BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Connected drive apps and BMW online option 6AK

03-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #1
Meezen84
Greece
Rep
Drives: F48

Connected drive apps and BMW online option 6AK

Ordered the X1 but I didn't tick the option list of connected drive 6AK. However the car is equipped with nav prof. (609). I know in some countries the connected drive apps come with a free subscription for 3 years, however unfortunately it's optional in greece. Anyone have an idea if I can activate or add the option of connected drive (6AK) after car is delivered. Keeping in mind that options (6AC and 6AE) come as standard. Anyway too late to change the order as the car will be delivered soon however just wanted to have heads up of what to expect
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
ifletch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i xLine

I found this BMW reference that says it is possible to add the ConnectedDrive Services & Apps if the car has one of the prerequisite basic ConnectedDrive features.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...formation.html

See section 1. BMW ConnectedDrive basic features bullet points 2 and 3.

Whether this is possible after delivery or during ordering it is not completely clear.

I hadn't added it to my order and asked the dealer if it was to late to change my order and was told I missed the cut off to change it. I found this information and asked the dealer if they could add it and all of the sudden I was told the factory was going to add it.

Last edited by ifletch; 03-05-2016 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 04:08 PM   #3
Meezen84
Greece
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifletch View Post
I found this BMW reference that says it is possible to add the ConnectedDrive Services & Apps if the car has one of the prerequisite basic ConnectedDrive features.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...formation.html

See section 1. BMW ConnectedDrive basic features bullet points 2 and 3.

Whether this is possible after delivery or during ordering it is not completely clear.

I hadn't added it to my order and asked the dealer if it was to late to change my order and was told I missed the cut off to change it. I found this information and asked the dealer if they could add it and all of the sudden I was told the factory was going to add it.
Well it is way too late for me now... Car is shipped and arrives at the customs for clearance in 2 days. However if I understood correctly from the link you provided it says the following
prerequisites for using BMW ConnectedDrive Services & Apps are the basic features ConnectedDrive Services (6AK) and Intelligent Emergency Call (6AC)
if you have booked one of these basic features, you can additionally book the services from BMW ConnectedDrive Services & Apps (Real Time Traffic Information, Concierge Services, Remote Services, Online Entertainment, Internet) as an extra option......

So basically I will be able to add the connected drive apps and the rest of the services since my car is already equipped with the 6AC as standard.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #4
Woolf
Rep
Drives: X1 Sdrive 18d - F48

Outcome?

So, Meezen84, were you able to add /activate option 6AK after you got the car with options 6AE and 6AC activated from the factory? I am just curious because right now I am facing the same issue... (;-).
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Best regards from SI,
E.
Appreciate 0