BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Misano Blue or Mineral Grey X1?

View Poll Results: Which color would you pick? And if you can, please comment why in the thread
Misano Blue 8 57.14%
Mineral Grey 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

04-05-2020, 06:33 AM   #1
mrsbjj17
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Misano Blue or Mineral Grey X1?

Hi guys,

Am currently shopping for a new BMW X1 MSport. I can't decide which color to go for. The Misano Blue, or the Mineral Grey?

I feel that the MG would be easier in terms of maintenance, and its such a solid, elegant color, it cant go wrong. But there are sooo many grey cars on the road now, and it doesnt feel special.

On the other hand, the MB looks so exciting, young and fresh. It makes the Msport trims looks more obvious, but I'm not too sure if its TOO blue, if that makes any sense? I'm afraid maintenance might be more difficult (hard to keep clean) and I might get sick of the blue one day.

Please help me to decide and weigh in. Which color would you choose? Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 06:41 AM   #2
lilstevie
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i5

We decided on MG, as for maintenance no idea yet as we're waiting on delivery, hopefully in the next week
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 06:46 AM   #3
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

Life is to boring for gray tone colors. So Misano Blue any time if it has to be the M Sport version. Also when it is an M Sport you can take the black leather seats with blue stitching, slap on an all black grill and chose the blue ambient lightning. Then the car will look awesome.

Name:  IMG_6063.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  786.8 KB
      04-05-2020, 06:58 AM   #4
mrsbjj17
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie View Post
We decided on MG, as for maintenance no idea yet as we're waiting on delivery, hopefully in the next week
Any particular reason why you went for the MG? Please update when you receive it!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 07:02 AM   #5
mrsbjj17
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddersen View Post
Life is to boring for gray tone colors. So Misano Blue any time if it has to be the M Sport version. Also when it is an M Sport you can take the black leather seats with blue stitching, slap on an all black grill and chose the blue ambient lightning. Then the car will look awesome.

Attachment 2276253
Hey, I remember going through one of your threads! Love your SO and its trimmings! Unfortunately in my country we don't have many options. White, black, MG or the MB only.

Is it hard to maintain such a bright colored car? In terms of ability to hide dirt, and paint fade issues? And any regrets on getting the SO months down the line?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 07:16 AM   #6
lilstevie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbjj17 View Post
Any particular reason why you went for the MG? Please update when you receive it!
My wife doesn't like Misano Blue, and the MG was the colour that she liked the most. Given it is her car, that's the colour choice
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 08:39 AM   #7
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

Quote:
Hey, I remember going through one of your threads! Love your SO and its trimmings! Unfortunately in my country we don't have many options. White, black, MG or the MB only.

Is it hard to maintain such a bright colored car? In terms of ability to hide dirt, and paint fade issues? And any regrets on getting the SO months down the line?
Thanks .

Regarding fading it is not a problem. Not for the SO nor the MB since they are metallic colors and they have a clear coat on top. We got my wife’s M240i SO 10 months ago and we have not had any regrets at all so I don't think there will be any for mine neither.

I do the car washes in the household and the SO compared to my old dark blue (imperial blue) F30 doesn't need as much attention in regards of dirt. We also had an E82 in Montego Blue which is similar to the MB. That also required less attention compared to the dark blue.

I think bright colored cars like SO, MB, EB or so just look a bit faded when they are dirty and not dirty as such.
      04-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #8
Ion619
Ion L.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i & 2018 X1 & 2016 X1

MG with Bronze Wheels! You will stand out!
      04-09-2020, 02:58 AM   #9
Jorix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d

I don't like how this blue looks on the X1 at all. Looks awesome on 1/2/3 series, but not on an SUV. The grey is much better to my taste.
Appreciate 1
oakey46157.50
      04-09-2020, 07:43 AM   #10
lilstevie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Please update when you receive it!
Arrived today, Very happy with the colour

Name:  x1.jpg