BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Extended Warranty Pro-Rated Refund?

12-11-2020, 05:02 PM   #45
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelir8bmw View Post
It is all about relationships and mod friendly dealers. Tons of info on these forums about this. Now if there were warranty work, that is a different story.
exactly. a dealer isn't going to care if you bring a car in w mods for service unless warranty work is involved and that's a risk i'm definitely not going to take.
      12-11-2020, 06:02 PM   #46
jcatral14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral Grey X2 M35i

Interesting thread. I'm actually coming to a realization that I might not keep the M35i as well. It's a fun car but I'm not thrilled with the power delivery and handling. Throttle hesitation/transmission is also an issue for me.

I have 2+ more years with the lease so things may change. To be honest, due to the pandemic I have not driven the car much so maybe I'll still grow to love it once I drive it regularly.

If not, will likely jump into an M2 or M3 for my next car. Or if they bring the M3 Touring over Whatever it is, will be in stick

-jay

Appreciate 1
      12-12-2020, 07:11 AM   #47
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i'm stuck with mine for a while because there is a smidge of negative equity i think (?) - i put down 10k on the car (i purchased it, not leased) and you know how bmws depreciate - so i feel like it's in my best financial interest to keep the car for a while unless i absolutely grow to hate it and that's not going to happen. i may be indifferent perhaps, but i don't hate it. the performance isn't horrible, but it's not great either. the main thing that i miss is driving a sedan/coupé and that can totally be remedied via my next car down the line. i also did buy that extended warranty, so that's an incentive to keep the car as well and i had paint protection film applied to the entire front end and i just purchased the oem 20" wheels to replace the oem 19"s, so i have invested money into this car; it's sticking around for awhile. just like you, though, i'm hardly driving the car right now. it just kinda sits there and i take it out once a week to drive around the city or take a short drive on the highway and then i bring it back home and hook it back up to the battery tender.

curiously i was also thinking of buying an m3, but i can't get over the new m3's looks, so i was looking at the previous generation m3s and then couldn't get over having such a high-performance machine belong to someone other than me because i know it was likely driven hard. i'm waiting to see what the next generation m2 looks like.

i have to say that i really REALLY love the lexus lc500. the car is beautiful, it drives so smoothly for a grand tourer, and it's unique. the downsides are the horrible gas mileage which makes it a horrible commuter and also the poor practicality, but life is short and i just might wind up with that car in a few years because i REALLY love it. i know it'll last forever too and it has that timeless look that will age well so if i choose to, i'd be able to keep the car for a good 10 years. i probably wouldn't, but i could.

edit: with regard to tiny cuvs, the upcoming alfa romeo tonale looks REALLY promising as well.

Last edited by Davy Jordi; 12-12-2020 at 07:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2020, 08:34 AM   #48
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

Dealer visit went without a problem with my JB4 on. All about relationships.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #49
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

you do you, boo
      12-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #50
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelir8bmw View Post
Dealer visit went without a problem with my JB4 on. All about relationships.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 07:26 AM   #51
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

so this question has nothing to do with anything discussed within this thread but this thread has already been so derailed that i thought i'd ask it here instead of creating a new thread -- does the m35i version of the x2 come with acoustic laminated glass? either the front windshield or the windshield and the front driver and passenger windows? or are they not sound-deadening?
      12-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #52
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

Yes, front glass. I replaced mine last year about this time. Special for HUD as well.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #53
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

good to know -- thanks!