BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Watches BMW M Automatic Chronograph Watch 80262406695

02-15-2021, 10:43 AM   #1
ZMCoupe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

BMW M Automatic Chronograph Watch 80262406695

https://shop.bmwmarkham.com/p/BMW__/...262406695.html

Looking to see if anybody here has this watch. I can not find one anywhere in Canada and the few US places won’t ship (and I would like to avoid duties and exchange if possible).

I have seen it mentioned in a few threads. I know for the price point I can get better quality watches but I like it, what else can I say.

Perhaps someone has one in good condition and is looking to upgrade?

Or knows of a place for me to search?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 12:13 PM   #2
Isawelvis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3, 2015 ML350,

Not good or bad, but its not Swiss and not sure if it automatic or quartz. You just need to be aware. It a good looking sports style watch.
      02-15-2021, 01:37 PM   #3
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isawelvis View Post
Not good or bad, but its not Swiss and not sure if it automatic or quartz. You just need to be aware. It a good looking sports style watch.
It's an automatic. It says so on the dial and in the description provided in the above link.

BMW watches have been made by the Fossil Group since 2018.

SO EXACTLY WHERE ARE FOSSIL WATCHES MADE TODAY THEN?
This question might still be lurking in your mind. The Fossil Group has a wide range of sub-companies each has its own product lines.
If we divide watches into three categories, that is a Mechanical watch, Quartz, and Smartwatches. Then Fossil is only making Mechanical and Quartz watches.
The Mechanical watches movements for different brands are made in Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom and Japan. These are high-end watches starting from $750 to way over $25000.

Quartz watches whose prices are lower than $250 are manufactured in Asia mainly China.

The relatively higher end Quartz Watches in the price range of $250 to $750 are manufactured in countries other than Switzerland, Germany, UK, Japan, and China.

Last edited by Lady Jane; 02-15-2021 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
ZMCoupe35.50
      02-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #4
grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Fossil makes some really crappy cheap disposable watches, specifically the the cheap stamped metal bracelets. Years ago when I was in high school I bought 2 of their watches (probably around $100-150?) and the metal bracelets on both watches failed within 1 year of regular wear. I swore to never again buy cheap watches. The quartz movement obviously still worked and I could have bought new bracelet but that would have approached the cost of a new Fossil watch, so they went straight to the trash and I swore to never buy another watch until I could afford a nice one.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 02:11 PM   #5
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerylist View Post
Fossil makes some really crappy cheap disposable watches,
True. They also make very expensive watches as well. $25000+ is not cheap. There is a difference between Fossil branded watches and Fossil Group made watches.( i.e Zodiac )

https://www.tellmebest.com/fossil-watches-made/
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7833.00
ZMCoupe35.50
      02-16-2021, 05:30 AM   #6
ZMCoupe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the info Lady Jane. I can’t tell if it is a Fossil Group watch or not. I believe these were available sometime around when the switch was made.

I have Tourneau BMW Chrono which has been my usual daily wear for the past few years. I was not sure what I would get when I bought it without seeing it, but was very pleasantly surprised! I may pick up another one of those just to keep in reserve as I really love the feel of it on my wrist, heavy but just right (for me). My daily is getting pretty beat up at this point...

So anyways the search continues.

Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 02:46 PM   #7
OMSIN
Registered
Rep
Drives: e60 m5, e60 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMCoupe View Post

Perhaps someone has one in good condition and is looking to upgrade?

Or knows of a place for me to search?

Thank you.
As per BMWs description "Swiss Selitta SW 500 automatic movement, three subdials"

Beautiful watch, I love it.
If you're still interested and at anytime in the East Gwillimbury area, give me a shout and check it out.
Appreciate 1
ZMCoupe35.50
      02-24-2021, 07:27 PM   #8
ZMCoupe
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMSIN View Post
As per BMWs description "Swiss Selitta SW 500 automatic movement, three subdials"

Beautiful watch, I love it.
If you're still interested and at anytime in the East Gwillimbury area, give me a shout and check it out.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been reading about Sellita Sw500 and Valjoux 7750.

Thank you for the offer to see it I appreciate it. I may have taken you up on it but I have already ordered the watch! Lol

I would like to hear more of your impressions. How long have you had it? Any issues? Have you had it serviced yet?

I like the look and am looking forward to it coming in.

Cheers
Appreciate 0