BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dumb things you have done while drinking/drunk

07-21-2021, 11:10 AM   #45
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
My husband drags me fishing a lot, and I love it!
We manage to sneak in a trip to Jekyll Island 6 times in summer season. I aalllways make sure I have Jack Daniel's and Coca Cola in one of those stainless steel insulated water bottles. End up always filling it up too high and getting splattered by carbon and hooch from it being jostled with tackle.

Long story short……

NEEEEEVER GET SO SLOSHED YOU FORGET THAT YOU ARE FISHING IN SALT WATER…… and that YOU DO NOT REACH INTO A FISHES MOUTH BAREHANDED TO UNSET THE HOOK.

"Got damn that fish was slimy. My hand is sticky. Oh it must be the sugar from the splashed cola… " NO! IT WAS MY BLOOD! Off to the bait prep station to grab the hose and clean the wound. NO! That's just ocean water pumped up to the sink! Thank goodness for bottled water and others nearby fishing. A kind but also sloshed gentleman had vodka and a 1st aid kit. So much blood…intensified by alcohol. Ended up ok, with hand in the cooler. Did catch a few flounder after, but they were under 12 inches so I could not keep them.
Have you never read/seen Old Man and the Sea???? Salt water is good for cleaning wounds
      07-21-2021, 11:23 AM   #46
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Have you never read/seen Old Man and the Sea???? Salt water is good for cleaning wounds
Good movie. Saw the 1958 film with Spencer Tracy.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 12:15 PM   #47
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

cmyx6go
I was thinking the same thing about myself....

My wife (GF then) and I used to go to Vegas 4-5 times a year.
We had an arguement about buying a Peter Lik photograph. They sit you in these perfectly lit rooms with special lighting focused strategically and they give you champagne while trying to sell you. SOOOOO, she fell for it. Wanted this print that would have been about $10k in the frame and size she wanted.

I told her if we wont anywhere near $10k she could buy it....we won nothing! So after some bickering back and forth we retreated to our room.
I figured Ill show her and proceeded to the Movado store in the mall at the Venettian. I bought the biggest ring they had in stock and left it on the bathroom vanity so she would see it when she woke up.

She was not amused, told me she didnt want a drunken pity engagement. We tried the return the ring but the manager asked if we would return the ring when we got home at our local Movado store so they would keep the sale and commission. We agreed but had to carry this ring home and not damage it until we got back to Jersey.

She got her ring regardless but we never did buy a Peter Lik.

Not that great, but def remember how hard it was to get from the room to the mall and back upstairs after a day of Long Island Ice Teas in the hot Vegas sun.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15581.00
      07-21-2021, 02:53 PM   #48
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

I'm my own secret santa with Amazon packages I don't remember ordering...
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 6
Esteban42239.50
Bunnny219.50
cmyx6go15581.00
Tommy-G4467.00
      07-21-2021, 03:00 PM   #49
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
A.O.U.I. = Amazon Ordering Under the Influence.
      07-21-2021, 03:08 PM   #50
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
I'm suspect I have three Esco jack stands instead of four for that reason
      07-21-2021, 03:12 PM   #51
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
I'm suspect I have three Esco jack stands instead of four for that reason
Someone ordered your 4th one from you and you sent it?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 04:58 PM   #52
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I’ve been thinking about this and coming up with nothing. Plenty of funny stories about others in my company. I just fall asleep if I drink too much.

I did drive home from NYC when I was about 16 before I had my license because my older friends who drove were shitfaced. But I guess under the circumstances I was somewhat the responsible one. I wasn’t drinking, just shouldn’t have been driving.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4467.00
      07-21-2021, 05:03 PM   #53
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post

I did drive home from NYC when I was about 16 before I had my license because my older friends who drove were shitfaced. But I guess under the circumstances I was somewhat the responsible one. I wasn’t drinking, just shouldn’t have been driving.
He he he...That's my girl!
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15581.00
      07-21-2021, 09:52 PM   #54
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Freshman year at a house party I got plastered and had to do a #2 sometime late that night. They had a bathroom on each floor but both were occupied and I ventured into a nearby room and went in a garbage container. Next morning found out it was a hamper and the guy had to throw away some of his clothes, also my buddies had to stop the guy from kicking my drunk ass as I passed out soon after this happened, also we went to the zoo when it was 100+ degrees that next day. Walking around with a hangover in the heat was really fun
Appreciate 1
Buug95916844.00
      07-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #55
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
Freshman year at a house party I got plastered and had to do a #2 sometime late that night. They had a bathroom on each floor but both were occupied and I ventured into a nearby room and went in a garbage container. Next morning found out it was a hamper and the guy had to throw away some of his clothes, also my buddies had to stop the guy from kicking my drunk ass as I passed out soon after this happened, also we went to the zoo when it was 100+ degrees that next day. Walking around with a hangover in the heat was really fun
Duuuuuuude
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 12:06 PM   #56
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Duuuuuuude
I felt bad and wanted to pay for the clothes he had to throw away but the guy was still livid and didn’t want to hear my voice. Looking in hindsight what I took from it was as drunk as I was I still didn’t shit myself so I’m happy about that. Haven’t been drunk since though, don’t wanna chance myself doing something else stupid.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 01:19 PM   #57
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
I felt bad and wanted to pay for the clothes he had to throw away but the guy was still livid and didn’t want to hear my voice. Looking in hindsight what I took from it was as drunk as I was I still didn’t shit myself so I’m happy about that. Haven’t been drunk since though, don’t wanna chance myself doing something else stupid.
WOW! Good for you....
Most people would have walked away giving the guy the finger. Very admirable of you to try to pay.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #58
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

About 8-9 years ago, while living in the Buckhead area of Atlanta (when it was nice and not random crimes): 22/23yr old me (fresh outta college) blackout while out drinking w/friends at the Buckhead Bars. Apparently sometime after 1am, I lost them, meaning they got drunk and grabbed taxis/ubers, so I decided to walk the almost 4 mi back to my apartment in Lenox Park, right on the Buckhead/Brookhaven border. Retelling this story to my friends the next day at the pool, one of the girls was like, "Oh shit! We passed you in our taxi, walking down the sidewalk, because I recognized your pink button-down." I asked why they didn't bother to put me in the taxi. Her response was, well you'd made it that far (since I was not even 1/4 mi from our complex).

Fast forward to the next weekend on Sat night, I'm out drinking w/same friends at the Buckhead Bars, the last thing I remember, around 10:30pm is ordering a Jack/Coke (We think I was roofied, as this was my 2nd drink and I'm no light weight: 6'3 & 200lb.). Next thing I know, I'm waking up shirtless, in athletic shorts, on my apt living room floor @7am on Sunday morning. I assume I had walked home for the 2nd weekend ina row.
I tried to call my neighbor, who lives 3 doors down from me & had been out w/me to confirm, no answer. I go to her door & knock, no answer.
I go about my day, w/the only highlight being my buddy (who had been out w/us) Snapchatting me that he woke up in a bush outside an apartment complex to watch the sunrise.
Fast forward to Tuesday, and no one has heard from my neighbor. So I message her on FB. Apparently she'd lost her phone, but she had picked me up w/our other friend, "bush" boy in a taxi.
They'd been sitting in traffic outside the bars, saw me stumble out, and told me to get in. So I rode home w/them. Our Bush Boy buddy was making an ass of himself, got us kicked out of the taxi, one apartment complex down from mine. So he proceeded to bed down for the night in some bushed while my neighbor and I walked the 100yrd home, so I did actually get home safely. Good Times.

I'm sure more will come to mind
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 02:46 PM   #59
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Living in Jersey back in the day us boys all worked at the BMW dealer together and had gone out in Hoboken.
We dropped a friend off, lets call him Steve. He couldn't walk so we propped him against the fence and beeped the horn like madmen at 2AM.
The house lights came on, we jetted so his mom didnt know who he was out with. Come to find out on Monday back at work, no one came outside and he woke in a pile of calamari puke.
He was the Calamari kid until years later when he switched dealerships.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15581.00
Buug95916844.00
Joekerr7926.00
      07-22-2021, 03:38 PM   #60
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I don't think I've contributed.

Very few times that I've been drunk to be honest, but the one time where I knew I was going to get drunk, I took two friends with me to make sure I got home. I've heard I was a complete mess that night, but I was black out, can't remember a thing from it.

Apparently one of the things I did when we were leaving was walked over to a police car to take a piss on it...with the cops inside. Either they weren't situationally aware enough, or my friends acted fast enough, but they steered me over to another car, so didn't get any charges that night.

They counted about 15-20 drinks in me apparently, and then when they delivered me home to the apartment my younger brother and I were sharing, my bro thought it would be hilarious to let me keep drinking. So he poured some Johnny Walker Blue down my throat...at $200/bottle, probably the worst bottle he could pick to have some fun with me.

Next morning I 100% had alcohol poisoning. Could barely move, just sat on the couch and tried to put some water down all morning and all afternoon, couldn't eat till dinner. Literally the worst. And the last time I was black out drunk too. Had no desire to repeat that.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 05:07 PM   #61
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Joined this forum
Appreciate 2
Buug95916844.00
ramman434710.00