BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) How long from build week to delivery to customer (UK)

12-01-2018, 04:33 AM   #1
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive 20i M Sport

How long from build week to delivery to customer (UK)

Hi,

does anyone know how long it takes roughly from the build week, which in my case is Week 1, to delivery to the dealer and being ready for me to collect?

I need to know so I can cross off the days

Thank you
Jean
      12-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #2
RobinLegin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Xline 2i petrol

Hi
My car was built on the 6 th November 2017 and delivered to me on the 28 December 2017. I did delay picking up the car to avoid clashing with Christmas.
Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #3
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLegin View Post
Hi
My car was built on the 6 th November 2017 and delivered to me on the 28 December 2017. I did delay picking up the car to avoid clashing with Christmas.
Hope this helps
thank you.
It seems to vary a bit dependant upon a number of factors and can be quite quick - however I have just discovered the BMW live online chat and they have been helpful in giving me a better idea.

thanks again for your reply.
      12-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #4
pandauk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Mine took forever. Built week of 14th October, and I didn't collect till 13 November.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 07:16 AM   #5
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandauk View Post
Mine took forever. Built week of 14th October, and I didn't collect till 13 November.
That is forever :-)

My dealer is convinced I will get it in January, but if its not being built until the first week, that must be very tight - if not impossible.

J
      12-13-2018, 05:53 AM   #6
awong88
Rep

Hi,

My car was built on the 31st October 2018 and has been at the docks in Southampton since the 17th November 2018

Estimated delivery has been pushed back 5-6 times now but I'm still hopeful to get the car before Xmas.

I hope this doesn't have a knock on effect on January deliveries!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #7
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by awong88 View Post
Hi,

My car was built on the 31st October 2018 and has been at the docks in Southampton since the 17th November 2018

Estimated delivery has been pushed back 5-6 times now but I'm still hopeful to get the car before Xmas.

I hope this doesn't have a knock on effect on January deliveries!
If I knew my car was at Southampton that long, given I live an hour away - I would go and get it myself!!
      12-18-2018, 05:31 AM   #8
awong88
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie333 View Post
If I knew my car was at Southampton that long, given I live an hour away - I would go and get it myself!!
Haha I'm based in London and I'm still contemplating going down there myself!

Just as an update, they've now delayed it yet again. Looks like I won't be getting it before Xmas
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #9
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Haha I'm based in London and I'm still contemplating going down there myself!

Just as an update, they've now delayed it yet again. Looks like I won't be getting it before Xmas
oh no But at least it will be 2019 registered.

I am still being told mine will be delivered to the dealer 21st January, and presumably will be ready to pick up a few days afterwards.

Hope you get it soon! Exciting times :-)
      12-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #10
pandauk
Private First Class
Rep

Don't think you'll get a 19 plate till March.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #11
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandauk View Post
Don't think you'll get a 19 plate till March.
No I won't, but the car will be registered as a 2019 car. I will be putting my own plates on anyway, so dont mind what plate it is as long as its registered as 2019
      01-18-2019, 05:49 AM   #12
awong88
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie333 View Post
No I won't, but the car will be registered as a 2019 car. I will be putting my own plates on anyway, so dont mind what plate it is as long as its registered as 2019
Hi Jeannie,

I thought I'd just give you an update on my situation! Car has finally arrived at the dealership, a month and half later than they quoted. To top it off, I need to go in yet again to resign some finance documents that have now apparently expired.

The finance documents need a working day to process so I won't be able to collect the car until early next week. I've waited this long so a few more days isn't so much the issue.

But I'm not a happy customer, definitely won't be using this dealership again!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #13
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Jeannie,

I thought I'd just give you an update on my situation! Car has finally arrived at the dealership, a month and half later than they quoted. To top it off, I need to go in yet again to resign some finance documents that have now apparently expired.

The finance documents need a working day to process so I won't be able to collect the car until early next week. I've waited this long so a few more days isn't so much the issue.

But I'm not a happy customer, definitely won't be using this dealership again!
Hi,

Hope your car exceeds your expectations & your pick up goes well....how very exciting !!

My car is at sea as I type, steaming its way to me

He is due in Southampton on Sunday morning. Hoping to get it before the end of the month, which is a little after the date (few days) I was told.

Fingers crossed

exciting times

Jean