BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) P0100 MAF sensor fault code with RaceChip GTS chip tune

05-07-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
MTDBassMan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

P0100 MAF sensor fault code with RaceChip GTS chip tune

Hey all, I've been working on this issue alone and with RaceChip, but thought I'd see if you had any additional thoughts.

Issue: racechip gts causes P0100 error (MAF sensor values) when actual racechip head is installed, on any setting (1-7). Even when the Bluetooth app has the chip set to off. However, no error when the harness alone is installed with the bypass plug. Seems to discount the harness or connectivity out of the equation.

Bought used from a driver of another F48 2017 xdrive 28i (exactly what I've got, no other tunes except for various idrive coding) and worked great for him, so something specific about my car.

I've changed the air filter and cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner.

Racechip has offered to replace the head, which is awesome. But I'm worried that won't resolve the issue, since it worked for the last guy just fine.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0