BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Another newbie question: absence of seat release buttons in trunk area?

01-21-2021, 06:00 PM   #1
Paco II
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2021

Another newbie question: absence of seat release buttons in trunk area?

I hope you all will bear with me for another new-X1- owner question. I've observed that my 2021 X1 Xline, built for US destination, does not have the trunk release switches in the trunk near the hatch. I have read that it depends on having the slide/recline back seat option, which I do, so I am curious if, like my other post about the cup holder cover, that the inclusion of these is a regional thing and not included in X1s built for the US market?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 09:51 AM   #2
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco II View Post
I hope you all will bear with me for another new-X1- owner question. I've observed that my 2021 X1 Xline, built for US destination, does not have the trunk release switches in the trunk near the hatch. I have read that it depends on having the slide/recline back seat option, which I do, so I am curious if, like my other post about the cup holder cover, that the inclusion of these is a regional thing and not included in X1s built for the US market?
I do not think you need to apologise for asking questions, this forum benefits from questions as much as answers. Your questions will help anyone making assumptions about what is and what is not included in 2021 cars.

Looking at BMWusa build my 2021 X1, the reclining seat option does not mention rear seat release in the summary. I suspect it is something quietly dropped from the build features.

In the U.K it was part of the x-line package on the X1 but there is now no mention of rear-seat release from trunk in the 2021 brochure so it looks like this has been dropped from X1 however I am sure someone, usually from Germany (possibly BMW), will advise if it is still available somewhere in the world.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #3
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

I believe BMW removed it as an option as a part of the LCI introduction. My 2020 doesn't have et either.
      01-22-2021, 02:51 PM   #4
Paco II
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2021

MJE60 Feddersen Thank you for the replies!
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00