BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) USF1...wonders never cease...finally...

12-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

USF1...wonders never cease...finally...

They have something..not much..but something up on line...www.usf1.com
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

hhhhmmmm. so they have a warehouse with some expensive equipment in it
      12-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

They say all US. So the chassis is designed here, fair enough.

But who is making the engine?

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
They say all US. So the chassis is designed here, fair enough.

But who is making the engine?
Cosworth, along with engines for a couple more new teams. USF1 will be one of the "budget" teams. I hope they get to the show on time. The chassis crash test is in January.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
Cosworth, along with engines for a couple more new teams. USF1 will be one of the "budget" teams. I hope they get to the show on time. The chassis crash test is in January.
Sounds good to me. Lets hope US F1 does better than Scott Speed

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
F1 drama is at near full intensity and the season's not begun yet.

It's becoming clear USF1 won't have top tier drivers, my hopes of seeing our underdog run with the overdogs are dimming. BUT, if last year's performance by Brawn is any indication USF1 may have everyone fooled....or not. All I know it's going to be a fantastic season to watch.

Quote:
F1: Windsor Says USF1 Will Be Ready
Written by: SPEED Staff
SPEEDtv.com
12/22/2009
Charlotte, NC

USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor has responded to comments from Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone implying that the American based team won’t be on next year’s grid.
For the second time in as many months, USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor (Right) has been forced to respond to remarks, this time from Bernie Ecclestone (Left), that the team won't be on next years grid. (Photo: LAT Photographic) » More Photos

According to the London based Times the sport's 79-year-old chief executive was referring to Campos and USF1 when he made the comments.

"I think the people we expected to perform will and those that we thought wouldn't, won't," Ecclestone was quoted as saying.

But in a report from BBC Sport, Windsor said the team will indeed be ready.

"I'm surprised Bernie said that,” Windsor, a former SPEED analyst said. “We will be there. We're in good shape."

"Everything is going well and we are looking forward to the year," Windsor added. "We've just finished the chassis and are now in the hands of (engine suppliers) Cosworth."

As for drivers, Windsor said the fact that the other new teams have at least one confirmed driver, while the team he co-owns with Ken Anderson doesn’t, is no cause for concern.

"We are trying to find the best drivers we can; there's no
rush," said Windsor. ”However, there will be a moment when we announce the drivers at the factory and that will be some time towards late January."

This marks the second time in as many months that Windsor has been forced to deny rumors about the teams preparation. In November, Windsor had to respond to comments from Ross Brawn who seemed to imply the team wouldn't be ready.

Meanwhile, the engine supplier for USF1 didn’t indicate there were any problems.

Cosworth commercial director Mark Gallagher told BBC Sport that the five teams they supply, the four new ones including USF1 along with Williams, were at different stages in their development and all seemed to be on pace for next season.

"We've been working with the four new teams for six months and have only seen signs that they are preparing for F1," Gallagher said. "There is no indication that operationally there are any issues."
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #7
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

It's going to get interesting....
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #8
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

www.whooptiefuckingdoo.com
      12-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
I just hope some Americans won't ask "Does it have a Hemi in it"...
      12-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E83 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Sounds good to me. Lets hope US F1 does better than Scott Speed
Scott Speed wasn't that bad. Except for Vettel, nobody did much better with a Toro Rosso, and some did much worse.

I'm pretty sure Scott would have done well with a decent car.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #11
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivendriver View Post
Scott Speed wasn't that bad. Except for Vettel, nobody did much better with a Toro Rosso, and some did much worse.

I'm pretty sure Scott would have done well with a decent car.
+1

It seemed that Berger didn't have a good relationship with Speed. Especially at the end of their time together. Speed spun in the same area Hamilton spun on a very wet track that ended up being the last straw for Speed and the team. Not a good way to go out of the sport.

Plain and simply, if you're in an F1 car, you can drive. I got into arguments (yes, another forum) about how Jensen and Ruebens weren't washed up and weren't terrible drivers because they were at the back of the pack in the Honda cars.

GO USF1 TEAM
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
+1

It seemed that Berger didn't have a good relationship with Speed. Especially at the end of their time together. Speed spun in the same area Hamilton spun on a very wet track that ended up being the last straw for Speed and the team. Not a good way to go out of the sport.

Plain and simply, if you're in an F1 car, you can drive. I got into arguments (yes, another forum) about how Jensen and Ruebens weren't washed up and weren't terrible drivers because they were at the back of the pack in the Honda cars.

GO USF1 TEAM

I know about Speed. I followed him all through his F1 career (That damned Racer X always gave him trouble)

I just like ripping on him because he got demoted to nascar. That and hes not the most polite person on the planet. I can understand why people didnt like him.

And I never said that he couldnt drive. I was simply saying that I hope US F1 fairs better in F1 than Scott Speed did.

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #13
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Can't wait to see them in Montreal.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #14
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Let's hope USF1 does well and helps to return the F1 fan base so missing in the US. Peter is a great guy, and Chad Hurley seems to write blank checks (without much knowledge about the sport in reality), hopefully his money will be put to good use.

Getting talent will be tough. These days F1 has changed a lot, what once was a gentleman's sport became a tobacco/alcohol sponsorship series, after which a manufacturer's series, and with Honda, BMW, Toyota pulling out, it has become essentially a Sovereign series (India [Force India and an upcoming track], Malaysia [through ownership of Proton/Lotus and of course hosting a GP], Middle East ownership and increased venues there, UK and Germany owning their own teams incusive of driver nationalities, engine and chasis build, etc.) And with so many new teams in the hunt for $$$, their decision for driver selection is not necessarily based on talent but that driver's ability to bring sponsiorship money...
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0