BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Why is realoem.com not being updated?

05-27-2020, 07:28 AM   #1
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Why is realoem.com not being updated?

We all know Realoem.com as a platform to find parts and information about our cars, but why has this platform not been updated for the last 5 months?

Last update was end of 2019, but so far no new updates... New models are not in it, new parts are not in it. Is this a BMW problem or simply thing of not providing the data out into the open anymore?

MR
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #2
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Is this a BMW problem or simply thing of not providing the data out into the open anymore?

MR
I mean, all these sites such as realoem.com, bimmercat.com likely get it illegally as BMW does not sell ETK to anybody, and there are torrent sites where you can download ETK from - with the latest version being 01/2020. Coincidence, I think not.

There used to be an official ETK on the German BMW site but it's been gone for the past several months. That one was, obviously, the most up-to-date. I think it was update weekly.

https://www.leebmann24.de/bmw-ersatzteile/ has got the newest cars and parts in it, incl. M2 CS.
      05-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Being able to research my own part numbers is a huge reason why I’m so willing to buy parts overseas. I couldn’t imagine trying to explain in Italian some of the stuff I need, but if I can just print a page and circle a number it makes things easier.
Appreciate 0