BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Storage tray 52107393684 ?

12-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #1
Paco II
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2021

Storage tray 52107393684 ?

New to the forum. Howdy. I'm curious about this storage tray (right) under seat accessory. Has anyone added this to their vehicle? How difficult is the install and what screws are needed? The part number seems to be just for the tray itself without any additional installation bits.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
X1604M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018, F48 28i

Garage List
2018 BMW X1 F48  [0.00]
I installed the one for driver seat. The storage box I ordered came without screws for installation. I don't know what kind of seat you have. I have sport seats. All you need to do for the sport seat is remove the knee support. You just need to pull out the cover gently to see two screws for removal. After you undo the screws and remove the knee support just push in the mount for storage. The r four holes for screws. Outer 2 screws holes r easy to see. Inners holes r under the foam pad of the seat. The mount stay in place really tight. Just the front two screws r enough to keep the storage box in place. I haven't tried to place it under the passenger seat. But I think they are at the same mounting positions.

I used the round head screws for the front and hex head screw for inside. I only put one inside.

The screws are 5 mm
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
wcs2229170.50
      01-21-2021, 09:13 PM   #3
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1604M View Post
I installed the one for driver seat. The storage box I ordered came without screws for installation. I don't know what kind of seat you have. I have sport seats. All you need to do for the sport seat is remove the knee support. You just need to pull out the cover gently to see two screws for removal. After you undo the screws and remove the knee support just push in the mount for storage. The r four holes for screws. Outer 2 screws holes r easy to see. Inners holes r under the foam pad of the seat. The mount stay in place really tight. Just the front two screws r enough to keep the storage box in place. I haven't tried to place it under the passenger seat. But I think they are at the same mounting positions.

I used the round head screws for the front and hex head screw for inside. I only put one inside.

The screws are 5 mm
I can't find any decent pics of this on the internet.

Do you have any more of it installed?

How much room is there and what do you keep in the bin?

M
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 02:08 AM   #4
X1604M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018, F48 28i

Garage List
2018 BMW X1 F48  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
Quote:

The screws are 5 mm
I can't find any decent pics of this on the internet.

Do you have any more of it installed?

How much room is there and what do you keep in the bin?

M
I installed only on the driver side. It's not a very big but can hold more things than the centre storage under the arm rest. I put miscellaneous items in it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 08:00 PM   #5
Paco II
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2021

Quote:
I installed only on the driver side. It's not a very big but can hold more things than the centre storage under the arm rest. I put miscellaneous items in it.
Thanks for this info! I do not have the sport seats, so not sure how install will go. Right now just enjoying the new vehicle and not sure I will deal with this right now 😎
Appreciate 0