BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Crusie control malfunction error message

05-25-2020, 04:00 PM   #1
F48SWE
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F48

Crusie control malfunction error message

Hi!

I have a strange problem with my F48 2016.
A couple of times during a normal drive I get the error message crusie control malfunction. It pop up for 15 sec and then its gone. Most of the time it happens in low speed. During the error message the CC still works.

I have checked the error with s dignostic tool without success. The fault code i face is D36D1E. Anyone with the same problem?

BR
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 08:28 AM   #2
Aleksanderthegreat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2016

I just experienced the same fault code on my f48 2016, did you find a solution to this problem?

I have read on different mini-forums that its connected to the slip ring? Other threads have listed cruise control error with the brake-switch sensor, but who knows..

leaving it at BMW next week to have a proper look, any pointers?...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 10:07 AM   #3
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksanderthegreat View Post
I just experienced the same fault code on my f48 2016, did you find a solution to this problem?

I have read on different mini-forums that its connected to the slip ring? Other threads have listed cruise control error with the brake-switch sensor, but who knows..

leaving it at BMW next week to have a proper look, any pointers?...
always best if you can grab yourself a copy of ISTA and run a scan with that. it'll give a more detailed description on the fault and what could be the actual problem itself as the dealer will simply use the same software (ista) to troubleshoot.

I had this popup once on 2016 x1 over a yr ago but I turned the car off, waited a few seconds and turned it back on and never seen it since.

keep us posted what the dealership comes up with.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 01:54 AM   #4
Aleksanderthegreat
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
always best if you can grab yourself a copy of ISTA and run a scan with that. it'll give a more detailed description on the fault and what could be the actual problem itself as the dealer will simply use the same software (ista) to troubleshoot.

I had this popup once on 2016 x1 over a yr ago but I turned the car off, waited a few seconds and turned it back on and never seen it since.

keep us posted what the dealership comes up with.
Had it at a mechanic to run out the codes for me, error message reads "Communication with component <gateway>.

I have read that in some cases, a broken taillight can cause cruise-control to shut down, as I noticed this morning one of my inner rearlights are not functioning.

Could this affect the issue with my cruise control? Didn't find anything correlated between these two on BMWs, but who knows..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 03:55 AM   #5
Aleksanderthegreat
Registered
Rep

Homersbud

Update om the Bimmer!

The technician at BMW diagnosed it as a faulty slip ring and at the same time gave me an offer on fixing it, for 1200 USD...
So I will see if I can find a slipring on some Norwegian parts-site, maybe hear with a few salvage-yards, because thats a steep price for a mild annoyance..
A couple of youtube-videos and a crafty uncle should do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 11:25 AM   #6
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksanderthegreat View Post
Homersbud

Update om the Bimmer!

The technician at BMW diagnosed it as a faulty slip ring and at the same time gave me an offer on fixing it, for 1200 USD...
So I will see if I can find a slipring on some Norwegian parts-site, maybe hear with a few salvage-yards, because thats a steep price for a mild annoyance..
A couple of youtube-videos and a crafty uncle should do the trick.
geez, $1200. what a rip! i'm sure an indie shop can do it much cheaper if you don't think you can do it yourself.
Appreciate 0