BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
JKAWB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Black Sapphire

Rear Diffuser

Can someone make a rear diffuser like the one below out of carbon fiber? I see these diffusers in cf for other cars for a lot less than the ones we can get for our cars. I think something like this would look good on single exhaust, plus if you wanted to add dual exhaust later down the road, you would have room for it to fit. That totally would totally negate someone having to make two molds, which should save some money. They are simple looking yet clean. Just a thought.

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
SpoolMasta
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2001 LSB BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAWB View Post
Can someone make a rear diffuser like the one below out of carbon fiber? I see these diffusers in cf for other cars for a lot less than the ones we can get for our cars. I think something like this would look good on single exhaust, plus if you wanted to add dual exhaust later down the road, you would have room for it to fit. That totally would totally negate someone having to make two molds, which should save some money. They are simple looking yet clean. Just a thought.

ive been looking for a diffuser like this for my m3, dixis makes one, as your asking for a cheap under body CF diffuser for your BMW your asking for a lot..

The m3 diffsuer is around 3000 dollars that actually has any underbody aero purpose..

GL
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 02:40 AM   #3
w1LL
Swollen Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMasta View Post
ive been looking for a diffuser like this for my m3, dixis makes one, as your asking for a cheap under body CF diffuser for your BMW your asking for a lot..

The m3 diffsuer is around 3000 dollars that actually has any underbody aero purpose..

GL

i'm sure you can find one out there, maybe not for the 1er (yet) since its so new, but be prepared to pay with your left testicle... or ovary... depending on gender, obviously...

UUC Stage 2 Suspension :: 18 x 8.5 CSL Reps :: Pirelli PZero Nero :: Clears :: Titanium Enhanced DDE :: 20% Tint all 'round
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1LL View Post

i'm sure you can find one out there, maybe not for the 1er (yet) since its so new, but be prepared to pay with your left testicle... or ovary... depending on gender, obviously...
Its too bad that this is going to be true. Still, I would really need to see a picture of this on the 1 series to really know if it'll go well.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Misterkris
Private
Rep
Drives: R32

just running 1 muffler like that probably negates any benefit that a diffuser would do. Doing it with 2 mufflers would be wrong.

Im actually doing research on a custom diffuser for the one. Ill probably make it out of aluminum or stainless and paint it. the 1 has a nice flat floor witch would actually make it effictive.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
JKAWB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Black Sapphire

We got to have somebody on here that can make carbon fiber molds. It's not very labor intensive and materials are cheap. The only reason why I can think it would cost so much is because people see that it's for a BMW so they up the price, when in fact it doesn't matter what car it's for, as long as it fits. My old car had cf parts for everything and prices weren't ridiculous. I had a rear diffuser for my SRT-4 and it cost a whopping $300 at the time, it's even cheaper now. You can check it out here...

http://www.carbonbydesign.com/proddetail.asp?prod=rear%5Fdiff
Appreciate 0