret warehouse' could easily make it the best BMW museum in the world. Hopefully I'll get to see it again in my lifetime
It was a great time!
Appreciate 1
pseto800.00
      04-25-2021, 02:53 PM   #32
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

"Neiman Marcus" X5? Interesting.

Any glimpses in the "secret warehouse" of the X8?
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 06:39 PM   #33
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
"Neiman Marcus" X5? Interesting.

"BMW will produce only 50 of its 2001 model year Sports Activity Vehicles with the exclusive impala brown metallic exterior color. Luxury and performance are the focus for the "exclusive edition" vehicle, which can be reserved only through the premium catalog.

Customers who reserve the "exclusive edition" X5 through the much-anticipated Neiman Marcus Christmas Book will also be given the opportunity to participate in a three-day, two-night experience starting at BMW's new Performance Center
in Spartanburg, S.C. There, "exclusive edition" X5 purchasers will be able to hone their driving skills in a half-day, high performance driving program on a course designed expressly for driving instruction. During this program, drivers will receive one-on-one instruction from professional drivers who help them to develop, train and test their reflexes in everyday and emergency driving situations.

The thrill continues with a drive in the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains, where the new owners can experience an X5 on the beautiful winding roads and take in the mountain air. The next day, the trip continues with a special visit to the Biltmore estate.

The manufacturer's suggested retail price of this special X5 is listed at $57,995 in the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book. (The price includes shipping and handling and excludes taxes, license, registration and dealer-installed options.) As an added bonus, BMW will make a $1,000 contribution in the name of each vehicle purchaser to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation."
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      04-27-2021, 09:46 AM   #34
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post

I didn't get a chance to look around the entire warehouse since they were trying to get us out of there as fast as possible. The vast majority were special production cars, historic vehicles, and one-offs, but no pre-production vehicles with camo.

Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50