BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Introducing the Updated 2020 BMW X1 LCI

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-30-2019, 02:04 AM   #67
DeeKay
Lieutenant
DeeKay's Avatar
Denmark
330
Rep
511
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW 420d GranCoupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark

iTrader: (0)

So brand new LCI but no digital dash? Or is it me that's missing something? I know it's a LCI modem and not brand new but the interior doesn't look like it's the same new-gen as the new 3-Series
__________________
| 2017 BMW 420d GranCoupe |
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 04:40 AM   #68
Beagler
Private First Class
United Kingdom
10
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: Ordered X1 MSPORT & R1200RT LE
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Yesterday I saw on the configurator that the New facelift can be ordered. I went into dealer today and was told my car had moved today to in build. The dealer has allowed me to switch to the new facelift with a delivery of Sept instead of the pre-facelift due in July. I can now have a paler Storm grey and MSport brakes which I wanted at first. Happy Days.
__________________
Everthing goes to Entropy in this Age.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 08:08 AM   #69
Jorix
Private
26
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
The dealer has allowed me to switch to the new facelift with a delivery of Sept instead of the pre-facelift due in July. )
At the same price?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 08:23 AM   #70
Jorix
Private
26
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
i like the new changes. But unfortunately it still has the worst driving dynamics of any BMW currently made.
Does it? To be honest, I don't find the X1 (xDrive) in any way less fun to drive than the old 5-series or the old X3. Haven't tried the new models, but I guess you have.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 08:42 AM   #71
Beagler
Private First Class
United Kingdom
10
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: Ordered X1 MSPORT & R1200RT LE
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
At the same price?
I’ll let you know Monday when we finalise everything. I know my Tiguan will be reduced a little due to xtra couple of months.
As we say here in Lancashire,

“ You dont get owt fer nowt”
__________________
Everthing goes to Entropy in this Age.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #72
drrocky
New Member
drrocky's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW X1
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
Yesterday I saw on the configurator that the New facelift can be ordered. I went into dealer today and was told my car had moved today to in build. The dealer has allowed me to switch to the new facelift with a delivery of Sept instead of the pre-facelift due in July. I can now have a paler Storm grey and MSport brakes which I wanted at first. Happy Days.
The German configurator has the 2020 X1 models. The American website is still only allowing you to build a 2019.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:13 AM   #73
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
SoCali E36's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
3,318
Posts

Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where the road takes me...

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
i like the new changes. But unfortunately it still has the worst driving dynamics of any BMW currently made.
Does it? To be honest, I don't find the X1 (xDrive) in any way less fun to drive than the old 5-series or the old X3. Haven't tried the new models, but I guess you have.
I take it you're talking about the previous generation where it was either rear wheel drive or all wheel drive?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:17 AM   #74
Jorix
Private
26
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
I take it you're talking about the previous generation where it was either rear wheel drive or all wheel drive?
Nope, I am talking about the current model all wheel drive.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:17 AM   #75
KSERGEI-BY
Second Lieutenant
KSERGEI-BY's Avatar
Belarus
35
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 / Skoda Kodiaq
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BY/Minsk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
Does it? To be honest, I don't find the X1 (xDrive) in any way less fun to drive than the old 5-series or the old X3. Haven't tried the new models, but I guess you have.
New x3 is very fun to drive and agile car. But I found myself starting comparing to x1 but not older bmws.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:22 AM   #76
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
SoCali E36's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
3,318
Posts

Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where the road takes me...

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
I take it you're talking about the previous generation where it was either rear wheel drive or all wheel drive?
Nope, I am talking about the current model all wheel drive.
Got it. But yes, I've driven both drivetrains for the new model. The car feels nothing like a bmw. It feels like a Mini Cooper. And I drove a Mini for 3 years recently.

The car literally has the Cooper driving dynamics. Plus it's underpowered. But I will say this, the X2, although it's basically the same car, drives completely different and actually feels like a bmw. And that's because Bmw actually tweaked the X2 to feel like that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:27 AM   #77
KSERGEI-BY
Second Lieutenant
KSERGEI-BY's Avatar
Belarus
35
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 / Skoda Kodiaq
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BY/Minsk

iTrader: (0)

I used to have a regual e36 sedan.
I dont seek for a same feel as e36 gives. Its just a fun car. It is underpowered comparing to m3 with its 300hp, but it is faster, roomier and more pratical then regular e36 320 sedan. And somewhat more fun to drive. *imho*
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:32 AM   #78
Beagler
Private First Class
United Kingdom
10
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: Ordered X1 MSPORT & R1200RT LE
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrocky View Post
The German configurator has the 2020 X1 models. The American website is still only allowing you to build a 2019.
Our configurator says 2019 but is it the same as 2020


https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/05/28/w...idney-grilles/


https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...1-photos-info/
__________________
Everthing goes to Entropy in this Age.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #79
Jorix
Private
26
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: BMW 120d, BMW X1 xDrive20d
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
Got it. But yes, I've driven both drivetrains for the new model. The car feels nothing like a bmw. It feels like a Mini Cooper. And I drove a Mini for 3 years recently.

The car literally has the Cooper driving dynamics.
Well yeah, probably because it is a mini cooper with the skin of a BMW However, the notion of "drives like a BMW" is ambiguous to me, since BMW currently make 18+ models and the difference between how the 3 series and the 5 series drives is big, not to mention the other models. Some models aim at fun, other aim at comfort, third at practicality and so on.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:45 AM   #80
CliveL
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
132
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bournemouth, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
I’ll let you know Monday when we finalise everything. I know my Tiguan will be reduced a little due to xtra couple of months.
As we say here in Lancashire,

“ You dont get owt fer nowt”
They seem to be messing around with the different Option "packs" on the UK configurator at the moment, so it will be interesting to see what you get to choose from next week. For example, only yesterday you could choose the Reversing Camera, Electric Seats and Heated Steering Wheel as individually priced add-ons. Today they are only available in Technology Packs, and are in different Packs as well, so you have to take at least two Packs if you want a Reversing Camera and Electric Seats, for example. And you are forced to have Comfort Access as well, which personally I wouldn't want.

Good luck with the new spec next week. Let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 1
Beagler10.00

      05-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #81
Beagler
Private First Class
United Kingdom
10
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: Ordered X1 MSPORT & R1200RT LE
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
They seem to be messing around with the different Option "packs" on the UK configurator at the moment, so it will be interesting to see what you get to choose from next week. For example, only yesterday you could choose the Reversing Camera, Electric Seats and Heated Steering Wheel as individually priced add-ons. Today they are only available in Technology Packs, and are in different Packs as well, so you have to take at least two Packs if you want a Reversing Camera and Electric Seats, for example. And you are forced to have Comfort Access as well, which personally I wouldn't want.

Good luck with the new spec next week. Let us know how it goes.
This is what Ive configured. The dealer referred to it as LC1,
Attached Images
   
__________________
Everthing goes to Entropy in this Age.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 12:48 PM   #82
RobinLegin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
12
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: BMW X1 Xline 2i petrol
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Dorset

iTrader: (0)

Beagler just remember to keep under £40k on road list price, otherwise you will be penalised with road fund excise duty paid at the higher rate for the 1st 5 years of the life of the car.
Mine was built Nov 2017 and I can’t see much difference. And unless BMW offer me a really good deal I plan to stick with it for now, being of the school that runs cars into the ground.
Appreciate 1
Beagler10.00

      05-30-2019, 01:00 PM   #83
Beagler
Private First Class
United Kingdom
10
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: Ordered X1 MSPORT & R1200RT LE
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLegin View Post
Beagler just remember to keep under £40k on road list price, otherwise you will be penalised with road fund excise duty paid at the higher rate for the 1st 5 years of the life of the car.
Mine was built Nov 2017 and I can’t see much difference. And unless BMW offer me a really good deal I plan to stick with it for now, being of the school that runs cars into the ground.
Is that list price or actual price I pay?
How much difference in the higher rate?
Thanks for your help.
__________________
Everthing goes to Entropy in this Age.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 01:05 PM   #84
Beagler
Private First Class
United Kingdom
10
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: Ordered X1 MSPORT & R1200RT LE
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

I found this,

The premium tax levied on cars that cost more than £40,000 (and which is payable from years two to six) will also rise from £310 to £320 per year. The premium tax is based on the car’s quoted list price before discounts, plus any options you’ve added. The list price should include on-the-road costs such as delivery and numberplates but excludes the first year’s road tax and initial registration fee.
__________________
Everthing goes to Entropy in this Age.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 03:37 PM   #85
bmwx3805
Second Lieutenant
bmwx3805's Avatar
100
Rep
291
Posts

Drives: 14 cruze diesel and 2019 430I
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx3805 View Post
Will it offer blind spot monitoring?
I was looking for that too. It's only 2020 after all...
I just blows my mind you can't blind spot monitoring in 2019 on the x1
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #86
nelsonvaz
New Member
Germany
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: BMW 3&5 series
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Munich

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx3805 View Post
Will it offer blind spot monitoring?


Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
So, no iDrive 7.0, no digital dash, no blind spot monitor, no driving assistance systems. But it projects X1 on the ground now and the front bumper looks better. Gotcha. ����*♂️


Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBayernFTW View Post
Why would they give it all that before the x3?
X3 has driving assistant, digital dash, not sure about the idrive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx3805 View Post
Will it offer blind spot monitoring?


Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
So, no iDrive 7.0, no digital dash, no blind spot monitor, no driving assistance systems. But it projects X1 on the ground now and the front bumper looks better. Gotcha. ����*♂️


Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBayernFTW View Post
Why would they give it all that before the x3?
X3 has driving assistant, digital dash, not sure about the idrive...
ID7 will fit as standard on X3 G01 production line starting next August.
__________________
www.nelsonvaz.com
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 07:31 PM   #87
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
M3 Adjuster's Avatar
Albania
7672
Rep
11,525
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx3805 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx3805 View Post
Will it offer blind spot monitoring?
I was looking for that too. It's only 2020 after all...
I just blows my mind you can't blind spot monitoring in 2019 on the x1
Does it blow your mind more or less than the following ....?

Paying $3500 for Nav in the late 2000s.

Paying $500 for a USB connection on BMW in the early 2010s.

Paying $1495 for an Exec pack for a (federally mandated ) back up camera in the middle 2010s.


It is funny how BMW wants to tout all their electronic sophistication when a Toyota corolla has many features stock that the bmw doesn't.
__________________
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter Ex-president (retired 2017) , Chief Driving Instructor - LIFETIME Member # 119366
If you don't STAND for something.. you'll FALL for anything
Past: 1991 BMW E30 M3 street car ; 1988 BMW E30 M3 track car -
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 12:40 PM   #88
drrocky
New Member
drrocky's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW X1
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

Anyone know if the Convenience or Premium Packages can be ordered with the Moonroof Delete option? I want all of the options included in the Premium, but I do not want the moonroof.
Appreciate 1
ted9958.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST