BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Finally enjoy driving my 2018 BMW x2 sdrive

04-09-2024, 01:16 AM   #1
mike415
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW MBZ TESLA

Finally enjoy driving my 2018 BMW x2 sdrive

I got my x2 dirt cheap on a lease for $299/mo in 2019 and I let my friend drive it while I drove a Tesla x for a year because I didn't like the harsh ride and was lacking in power. Anyways when I got it back I started realizing there were mods so I started adding a few things and now its actually a fun car to drive.

I added them in this order
  1. Dinantronics sport set to race mode
  2. Dinan throttle booster
  3. Avanti 18" wheels - so much lighter than stock
  4. Bridgestone Potenza sport tires - same spec as oe
  5. K&N air filter

After adding the dinantronics sport I saw the potential but there was a lot of lag and resistance

The throttle booster fixed some of that but still lagged the first two seconds after acceleration

The wheels and tires improved acceleration and handling quite a bit over stock but still lacking power off the line and hesitation / rough switching gears. Can be a little squirrly going over bumps fast

After I installed the k&,n filter today it all came together, nice smooth and lots of power off the line up to 110

I don't have any data but the car will give me as much power as I want, happily. It drives about as fast as my old 2004 clk55 AMG v8 355hp 2 door coupe. Fast.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the $850ish + tires I put into the car (sold the stock rims). Handling is overly sensitive imo but getting used to it. I do like that it's a sleeper w no m badging

Ps engine had a nice growl but now much smoother. I was surprised because everyone hates on drop in filter's. It was noticeable for me.

Also I waited until my warranty expired to do all this.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 01:08 PM   #2
Rich807
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X2

Glad to you like what you did to yours.

My S-Drive, with wider & stickier tires vs stock but otherwise a bone stock engine configuration will while set to 'Sport Mode,' break the front tires loose taking off from a healthy dose of throttle as well as chirp them on the shift from 1st to 2nd.

Mine will also go from 70mph to 100mph in very little time IMO.

If I need/want more I'll step up to something more traditional BMW... something with an inline 6.
Appreciate 0