BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

01-29-2021, 06:25 PM   #7635
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Oh yes - I can I'm just not photogenic at all. The angle doesn't help with the fat neck looking down at the camera, and unshaven (which honestly is covid normal for me), but I just don't photograph well.

I included my dog in the hopes of at least there being something worth looking at - he's cute!
You've got an adorable dog, you have a lot of hair for a man your age, and hopefully you're tall. While you're not my type, I'm certain you will make some lady a very lucky woman.
Appreciate 5
dinonz3216.00
MKSixer34184.50
King Rudi13154.00
Dang3r12512.00
M5Rick60060.50
      01-29-2021, 10:20 PM   #7636
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
You've got an adorable dog, you have a lot of hair for a man your age, and hopefully you're tall. While you're not my type, I'm certain you will make some lady a very lucky woman.
I appreciate your effort to be polite. Yes - I have hair - WAY more than you possibly want to know about. I'm just as tall as I told you I was at the beginning of this conversation - 5'10". And yes - my dog is adorable.

I think I will be single for life, because what I am looking for isn't looking for me. And what's looking for me won't fit in my cars, which would be a huge problem - and I'm not even joking. One of my cars subtly reminds me that I'm too portly to own it, and that I need to lose weight before I drive it next, and I do not have a particularly big butt nor a wide waist. I don't have a condo in Florida, but I do have a supercar in England for European vacations, and women over a certain size simply will not fit in the seat.

It might sound shallow, but I cannot date a larger woman because she will not fit in my cars, and that will ruin most of the enjoyment I have in life attending car shows and enjoying driving my cars. But slim women are generally not attracted to me.

C'est la vie. I'm going to go cry in one of my Lamborghinis now. Not sure which one though
Appreciate 4
vreihen1615268.00
King Rudi13154.00
Dang3r12512.00
      01-30-2021, 07:09 AM   #7637
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I appreciate your effort to be polite. Yes - I have hair - WAY more than you possibly want to know about. I'm just as tall as I told you I was at the beginning of this conversation - 5'10". And yes - my dog is adorable.

I think I will be single for life, because what I am looking for isn't looking for me. And what's looking for me won't fit in my cars, which would be a huge problem - and I'm not even joking. One of my cars subtly reminds me that I'm too portly to own it, and that I need to lose weight before I drive it next, and I do not have a particularly big butt nor a wide waist. I don't have a condo in Florida, but I do have a supercar in England for European vacations, and women over a certain size simply will not fit in the seat.

It might sound shallow, but I cannot date a larger woman because she will not fit in my cars, and that will ruin most of the enjoyment I have in life attending car shows and enjoying driving my cars. But slim women are generally not attracted to me.

C'est la vie. I'm going to go cry in one of my Lamborghinis now. Not sure which one though
You have to be the man the woman you seek wants. For me, I want a better than average looking guy, so I tell myself I have to be better than average looking to attract that type of guy. What I do to attract a guy like this is, making sure I stay fit and petite, making sure my face is better than average by getting botox, lip injections, plastic surgery on my face, on other parts of my body, keeping my hair long, full, and always keep up with my highlights, not letting my nails get chipped or atrocious, keeping my eyebrows done and microbladed, making sure I always look presentable and not wearing hobo clothes. I have to do a little more than most women because I want more than the average woman. You have to be what you want to attract. I love hearing compliments on how gorgeous my boyfriends look. It's validates how much effort I put into looking nice. Most recently, I had surgery and my then boyfriend brought me and waited in the waiting room for me. The nurse who took me back to the OR kept saying how handsome he was and how we are such a beautiful couple, and that's the shit I love hearing and makes it worth all the effort I put in.

What are you doing to reach that goal (woman)? What are you doing to lose weight?

Your height is great. You've got a leg up on a lot of guys right there and that should help with your confidence.

Last edited by Sara; 01-30-2021 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34184.50
M5Rick60060.50
      01-30-2021, 12:41 PM   #7638
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

Quote:
You have to be the man the woman you seek wants. For me, I want a better than average looking guy, so I tell myself I have to be better than average looking to attract that type of guy. What I do to attract a guy like this is, making sure I stay fit and petite, making sure my face is better than average by getting botox, lip injections, plastic surgery on my face, on other parts of my body, keeping my hair long, full, and always keep up with my highlights, not letting my nails get chipped or atrocious, keeping my eyebrows done and microbladed, making sure I always look presentable and not wearing hobo clothes. I have to do a little more than most women because I want more than the average woman. You have to be what you want to attract. I love hearing compliments on how gorgeous my boyfriends look. It's validates how much effort I put into looking nice. Most recently, I had surgery and my then boyfriend brought me and waited in the waiting room for me. The nurse who took me back to the OR kept saying how handsome he was and how we are such a beautiful couple, and that's the shit I love hearing and makes it worth all the effort I put in.

What are you doing to reach that goal (woman)? What are you doing to lose weight?

Your height is great. You've got a leg up on a lot of guys right there and that should help with your confidence.
Sara is 100% correct. There is a lid for every pot and you are wealthy. A few personal lifestyle changes and you will be in the literal, catbird seat. Play to your strengths and neutralize your weaknesses to achieve the goals you want.

Sara is doing it EXACTLY right and we can all learn a lesson from it.

There is a great and a bit laughable piece on it:

A businessman offers his sage advice:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I’m not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here’s how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a cr@ppy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity … in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you’re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold … hence the rub … marriage. It doesn’t make good business sense to “buy you” (which is what you’re asking) so I’d rather lease. In case you think I’m being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It’s as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful” as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you’re going about it the right way. Classic “pump and dump.”

Trust me, Dinoz, you can do it.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
Sara5791.00
King Rudi13154.00
Dang3r12512.00
      01-30-2021, 01:25 PM   #7639
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Sara is 100% correct. There is a lid for every pot and you are wealthy. A few personal lifestyle changes and you will be in the literal, catbird seat. Play to your strengths and neutralize your weaknesses to achieve the goals you want.

Sara is doing it EXACTLY right and we can all learn a lesson from it.

There is a great and a bit laughable piece on it:

A businessman offers his sage advice:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I’m not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here’s how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a cr@ppy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity … in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you’re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold … hence the rub … marriage. It doesn’t make good business sense to “buy you” (which is what you’re asking) so I’d rather lease. In case you think I’m being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It’s as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful” as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you’re going about it the right way. Classic “pump and dump.”

Trust me, Dinoz, you can do it.
Exactly this.

And it's not always about money for women. Dinonz has a lambo. That's cool but it's not everything. I'm head over heels for a guy who drives a Ford F150 and I love his truck! He's perfect to me with or without a vehicle. It's what he does, how he treats me, and how he takes care of himself that I'm attracted to, not what he has materialistically.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34184.50
King Rudi13154.00
M5Rick60060.50
      01-30-2021, 03:35 PM   #7640
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Exactly this.

And it's not always about money for women. Dinonz has a lambo. That's cool but it's not everything. I'm head over heels for a guy who drives a Ford F150 and I love his truck! He's perfect to me with or without a vehicle. It's what he does, how he treats me, and how he takes care of himself that I'm attracted to, not what he has materialistically.
What good looking people often fail to recognize is that no matter how hard I try to work on my body and figure and appearance, my looks won't change. I could have the hottest body in the world for someone in their 50s and you have pretty much already stated that you wouldn't be interested because I'm not good looking enough, so it doesn't matter how charming my personality or how well I treat my friends and loved ones, you would never know.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      01-30-2021, 04:26 PM   #7641
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
What good looking people often fail to recognize is that no matter how hard I try to work on my body and figure and appearance, my looks won't change. I could have the hottest body in the world for someone in their 50s and you have pretty much already stated that you wouldn't be interested because I'm not good looking enough, so it doesn't matter how charming my personality or how well I treat my friends and loved ones, you would never know.
Looks can change, and I don't mean plastic surgery.

Work on your body if you aren't happy with it. I bet if you worked out, got a clean shave and changed your hair style a bit you'd have chicks lined up to go for rides in your cars. If you have weight to lose, get after it. It will also give you more confidence.

I was terrible with the ladies back in high school. I was 5'10 and 110 lbs, I looked like I could blow away with a strong wind. I wasn't necessarily ugly but was quiet, a bit nerdy looking and had zero confidence. I've since done martial arts, took a public speaking course, and have worked out for a few years. I've put on 40 lbs, bulked up a good bit, and have a lot more confidence. It has made quite the difference. The last girl I dated was someone I would've never thought of even talking to back in high school, and she's the one who asked me out.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2021, 04:41 PM   #7642
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Okay, let's start by asking what are you doing to enhance your appearance? What look are you trying to go for? There is so much you can do, permanent and nonpermanent things. So, tell me some things you'd like to change about your appearance.

For me, I had a nose I didn't like, so I got rhinoplasty
My lips are such white girl lips, like non existent, I get 1cc of juvederm injected them every 5-6 months, poof problem solved
I didn't like the natural shape or color of my eyebrows, so I get them micro bladed and darkened (and guys that shit HURTS), another problem checked off
I didn't like my chest, surgery, problem solved
Don't like wrinkles, I get botox every 5 months, forever young now
I hate my red hair, so I changed it the blonde, easy peasy
I dont like glasses, I had lasik, now I'm not four eyes

Trust me when I say the face and body God gave me is nothing like the face and body I have now. My mother says I don't have a mom, I have a manufacturer. And there's nothing wrong with that. But I do all of this and keep the maintenance up because I like a certain type of guy, who wouldn't typically go for how I'd look naturally. So you can change yourself, you just have to want to do it bad enough.

I was born the ugly duckling, I know how it feels.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
M5Rick60060.50
      01-30-2021, 05:08 PM   #7643
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Maybe not for one particular person, but definitely for someone else.

Dude, just be you. Be your true, genuine self, whatever that is. Own it. Don't try to make yourself into something you're not just to appease someone else. Fuck that shit, that's exhausting work. People can sniff out insincerity from a mile away. If someone doesn't like who you are, then that person quite simply isn't a match. Period, the end. Put yourself out there, the real you, and you'll do just fine.

My $.02
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34184.50
rebekahb3132.50
King Rudi13154.00
      01-30-2021, 05:17 PM   #7644
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Okay, let's start by asking what are you doing to enhance your appearance? What look are you trying to go for? There is so much you can do, permanent and nonpermanent things. So, tell me some things you'd like to change about your appearance.

For me, I had a nose I didn't like, so I got rhinoplasty
My lips are such white girl lips, like non existent, I get 1cc of juvederm injected them every 5-6 months, poof problem solved
I didn't like the natural shape or color of my eyebrows, so I get them micro bladed and darkened (and guys that shit HURTS), another problem checked off
I didn't like my chest, surgery, problem solved
Don't like wrinkles, I get botox every 5 months, forever young now
I hate my red hair, so I changed it the blonde, easy peasy
I dont like glasses, I had lasik, now I'm not four eyes

Trust me when I say the face and body God gave me is nothing like the face and body I have now. My mother says I don't have a mom, I have a manufacturer. And there's nothing wrong with that. But I do all of this and keep the maintenance up because I like a certain type of guy, who wouldn't typically go for how I'd look naturally. So you can change yourself, you just have to want to do it bad enough.

I was born the ugly duckling, I know how it feels.
Spot on.

Personally, I had 2 blossoming's. One when I got to 8th grade and the other as a junior in HS. In college, I got dozens of dates simply from my college yearbook pictures. Post-divorce, I date 9s and 10s. Bikini models, fitness models, Hispanic channel weather girls, former pro volley ball girls, etc. You get the point.

dinonz, Listen to Sara. Get a personal trainer, grab some weights, and hit up the plastic surgeon. Because my nose had been broken 4 times it was crooked...I got it fixed 13 years ago. I breathe better and I look better.

Listen to Sara. She is giving you something most of us never get...the view from the other side.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
Sara5791.00
King Rudi13154.00
      01-30-2021, 05:24 PM   #7645
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Spot on.

Personally, I had 2 blossoming's. One when I got to 8th grade and the other as a junior in HS. In college, I got dozens of dates simply from my college yearbook pictures. Post-divorce, I date 9s and 10s. Bikini models, fitness models, Hispanic channel weather girls, former pro volley ball girls, etc. You get the point.

dinonz, Listen to Sara. Get a personal trainer, grab some weights, and hit up the plastic surgeon. Because my nose had been broken 4 times it was crooked...I got it fixed 13 years ago. I breathe better and I look better.

Listen to Sara. She is giving you something most of us never get...the view from the other side.
Are you 5'10' or taller?
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
M5Rick60060.50
      01-30-2021, 05:27 PM   #7646
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Maybe not for one particular person, but definitely for someone else.

Dude, just be you. Be your true, genuine self, whatever that is. Own it. Don't try to make yourself into something you're not just to appease someone else. Fuck that shit, that's exhausting work. People can sniff out insincerity from a mile away. If someone doesn't like who you are, then that person quite simply isn't a match. Period, the end. Put yourself out there, the real you, and you'll do just fine.

My $.02
Great post and I don't think the two thoughts are mutually exclusive.

I think becoming your optimum self helps self confidence. This isn't about developing another personality but optimizing all of your physical tools.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2021, 05:27 PM   #7647
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Beauty is skin deep. It’s about confidence, attitude, and character. How you carry yourself has alot to do with how people perceive you. Hold your head high. Let your personality shine through. You need to be happy with yourself first though. You can fake that, but you need to get there. You have a lot to offer, you need to project that. I think you’re too hard on yourself. You’re obviously successful. You seem like a good person. That means a lot. Be proud. Get a haircut, shave, dress nice. If you’re down on yourself and show it, it projects. Beauty fades. Character does not.

Last edited by cmyx6go; 01-30-2021 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 7
MKSixer34184.50
Sara5791.00
wcr3d460.50
King Rudi13154.00
Dang3r12512.00
      01-30-2021, 05:32 PM   #7648
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Are you 5'10' or taller?
Just under 6 feet...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 05:33 PM   #7649
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Beauty is skin deep. It’s about confidence, attitude, and character. How you carry yourself has alot to do with how people perceive you. Hold your head high. Let your personality shine through. You need to be happy with yourself first though. You can fake that, but you need to get there. You have a lot to offer, you need to project that. I think you’re too hard on yourself. You’re obviously successful. You seem like a good person. That means a lot. Be proud. Get a haircut, shave, dress nice. If you’re down on yourself and show it, it projects.
Boom.

This...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      01-30-2021, 05:37 PM   #7650
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Be proud. Get a haircut, shave, dress nice. If you’re down on yourself and show it, it projects.
I second all of this. A simple wardrobe change can do wonders. I don't know what your typical style is but if it doesn't include nice slacks and dress shoes for grocery shopping or a Target run, I suggest you try it. A well dressed guy in either of those locations is guaranteed to catch my attention.
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34184.50
King Rudi13154.00
M5Rick60060.50
      01-30-2021, 07:50 PM   #7651
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Just for a bit of symmetry here, and I'm genuinely not trying to bash anyone... Would I prefer Sara pre-surgery or post? Without it, every day. But that's just me and my values/preferences. I'm also not the man she seeks (I'm at least 1/4" shy of 5'10" ), so that all basically tallies up. I am Scottish though and I think in the US that shunts me up the desirability scale at least 1 point

I would like to have my nose unbent sometime though, so I'm not dead set against surgery.

But echoing what others have said here; be the person you want to be. Work on your fitness first; I guarantee you that the process of getting shape will not only improve your physique, but also lift your mood and hone your mind. All problems of the mind get better with exercise... This is some advice I really need to follow myself!

You can do it! (If you want to)
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
Sara5791.00
      01-30-2021, 09:11 PM   #7652
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm going to show you how ugly I looked. My old passport photo as God made me, along with photos of me now. You really don't have to do much to make a significant difference. I'm not saying I'm Paris Hilton in any way, but it's a good start.

I still have the same annoying personality, just made some physical improvements along the way and you can too!
You were never ugly and you were quite attractive then, and now.
Appreciate 3
Sara5791.00
King Rudi13154.00
      01-31-2021, 06:16 AM   #7653
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post

I would like to have my nose unbent sometime though, so I'm not dead set against surgery.
Do it! It'll change your face and you'll love it. Though it is a pretty hard recovery. The time will pass anyway and your future self will thank you.

Also, being Scottish will get you 2 bonus points in my family. My mom’s only travel wish is to see Scotland at some point in her life. She’s never left the United States. She finally got her passport in 2019 to go on a summer 2020 trip, but of course that was canceled. We’re hoping to try again in the next few summers.

Last edited by Sara; 01-31-2021 at 07:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      01-31-2021, 06:19 AM   #7654
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
you were quite attractive then, and now.
No, I wasn't, but thanks. I'm much better now. Ever heard the expression: Tens don't date twos? I'm about a 6.5 now. If I didn't have private school and horses to pay for, I think I could get up to a 7.5 lol.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
      01-31-2021, 07:11 AM   #7655
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
No, I wasn't, but thanks. I'm much better now. Ever heard the expression: Tens don't date twos? I'm about a 6.5 now. If I didn't have private school and horses to pay for, I think I could get up to a 7.5 lol.
Yes. I've heard it. Having copious amounts of money renders it moot.
You've already blown through 7.5.

Here is Flavio Briotore and his wife. He also dated Heidi Klum. Money turns 2s into 10s.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      01-31-2021, 07:13 AM   #7656
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yes. I've heard it. Having copious amounts of money renders it moot.
You've already blown through 7.5.

Here is Flavio Briotore and his wife. He also dated Heidi Klum. Money turns 2s into 10s.
You’re too kind!

And hahahahahaha. Now the image of Anna Nicole Smith’s wedding is coming to mind.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50