BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) X2 (F39) Instrument Panel Grey Square Issue?

01-13-2023, 12:28 PM   #1
KJL
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 (F39)

X2 (F39) Instrument Panel Grey Square Issue?

New to the forum and looking for advice on an issue with the display on my instrument panel. Apologies if this post is not in the right place

Got into my car the other evening and noticed a "grey square" in the bottom right of the instrument panel. I've only owned the car for 4 months and whilst it is a 2018 model, i'm still under warranty so want to get this resolved. I've included some pictures to show the issue but wanted to know if anyone can identify the cause and a potential remedy before i take it back to the stealership! Looks like a backlight / LCD screen failure of some sort maybe?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 09:26 PM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

It certainly seems that way.. or that your brightness on that module is extraordinarily bright! Out of curiosity, maybe dial back your dimmer (near the headlight switch) and see if it fades some. Honestly mine doesn't dim things a ton, but there are a few gradual spots where it will get better and I use it for very dark roads near my house. Still I think your problem is more severe unless it's the camera playing tricks with the intensity I see.
Appreciate 0