BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) So excited!!

11-25-2018, 04:39 AM   #1
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive 20i M Sport

Smile So excited!!

Hi,

I am new to the forum and wanted to share my excitement with you

Yesterday I ordered a white X1sDrive20i M Sport due for delivery January, exact date to be confirmed. It has a build week of week 50 .... yayyyy.

I'm slightly disappointed that BMW have stopped making petrol 4WD and I had to settle for the 2WD, but realistically we don't have much snow on the South Coast of England and I didn't 'need' 4WD.
However, there were some extras I did want, and so by buying new I got to pick what I wanted rather than compromise on some stuff that important to me.

I shall read with interest all the topics to try and understand as much as possible about the car before he arrives. (I think he looks more of a 'he' than a 'she' :-) )

Excited to be on the forum and excited to be getting my new car soon!!

Jean
Appreciate 2
Bill_P94.50
pandauk28.00
      11-25-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
pandauk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Awesome! I took delivery of mine very recently - what did you go for, tell us more! Colour, options, etc.

I wouldn't worry about the 4wd - you'll get better fuel economy with 2wd. I'm so impressed with mine - performance is great, it sticks to the road nicely, cabin noise is so much less than my old car (scirocco). I was worried when they'd moved the X1 from RWD to FWD, but honestly, it's a very well balanced car.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #3
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandauk View Post
Awesome! I took delivery of mine very recently - what did you go for, tell us more! Colour, options, etc.

I wouldn't worry about the 4wd - you'll get better fuel economy with 2wd. I'm so impressed with mine - performance is great, it sticks to the road nicely, cabin noise is so much less than my old car (scirocco). I was worried when they'd moved the X1 from RWD to FWD, but honestly, it's a very well balanced car.

Thank you for reassuring me about the 2WD, I wasn't sure but then decided it wasn't 'necessary'. Well I got a bit carried away with the options and didnt think anyone would want to know ... so here we go...but I do NEED them all - honestly

He is white and:

Adaptive suspension
Space saver spare wheel
Elect folding mirrors
Comfort Access
Reversing Camera Assist
Sun protection glass
Lumbar support
PDC for front and rear
Extended light package
Traffic Jam assist
Diving assistant plus
Active cruise control with Stop go function
Park assist
Head Up display
Remote services
BMW Nav plus package

I know, I know....but I did get a very good deal for "Black Friday' (oh, and he didnt quite go over £40k)
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

Nice motor

We have the 4wd White 20i bought 2 month old back in July.
Not very well speec,d up as I did not order it new.
Amongst the extras it has the Lumber Support that was a "must" for us,and the sport seats from your MSport.
I do not find the Bridgestone tyres quite and have always found they increase noise as they wear. ASAP I change over to Contis
My only disappointment are the LED headlights,they are nowhere near as good as the Adaptive Zenons in my previous X1 (e84) ,or the previous e61. Whereas the Zenons actually turned into corners ,these just have a rather weak additional fixed corner light.
We do live on hills and I am at present looking at sourcing "winters" but keeping the "star" marking so as not risking warrantee trouble.
We have the xLine as the MSport is on the hard side for my wife.
I also have the BMW. Z3 for the fun drives --- that is hard drive.
And if the snow ever gets deep I tend to borrow my sons Isuzu DMax on BF Goodrich Mud Tyres,but on just a moderate snow cars need winter tyres--- they are not snow tyres

Last edited by Abh29; 11-25-2018 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #5
pandauk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie333 View Post
Thank you for reassuring me about the 2WD, I wasn't sure but then decided it wasn't 'necessary'. Well I got a bit carried away with the options and didnt think anyone would want to know ... so here we go...but I do NEED them all - honestly

He is white and:

Adaptive suspension
Space saver spare wheel
Elect folding mirrors
Comfort Access
Reversing Camera Assist
Sun protection glass
Lumbar support
PDC for front and rear
Extended light package
Traffic Jam assist
Diving assistant plus
Active cruise control with Stop go function
Park assist
Head Up display
Remote services
BMW Nav plus package

I know, I know....but I did get a very good deal for "Black Friday' (oh, and he didnt quite go over £40k)
Ha ha, easier to have said what you didn't go for Nice deal. See if you can throw in the extra 10l capacity on the fuel tank (OPTION 1AG) for £40. It'll make a big difference. I'm getting about 450miles to a tank, and with the 61L tank you'd get about 550. If that's important to you.

Which trim did you go for? Only thing I'd say is it's definitely worth adding sports seats. The standard ones are shit.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 10:34 AM   #6
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie333 View Post
That sounds like an amazing spec for your X1.
Hope the 'list' price was below £40K with all that kit included, because the annual RFL first and subsequent years are based on manufacturers prices before any discounts are given.
I'm almost 8 months into my X1 and approx 8300 very enjoyable and economical miles (overall average from new, currently 40.2mpg and I had one trip a few weeks ago where I averaged 50mpg over 150 miles).
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #7
Abh29
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW. X1 f48. 20i xLine xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
Hope the 'list' price was below £40K with all that kit included, because the annual RFL first and subsequent years are based on manufacturers prices before any discounts are given.
I'm almost 8 months into my X1 and approx 8300 very enjoyable and economical miles (overall average from new, currently 40.2mpg and I had one trip a few weeks ago where I averaged 50mpg over 150 miles).
Was that mpg taken from the dash or was it brim to brim.
I have found the dash figure to be the most optimistic I have even known. I tend to keep a accurate record of fuel consumption on my cars,not that it really matters --- but it can be a warning of trouble occurring I find I can get figures varying +/- 15% from average ,I use Road Trip from Darren Stone .
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #8
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandauk View Post
Ha ha, easier to have said what you didn't go for Nice deal. See if you can throw in the extra 10l capacity on the fuel tank (OPTION 1AG) for £40. It'll make a big difference. I'm getting about 450miles to a tank, and with the 61L tank you'd get about 550. If that's important to you.

Which trim did you go for? Only thing I'd say is it's definitely worth adding sports seats. The standard ones are shit.
I did think it would be easier to say what I didn't go for as I was writing the list

I went for the M Sport. We were torn between the M Sport and the X-Line but thought the M Sport looked nice in white because of the black on the car. Annoyingly the dealer didnt have an X-Line in for us to look at closely and drive, but gave us a Sport version to drive and said it was the nearest to the X-line suspension. After a couple of long test drives, over bumps and lumps, we thought there wasn't too much difference and so I went for the M-Sport as I haven't grown up yet and so like a car to look 'the business'.

I was worried about the suspension being too hard, but decided not to go for run-flats and to include the adaptive suspension option. A tip I picked up from reading this forum for a couple of weeks..
Mind you, I am currently driving a Golf GTI Performance and so anything would seem 'soft' compared to that.

Jean

Last edited by Jeannie333; 11-25-2018 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #9
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
Funnily enough, I took a couple of things off to ensure it didnt!! It was £39,500 before my very good (I think!) discount AND a fair p/ex on my car. I was a very happy bunny
      11-25-2018, 11:39 AM   #10
Jeannie333
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Thank you

Thank you for making me feel welcomed and your nice comments, I really appreciate it.

Thanks again and I look forward to reading and learning lots from this friendly forum in the future

Last edited by Jeannie333; 11-26-2018 at 02:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 03:56 PM   #11
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh29 View Post
Was that mpg taken from the dash or was it brim to brim.
I have found the dash figure to be the most optimistic I have even known. I tend to keep a accurate record of fuel consumption on my cars,not that it really matters --- but it can be a warning of trouble occurring I find I can get figures varying +/- 15% from average ,I use Road Trip from Darren Stone .
My figures are from the iDrive screen and I monitor both overall and trip consumptions. So, your observations are interesting. Incidentally, last week my remaining fuel was showing 20 miles and when I called in at the local Tesco filling station it was all coned off and no pumps working! I drove onto the A50 towards 'smokey Stoke' (my nephews description - I'm an ex-Stoke person!) and the nearest Shell garage was also closed due to major road works. The road climbs westwards from Uttoxeter, but the remaining fuel started to rapidly drop, eventually reaching the alarming level of 1 mile remaining: oh dear !! I slowed down on the level stretches of road towards the next nearest filling station (distance 5.1 miles), also Tesco, and managed to get the range up to 7 miles although by the time I arrived there, feeling VERY hot and bothered it was back to 3 miles. I filled to the brim (saving 2p per litre over the 1st Tesco price per litre!) with 48.01 litres, which indicates that of the 51 litre tank capacity, there was still around 3 litres remaining. BUT, I wouldn't want to be in that situation again!!
Appreciate 0