BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Jussie Smollett Indicted!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2020, 01:32 PM   #45
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
4546
Rep
4,627
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Makes sense that the hoaxes are going to be pulled where they're going to get the most predictable knee-jerk positive reception and the least objective scrutiny. Which is going to be in areas where the TDS is epidemic.

Let's discuss the kid who didnt even do anything except wear a hat. He was the face of racism despite not having done anything except stand still and smirk while being taunted. Why wasn't the real coverage on the "Black Israelites" (who are labeled a national hate group) who were yelling at the kids and making hate-fueled comments the story? Why wasn't that native american elder who is a known rabble rouser part of the story? Then when the full video came out the headlines died down, then the family sued the networks. They settled and ONLY a minor mention of their settlement came out. Celebrities, influencers and the like trashed this kid. Afterward, SILENCE. Infuriating.

I have said this many times and I will say this again, I am not with either party. I do not favor any candidate at this time. I am simply aggravated, and annoyed with the media fueling this narrative of hate. It is not helping anything, it is only making us more divided. “A house divided against itself cannot stand.”
Appreciate 7
cmyx6go4252.50
Torgus2271.50
Conissah1038.00
lakefront266.50
Poiseuille4361.50

      02-12-2020, 02:18 PM   #46
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3022
Rep
940
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Let's discuss the kid who didnt even do anything except wear a hat. He was the face of racism despite not having done anything except stand still and smirk while being taunted. Why wasn't the real coverage on the "Black Israelites" (who are labeled a national hate group) who were yelling at the kids and making hate-fueled comments the story? Why wasn't that native american elder who is a known rabble rouser part of the story? Then when the full video came out the headlines died down, then the family sued the networks. They settled and ONLY a minor mention of their settlement came out. Celebrities, influencers and the like trashed this kid. Afterward, SILENCE. Infuriating.

I have said this many times and I will say this again, I am not with either party. I do not favor any candidate at this time. I am simply aggravated, and annoyed with the media fueling this narrative of hate. It is not helping anything, it is only making us more divided. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
If I happen upon a discussion about something from the day's news and it becomes apparent that the participants get their news mostly or exclusively from the lamestream media and they've bought into it 100% with no skepticism at all, I don't join the discussion. There are so many good alternatives out there that don't all have the same bias. Some have a different bias, but at least it's adding variety. Consuming a variety of sources lets you weigh the relative credibility of them against one another.

Alas, the attention spans of most people has shrunk to that of a gnat. So they get their sound bite and then go back to watching sports. Sad.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille4361.50

      02-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #47
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
4546
Rep
4,627
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

I agree completely. My grandfather used to read three different newspapers because he wanted to form his own opinion on a matter not regurgitate the opinion or spin of one particular outlet. I have tried to do the same.

In addition the site below is a decent way sift through options:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22742.50

      02-12-2020, 02:37 PM   #48
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10321
Rep
13,087
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I agree completely. My grandfather used to read three different newspapers because he wanted to form his own opinion on a matter not regurgitate the opinion or spin of one particular outlet. I have tried to do the same.

In addition the site below is a decent way sift through options:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/
That's a great site to use! It's usually pretty accurate.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 1
iconoclast4546.00

      02-12-2020, 02:44 PM   #49
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
1948
Rep
7,021
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Funny how CNN is listed as "mostly factual" while Fox New is "mixed" and Breitbart is listed as a "questionable source" (and mixed on facts).

NormanConquest won't like to see Epoch Times as "mixed":

Quote:
Overall, we rate The Epoch Times borderline Questionable and Right Biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the right. We also rate them factually Mixed due to the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of pro-Trump propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as failed fact checks.
Ouch...

On FoxNews:
Quote:
Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually and borderline Questionable based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared. Further, Fox News would be rated a Questionable source based on numerous failed fact checks by hosts and pundits, however straight news reporting is generally reliable, therefore we rate them Mixed for factual reporting.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 02-12-2020 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
quick6553.50

      02-12-2020, 02:49 PM   #50
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
4546
Rep
4,627
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

at least they acknowledge and state that CNN is bias by omission and their guests are providing misleading information.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 02:54 PM   #51
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
1948
Rep
7,021
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Read above on Fox. I hate to break it to you but CNN cleared this sniff test far better than Fox.

Quote:
Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High due to misleading information presented by guests as well as a few failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
quick6553.50

      02-12-2020, 03:11 PM   #52
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8658
Rep
13,856
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Fact checkers? Bias metrics? LOL.
They all push an agenda while trying to appear nuetral. Period.

Since they started popping up, iirc, around GW's second term they've been fudging opinions and it's only gotten worse. Scramble a persons mind with what they need to hear...for both sides of the isle.

"Well, so and so says you're wrong and I'm right"
"Nope, mine says you're wrong and I'M right"
Pffftt.

“To say of what is that it is, or of what is not that it is not, is true.”
Aristotle.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 3
iconoclast4546.00
MKSixer22742.50
Poiseuille4361.50

      02-12-2020, 03:22 PM   #53
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
1948
Rep
7,021
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
When did free and independent thought vacate us? You can read news from any source and make up your own mind.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 03:47 PM   #54
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
4546
Rep
4,627
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

Difficult to make up your mind when facts are omitted or skewed or misinformation is presented or if you only get information from one source.
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #55
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3022
Rep
940
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
When did free and independent thought vacate us? You can read news from any source and make up your own mind.
This ^^

Get the facts. Take into consideration the sources' vested intestest(s) and expertise. Use your skepticism, critical thinking, and common sense to draw the conclusion you feel is most valid/likely. Reward yourself with the beverage of your choice.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #56
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
1948
Rep
7,021
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Difficult to make up your mind when facts are omitted or skewed or misinformation is presented or if you only get information from one source.
That's the problem with getting your news from a singular source. It's tough to hear someone criticize CNN when while only quoting Epoch times. It's easy to dig behind a sensational headline. It's not easy to filter out what's just plain incorrect.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2020, 04:24 PM   #57
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10321
Rep
13,087
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
That's the problem with getting your news from a singular source. It's tough to hear someone criticize CNN when while only quoting Epoch times. It's easy to dig behind a sensational headline. It's not easy to filter out what's just plain incorrect.
I can't get over many on here criticizing CNN, when what they report matches what WSJ reports, and what AP reports, and what BBC reports, and what Reuters reports, and so on, and so on.........
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #58
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10321
Rep
13,087
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
at least they acknowledge and state that CNN is bias by omission and their guests are providing misleading information.
Guests are biased? Nooiooooo.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 1
iconoclast4546.00

      02-12-2020, 04:46 PM   #59
quick6
Lieutenant
554
Rep
492
Posts

Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I agree completely. My grandfather used to read three different newspapers because he wanted to form his own opinion on a matter not regurgitate the opinion or spin of one particular outlet. I have tried to do the same.

In addition the site below is a decent way sift through options:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/
I still read three different newspapers and do not get news from dubious online sources.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast4546.00

      02-12-2020, 05:01 PM   #60
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
2272
Rep
5,840
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Blood did you write this article?

https://rewire.news/article/2019/02/...ssie-smollett/
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille4361.50

      02-12-2020, 08:32 PM   #61
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
iconoclast's Avatar
No_Country
4546
Rep
4,627
Posts

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: In, Out & Around...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
I still read three different newspapers and do not get news from dubious online sources.
you have to now even more so than before; in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
I can't get over many on here criticizing CNN, when what they report matches what WSJ reports, and what AP reports, and what BBC reports, and what Reuters reports, and so on, and so on.........
CNN the channel (not the site) is like formal version of daily show. They chop up clips and stories or give opinionated pieces versus reporting.
One thing I can't believe and I am not sure if it is because I am old but Kennedy is now on Fox news. Homegirl went from MTV to Fox news.
I can't wait until Kurt Loder is the next Larry King.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent13699.00

      02-12-2020, 09:03 PM   #62
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
4362
Rep
3,338
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Not sure how "liberal" I am - but what is the question?

He should be penalized however much anyone else would once charged on Feb 24th.

Good to see it not being swept under the rug.
Name calling........its what the trumpsters do.
....the (unintentional) irony present in this short exchange is just one of the things i love about BP/OT-R&P.
RD my friend, you never fail to entertain.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2020, 09:30 PM   #63
cooolone2
Second Lieutenant
cooolone2's Avatar
211
Rep
284
Posts

Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NY, USA

iTrader: (0)

CNN is garbage, as most normal people know. Lol

Unless of course you submit yourself to drinking the koolaid!

Anyways... I will be following the part of the story regarding the Prosecutor dropping charges! Hmmmm... What wi happen there? Special counsel or not, indepe investigation or not. These people don't eat their own!

^^^ Mr Webb, the special prosecutor assigned in August to investigate how local prosecutors handled the case, said in a statement he was going to further prosecute Smollett.

The actor was charged with "making four separate false reports to Chicago Police Department officers related to his false claims that he was the victim of a hate crime, knowing that he was not the victim of a crime," Mr Webb said.

He added that his office had obtained "sufficient factual evidence" to argue that prosecutors were wrong to drop the case last year.^^^

Not wrong... The correct word would be "complicit"...
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410201.00
MKSixer22742.50

      02-13-2020, 06:50 AM   #64
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1139
Rep
1,596
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
In addition the site below is a decent way sift through options:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/
[QUOTE=Torgus;25799425]

This can't be real because it doesn't confirm my bias for Fox being more accurate than CNN.



Cool Grandfather!!
__________________
Stage 2 BM3
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 07:13 AM   #65
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
1948
Rep
7,021
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Wait... people *watch* news? I only read it. Less showy and spinny.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #66
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22743
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Read above on Fox. I hate to break it to you but CNN cleared this sniff test far better than Fox.
Allegedly less corrupt is still corrupt.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast4546.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST