BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing RSI/CIG did it... Squadron 42 is feature complete!!

10-23-2023, 08:15 AM   #1
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

RSI/CIG did it... Squadron 42 is feature complete!!

Who-lee-CHIT! They did it!

If you're a gamer and like simulation style space settings, you've probably heard of Star Citizen. It's a game that's been in Alpha, meaning development stage, for the past decade, but each stage of development has been playable, and players give feedback to help with development. It's been frustrating for players because after 10+ years there is still no finished product, and playing the Alpha is buggy and doesn't always work. It's often said we will never see a finished product.

BUT, it's one of the best looking and most immersive games I've ever played. The attention to detail is insane, the visuals are lext level. I don't know I've ever played anything that has felt more real, and that's even without VR. Wake up in your apt, wander the city gathering food and supplies on the way to the spaceport, retrieve your ship from storage, climb into and start your ship, and fly from planet surface to space, as well as to other planets all without a loading screen or any breaks in gameplay. If Star Citizen ever gets finished it will be game industry changing. Standards and expectations will be raised.

Now comes Squadron 42... SQ42 is a single player campaign version of the Star Citizen universe that they started working years ago, and many players were upset about this and assumed it would just be another broken, never get finished promise from the developers, but THEY DID IT! And it looks awesome!

I'm more excited about this that I was for Starfield. Hopefully this helps speed along progress of Star Citizen.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2023, 09:03 AM   #2
HondaRC51
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335xi

Garage List
2009 335xi E92  [0.00]
2016 BMW S1000RR  [10.00]
I've never played Star Citizen but followed along on the fiasco of the "Alpha phase for 10+ years" from the players perspective and want to believe it would be a finished product soon. This looks amazing and coming from Starfield wishing it had more space content like this, gives me a push to start really looking into finally building a gaming PC. Hopefully they can finish up Star Citizen within the next year or so.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2023, 10:10 AM   #3
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaRC51 View Post
I've never played Star Citizen but followed along on the fiasco of the "Alpha phase for 10+ years" from the players perspective and want to believe it would be a finished product soon. This looks amazing and coming from Starfield wishing it had more space content like this, gives me a push to start really looking into finally building a gaming PC. Hopefully they can finish up Star Citizen within the next year or so.
One would think they could use code from this to finalize SC content, but I'm not a dev so...

I was really excited for Starfield, and really let down by it. I feel like SF is unfinished and empty. All locations are copy/paste, nothing is hand crafted outside the few cities, and even those are lacking. Missions are repetitive, dull and boring.

I think the thing that killed SF for me is the fast traveling and loading screens for everything. Skyrim and Fallout you had to actually travel to your quest locations and you always came across new things on the way. SF you just fast travel everywhere and never run into anything unexpected.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0