BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) X1 xDrive 25i (28i) - Sunset Orange [Journal]

01-23-2021, 06:34 AM   #23
normanho23
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
A really interesting post to read, thank you!

One thing you might want to look into coding, if you haven't already, is the "Easy Entry" function for the electric seats. If you're not aware, it means the seat will slide back away from the steering wheel when you stop the engine and then open the driver's door. The seat then returns to the memorised position when you enter the car, sit down and close the driver's door. This is really useful for my wife, who is quite a few inches shorter than me, and sits fairly close the steering wheel. Makes getting in and out a bit easier, and I thought it may be useful to you too after reading your post
Doesn't all these "coding" effectively void the car warranty with the agent? I have been told very specifically by the salesperson on not to alter any of the codes if I want to enjoy the 5yr warranty.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 08:29 AM   #24
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

I haven't had any issues but I also keep to simple codings done in Carly. One time my mechanic even told me that I had to recode the car because his update of the cars software wiped my settings.
      01-01-2023, 04:13 PM   #25
kulfon48
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 LCI Sportline 280Hp

Fantastic car mate! Inspired me to look for the same but with 25d engine. Any updates since your last post? happy New Year!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 02:50 PM   #26
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep

Glad you got inspired. So far the car has just done all things right and I have had no wish to change anything. It has 37k km on the clock so far and no need for changing anything except for the oil and wipers.
      01-03-2023, 02:06 AM   #27
floydthebarber71
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20d

Very cool post. I think we have a lot in common about our requirements, except I could only consider used vehicles in my budget so it took some time before I found the right one with the options I needed!

I mostly wanted to ask about your back. I have lower back issues and I actually felt the standard seats to be better than the sports seats. Of course I could have a different specific issue but I ended up taking delivery of a 2019 M Sport with sport seats as I could not find one I liked with standard seats.

How is your back holding up so far with this choice?

I'm also a bit of an audiophile and settled for a car with the HK audio option. First impressions were not that great, I'm not sure it's any better than the Hi-Fi option but will play around properly when I receive the car this week.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 11:21 AM   #28
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep

My diagnose is osteochondrosis and i have next to no cartilage between the lower vertebras. My back looks like the lower sample:
Name:  osteochondrosis.png
Views: 192
Size:  212.1 KB

In my case it means that instead of the normal s-curve of a spine my spine from the bottom and up is more upright compared to a normal spine. Since I have almost no cartilage in the lower part it also means that I am not that flexible and if I flex too much it ends in pain. Therefore sport seats are the best for me because they fixate me more in the seat and they are also harder. The softer the seat the worse it is because a bumpy road can end up bouncing/flexing me around in the seat. There are also more options for adjusting the seats for the sport seats.

I have had absolutely no back issues caused by the seats at all after almost three years of ownership. I love the electrical seats because you can do micro adjustments of the seats and that is needed about every 3-6 months. Actually I have been driving the car just for relieving back pain. The subtle rumble in the car together with the perfect seat position and heat has often helped me getting rid of the pain. I’d rather drive around and enjoy some nice landscapes for about an hour instead of taking pain killers.

I have the HK sound option and I am also not that impressed. In my old F30 it was way better but it is still better than the hifi option in my F22.
      01-18-2023, 11:52 PM   #29
floydthebarber71
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20d

So after spending some time with the car, I must say that the HK system is more impressive than my first hearing of it. I only have bass and treble to adjust (I thought I could adjust mids with HK?) but the fader also made a big difference in balancing the sound. I mostly play Tidal via Apple CarPlay.

If I feed it high res audio via USB, then it really comes alive. Energetic and a snap to it, with deeper bass. I’m surprised it takes 24bit 192kHz flac files, but that’s super cool. Not saying you need that high, but it’s what I have already so I’m glad it works and makes a big difference over playing Tidal wirelessly.

I imagine audio CDs would be really good too. I still have to adjust the bass and treble for each genre or album, but I eventually end up with a sound I want. Still not very detailed in the bass and some other minor shortfalls, but for what it is I am more than satisfied.
Appreciate 1
Feddersen451.00
      01-19-2023, 12:00 AM   #30
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydthebarber71 View Post
If I feed it high res audio via USB, then it really comes alive. Energetic and a snap to it, with deeper bass. I’m surprised it takes 24bit 192kHz flac files, but that’s super cool. Not saying you need that high, but it’s what I have already so I’m glad it works and makes a big difference over playing Tidal wirelessly.
Never thought of playing with the compression quality. In order to avoid drop outs I have all my music on a USB stick anyway and all files are always converted with the highest possible quality. Hmm - need to play a bit more with it again
      07-17-2023, 03:40 PM   #31
kulfon48
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just wanted to let you know that your car now has a twin in Poland in form of my specd out to the maximum XDrive25d

Your thread's content and especially the pictures were the main reason that got me thinking about getting my own F48 Sport Line in Sunset Orange ,but in the most powerful diesel available.Took some time to find one though Cheers!

Last edited by kulfon48; 07-17-2023 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 2
mrpingu167.00
Feddersen451.00
      07-18-2023, 03:11 AM   #32
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulfon48 View Post
Just wanted to let you know that your car now has a twin in Poland in form of my specd out to the maximum XDrive25d

Your thread's content and especially the pictures were the main reason that got me thinking about getting my own F48 Sport Line in Sunset Orange ,but in the most powerful diesel available.Took some time to find one though Cheers!

Really nice! Normally I don't really like the sportsline trim (or any other than the msport trim) because of all the plastic parts but with the black rims & the contrasty orange this looks amazing.

What paddles are that? I though all X1 had the black & silver paddle shifters? Looks good though
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 04:58 AM   #33
kulfon48
Enlisted Member
Rep

I totally agree with you. MSport is always a must have for me, but in this colour configuration Sport Line does the job! (besides I think MSport was not available with Sunset Orange paint).

The paddles are from the G-series .They are p&p with sport steering wheel and match the other matt silver bits perfectly. I've also changed the gas pedal and the brake cover from the F40 - also p&p and look the part. the front grille is also aftermarket - reminds me the one used on the latest X1 M35i. I also changed mirror covers (originally black) to OEM carbon ones and the silver exhaust tail pipes to the black ones like in Feddersen's car. I might start my own thread instead of hijacking this one

Last edited by kulfon48; 07-18-2023 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
mrpingu167.00
      07-18-2023, 05:44 AM   #34
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
I totally agree with you. MSport is always a must have for me, but in this colour configuration Sport Line does the job! (besides I think MSport was not available with Sunset Orange paint).

The paddles are from the G-series .They are p&p with sport steering wheel and match the other matt silver bits perfectly. I've also changed the gas pedal and the brake cover from the F40 - also p&p and look the part. And as you can see the front grille is also aftermarket - reminds me the one used on the latest X1 M35i. I also changed mirror covers (originally black) to OEM carbon ones and the silver exhaust tail pipes to the black ones like in your car. I might start my own thread instead of hijacking yours
BTW it's not my thread, I have a "boring" black pre LCI F48 Would have wanted a Misano Blue Msport but got a way better deal on my current F48 than I would have on any other F48. Comparable models are still 5k - 7k EUR more than what I paid for it back in December.

Nice, good to know. Might be doing those gas & brake pedal covers then. Looks much better than the current plastic one.
Might sharing where you bought these and/or do you have partnumber for me?

Brake pedal looks like just a rubber cover that comes off:
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=35_0434

But gas pedal is only 1 pedal for lot's of series and doesn't like like to have separate cover...
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=35_0433

Do you need to swap the whole module or just a cover that you put on top or do you need to disassemble the module?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 10:08 AM   #35
kulfon48
Enlisted Member
Rep

Acceleration pedal - its the whole module. Plug and play. The one I've got is 35426871053. Replace the whole pedal module.

Brake pedal is just a rubber - 35216888758. Also plug and play.

I've bought them on allegro.pl - its like ebay or Amazon in Poland. Used but like new and the price was like 35Euro for gas pedal and 20Euro for the brake rubber. All OEM.

More questions please ask in my thread so we keep Feddersen's thread from now on about his car.

Last edited by kulfon48; 07-18-2023 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 02:31 PM   #36
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Wow - and congratulation with your car. Actually there is another sunset orange sportline in Denmark. I drove behind it in another car and wondered if one of the kids had borrowed mine untill i realised the license plate was different and it wasn't my car just ahead of me
      07-20-2023, 09:26 PM   #37
saphirschwarz.f48
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F48 X1 sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddersen View Post
Wow - and congratulation with your car. Actually there is another sunset orange sportline in Denmark. I drove behind it in another car and wondered if one of the kids had borrowed mine untill i realised the license plate was different and it wasn't my car just ahead of me
Wonder if he’s an F48post fella… come on, which one of you was that
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2023, 03:35 PM   #38
rfwelz84
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 xDrive28i

Beautiful BMW!
Appreciate 0