BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 18d xdrive, test drive an remarks

02-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
Verker
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: MB C-Class 220 T-Model

18d xdrive, test drive an remarks

Hi all,

wanted to share my thoughts in short after a 2 hours 60km city and surroundings test drive with a X1 18d xdrive "sport" version:

- cant recommend the m-steering wheel, has cheap plastik on a part where you tend to grip when cornering in the city, disappointing
- great fuel economy, winter tyres, AWD, auto trans, still avg just under 7 liters /100km in around the city, impressive
- hud works way better than i imagined, wouldnt have ordered that, but now considerung it after the drive
- sport leather seats are not for me, my legs start to hurt after 30mins drive. Seats are not wide enough in the lower part, so the parts that are meant to support your legs when cornering do press against especially my left leg. Would be painful on longer trips. I m curious if anyone has the same problem with the standard seats, which seem more flat in the lower part, but even tinyer than the sport seats
- had a hard time to find how to cancel navigation, well i had no BMW experience, seems to be needed for that - on my car thats just one button, must dive through a menu here
- there s a voice button on the steering wheel but seems only to work for phone, not for spoken commands (or i failed testing that)
- very smooth silent drive despite the diesel engine (car wasnt cold when i took it though)
- great usability moveable 2nd row and bootspace, kinda makes the X3 or cars like the GLC obsolete, while the X1 drives a ton more agile, more like the vw gold of my wife, than SUV like
- traction was very good, it rained a lot during my testdrive
- my car was fitted with 17" winter wheels which looked a bit smallish on the car. For optics i d go with 18" at least, though the ride may not stay as comfy as it was

Would i consider buying one? Absolutely, prices are a bit high, but you expect that from BMW - but i have to find a solution for the seats, cant buy a car that makes my legs hurt.

Last edited by Verker; 02-10-2016 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0