DARKMTTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition & '18 X1

Garage List
RIP Panda X1

Hey everyone!
Haven't really been active on here due to life getting in the way but thought I'd leave a small update and review. Unfortunately just before Christmas, my 2016 Alpine White X1 (dubbed The Panda X1) was involved in an accident and written off by insurance.

Fast forward a month, and I've taken delivery of my 2018 X1 M-Sport in Glacier Silver Metallic!

This time around I opted for the Premium Enhanced Package and Leather Interior which I think was well worth the added price. The suite of technology integrated in the vehicle is awesome, and the new touchscreen iDrive is so easy to use! One thing I was surprised about was the lack of front parking sensors. While I don't really need them, I recall when ordering my 2016 X1, the Premium Enhanced package included them.

So far, I've gotten the front windows tinted as well as the tail lights, fog lights and head lights, just as I had done on my previous X1. I also got the mirrors wrapped in Carbon Fibre gloss in order to avoid paying the $450 CAD that BMW charges for their supposed real carbon fibre mirror caps.

I had also ordered the Black Sport Grilles from my dealership which were supposed to be installed prior to pick-up but unfortunately were not. Will add more photos once I have them installed. Additionally, I will likely be getting roof bars in the near future, once I do some more research. When summer rolls around I'll reinstall my BMS Intake and likely pick-up a set of new 19" Wheels since I can't stand the look of the stock 18's.

Hope to be a bit more active on the forum in the coming months, and post my future modifications. If anyone has any questions about the differences between MY16 and MY18, I'll be more than happy to address them!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
coh661190.00
Bill_P94.50
      01-25-2018, 03:54 AM   #2
Pganders
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X1 M Sport 30e

Nice looking replacement - hope though nobody was hurt in the accident.

The glacier silver in your pictures appears very white - is it like that in real life?
Appreciate 1
DARKMTTR229.00
      01-25-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
DARKMTTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition & '18 X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pganders View Post
Nice looking replacement - hope though nobody was hurt in the accident.

The glacier silver in your pictures appears very white - is it like that in real life?
Thankfully everyone was fine, it was a low speed incident but lots of damage was done to the steering components - hence the write-off.

Its an interesting color which definitely shifts in different light. I'd have to say its mostly a light silver that looks almost off white/mineral white in direct sunlight. The photos really don't do it justice.