BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) "Last seat position - Automatic" - how does this work?

08-19-2019, 06:45 PM   #1
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

"Last seat position - Automatic" - how does this work?

hi all
I have the Comfort Access option on my car, but although I think I set up the two keys for two different profiles, the driver seat does not move to the different key settings when I unlock.

Other settings seem to change (like the AC temp, radio station, even the interior light colour), but the seat doesn't move.

I seem to recall from an older BMW I had, that it might be something to do with the 'last seat position - automatic' setting?

Before I dare fiddle around with that, could someone please confirm whether that should be ticked in order for the seat to move when I unlock with a different key? or should it be un-ticked? It is currently ticked.

Or have I done something wrong with the profile/key matching? Seems more complicated than on my E90. On that one it was quite intuitive.

thank you

S
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 02:08 AM   #2
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

It should be ticked, which means that the seat should move into the stored position when you unlock the car, based on the profile stored against that key. Forgive me if this is a silly question, but you have stored the seat position in memory, either 1 or 2, for each profile in use?

If other settings are changing depending on which key you use, it sounds like the profiles are being loaded correctly. You don't have any check control warnings about seat calibration at all, as I've had these in the past and they can interfere with seat memory positioning...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 06:39 PM   #3
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Hi, yes I did have the seat positions saved to the two seat memories. However I think I've discovered what the problem might be.

It looks like you have to actually use the remote control buttons when unlocking the car, and not the comfort access keyless entry method

Seems strange for the car not to recognise the different remote if I use comfort access...

And your're right, I tested the 'last seat position - auto' option, and yes it needs to be ticked in order for the driver's seat to move.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 01:53 AM   #4
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Glad you sorted it I don't have the Comfort Access option, so this didn't occur to me as a possible issue, but hopefully this might help others if they come across this thread
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 06:48 PM   #5
saabdrvr
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48, MINI CTM ALL4 F60

This is all I gleaned from BMW Genius:

Thanks for clarifying that Unlocking method is a factor for this to work as expected.
Appreciate 1
Douggie142.00
      10-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #6
BrianJ
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F48 X1 xDrive20i Sport B48

My handbook says if "last seat position automatic" is set for the particular driver profile, the driver's seat and exterior mirrors are adjusted to their last set positions when the vehicle is unlocked. It goes on to say "The last position setting is independent of the positions saved via the seat memory".

So presumably if you untick "last seat position automatic" it will revert to the seat memory setting for that driver profile, which may or may not be the one that you think is associated with the key, as I found out!
Appreciate 0