BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Knocking voice after releasing throttle

01-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
victorial
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 118d sdrive

Knocking voice after releasing throttle

I live in Netherlands, and I have an 2016 x1 18d sdrive with automatic transmission, it has 120k kilometers millage. I bought it as second hand one month ago, it is in BMW premium selection warranty.

I hear a metallic knocking voice when I release the throttle. I mostly hear this voice at lower speeds(0-50 kph). But I see that the voice is there at all speeds, road noise covers the voice so it is hard to hear at high speeds.

As my guess, the car is going idle when I release the throttle and then that knocking sound comes. I see that the tachometer is going to 800 rpm(which means the gear become neutral) just after I hear that knocking voice. It does not seem normal.

I did not hear such voice from any other ZF8 transmissioned car.

I will show my car to dealer at the next maintenance(will be in six months), but I want to find the exact origin of the problem before going to dealer.

If it is not related with detachment of the clutch when going idle, I have a suspicion of a bearing between engine and the transmission.

Does anyone faced a problem such that?
Has anyone have an opinion about that?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 08:41 AM   #2
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

I would suspect a failed motor mount, personally.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 02:36 AM   #3
victorial
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 118d sdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by //TMT View Post
I would suspect a failed motor mount, personally.
I have investigated further about motor/transmission mount problems and yes you're right, motor mount is a strong option. The only thing about this issue, the car is too new for worn out mounts. I will tell the dealer about that, thanks for your reply.
Appreciate 0