BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Battery Draining Problem

08-26-2022, 03:08 AM   #1
Wadadli Cooler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive25d Msport F48

Battery Draining Problem

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I was wondering if anyone has encountered the following issue?

Left car for about 4 days. Battery was completely dead. Charged up fully, but started to get the following errors:

Battery discharged, start engine
Battery discharging whilst stationary

Replaced battery with a new Bosch S5, and again fully charged using a Ctek AGM charger.
Still getting the same errors, even after registering new battery with BimmerLink, and clearing fault codes.

Any ideas?
I'm booked in to an independent garage to have it checked. Coukd be the IBS?

2017 Xdrive25d M Sport
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 08:23 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Do you have ANY thing plugged into the OBD II port or 12v sockets that you haven't mentioned in your post?

Also, does the Bosch S5 battery have the same specs as the old battery? If it has a larger amp hour rating or is not the same type of battery that was replaced (ie lead acid (wet) vs AGM)...then not only does the battery need to be registered...it needs to be CODED, too.

If you change the battery to one with a different specification (type/class/amp hour)...then the battery will need to be CODED...which you can do with BimmerCode (since you said you have BimmerLink).

And anytime you replace the battery...it will need to be REGISTERED (like with Bimmerlink)...which tells the charging system to set a new baseline for charging etc.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-26-2022 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0