BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Month Long Experience with 07 Infiniti G35 (+M3 Kill)

02-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
cbre90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i Sparkling Graphite, Terra

Month Long Experience with 07 Infiniti G35 (+M3 Kill)

OK,. I unfortuneatly was envolved in a fender bender on new years day(luckily not my fault) and was with out my e90 325i sport, 6 spd. Good news is that my rental car place hooked it with a 07 G35 "non sport and of course auto" with 2000 miles when i got it.

Ill just start by telling you that i much prefer my 325i with much less hp over the infiniti. With that said and out of the way the G35's motor is a beast(have not driven the 335 yet). The sound is great right from the factory. I rank it up there with my acura cls with comtech intake and exhaust. I can tell you if you punch it, heads will turn,..which makes me want an exhaust for my 325. Anyhow, i am completely amazed with the raw hp of that car....So much so that i killed an 04 M3 on multiple runs, 0-60 and @50-110. (read on before you start calling BS) Also, All 07 G35's come with keyless go. It was hard to get back in my 325i and have to dig around for my keys. Its a nice feature which i will get on my next car.

The infiniti also gets bi-zenon's standard and G35's Stereo is decent but not as tight as the factory BMW system. More kick than the BMW but the system is all around sloppy compared to the 325's. I have seen that infiniti has an upgraded system with their premium package? Basicly thats it in options area, this thing was all round stripped by infiniti standards and options lists. No heated seats or dimming mirror. Did come with leather and power seats that have 8-way control on both sides. None of that 4-way passenger seat shit honda pulls on you . I really hate that. The last really nice feature was the LED tail lights. They are really nice and like the configuration of the lights.

I am amazed that i didnt get a ticket with the G35. I was Basiclly treating like a "rental car" the entire time and had the TCS system off 90% of the time. Needless to say, but its nice not to have to worry about your car: no warm ups, or parking next to an SUV or tirewear to plague the mind.

I definetly had a few KILLS with the G35. The only one worth telling is against an 03-04 bmw M3 convert. We were both chilling at a light until an OLD pretty crappy 968 started reving and thus started of pretty abruptly when it turned green. An M3 noticed also (both of us most likely thinking this guy is a piece of work and needed to be but in his place, the car was that shitty) and we both followed suit. Of course it wasnt long till we were both in front of the 968. The M3 was infront of me, same lane, and an upcoming light turned red. Text book move, the M3 dives over to the next lane giving us both pole postition and letting me know he wants to go. TCS off, 2500 rpm and waiting.......The light changes and i immediately start pulling off of the M, i myself am amazed. To 60 i had about a length and a half. And we both let off due to another red. I was thinking to myself couldnt be better but wasnt sure i could take him again, maybe he missed a gear or something? Sure enough we do it again at the next light, both pole postition. Same thing, so much so that at the next red we came to, he pulled up next to me in traffic and asked me "WHAT I HAD IN THERE" I couldnt believe it. Told him stock 07 G35 with 305hp and he replied he had 333hp. Despite the fact that he had a Convertible (+400 lbs) and a passenger (+200 big guy), it just felt good to have someone in an M3 ask what i had in there......

Seeing as to the fact it was a rental, i let him know it was a rental and that i have a 325i and much prefer it over the G. I think he was a bad driver so much so that i feel if i was in his car i could have betten him if he was driving the G. He also didnt seem to know much about cars so he problebly didnt know how to launch the thing. WHo knows if it was stick or SMG? But bottom line is the G35 goes to sixty in 5.4 (C&D) and a M3 convert should be right at that figure if im not mistaken (5.4 right?).

Anyhow I enjoyed the G35 as a rental and something to rag but would tell anyone to go with a 328i or 335i over it. I am curious to see how the sport package would help the G35 but? Anyhow, it didnt have the same sturdy feel and im not just talking about while driving. The materials in the BMW are better and it feels more solid.

I am happy to have my 325i back after a month without it! Just thought id share.

Im not sure i really am telling anyone anything new or something they havent read in the last few month of car mags. But i sometimes forget to appreciate what I have and many times on this board i see people wishing they got this option or waited for the 335i or what not. Bottom line ANY E90 is a sweet ride. Not having it for a month made me want like it more especially after comparing it to the new G35.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

The G35's a nice car no doubt.

M3 verts are pretty heavy, compared to the coupe which is probably why you won.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
kablaam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Eh, I've beaten every G35 I've encountered yet in my 335i (E90), 1st Gen and 2nd Gen. Only M I have ever beaten was the Coupe, no doubt a bad driver. The M3, convertable or not, will spank any G barring equal drivers. Lighter taller gears, stronger engine, he must have been a newb.

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

2005 Honda Odyssey EX
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #4
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

Where can I rent a G35? I'm going on a trip next month.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #5
2m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3, 1988 M3

You do not determine one car is faster than the other based on 0-60, or 50-100 in a straight line.

Go to the race track for a driving event, and you will find out more if one car is better than the other car.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
cbre90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i Sparkling Graphite, Terra

Enterprise.

I couldnt believe it myself. They have a number of nice models you can rent.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #7
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
The G35's a nice car no doubt.

M3 verts are pretty heavy, compared to the coupe which is probably why you won.
no i severly doubt that, the driver must have been a total tard